• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers without Jimmy?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is 26th in ppg allowed.

TB is 5th.

Let's all pump the brakes on Mr Purdy until he plays this game at the very least.

Miami was supposed to have a good defense before the season but it's overrated right now.
There it is. Purdy doesn’t have to do much. He just needs to distribute the ball to playmakers and let the Niners defense play.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say until we see Purdy play a couple of games. Need to see how he does with 1st team reps and starter preparation along with opposing defenses preparing to play against him.

They've got the defense that can still make a run if Purdy can just effectively manage the game which he did a decent job of doing today but hard for me to imagine winning an NFC Championship game or Super Bowl with Purdy at the helm. You'd need the defense to be standing on it's head and you'd need the running game of their 2019 playoff run to do that.

Was Purdy really the last pick in the draft ?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...

We will see if he can keep it up.
To make the playoffs?!?!? Seattle lost again today. What are you talking about. When we first talked about this you said they were a threat to miss the playoffs. The NFC West is over. Niners are a playoff team.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Purdy really the last pick in the draft ?
Ice Cube Yes GIF

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To make the playoffs?!?!? Seattle lost again today. What are you talking about. When we first talked about this you said they were a threat to miss the playoffs. The NFC West is over. Niners are a playoff team.
3rd seed on lock, and depending on how the Vikings regress maybe 2nd seed. Not catching the Eagles obviously.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd seed on lock, and depending on how the Vikings regress maybe 2nd seed. Not catching the Eagles obviously.
The Vikings haven’t really “regressed”. They’re just reverting to the mean. They’ve gotten unbelievable bounces and have found a way in close games. That can only continue for so long.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikings haven’t really “regressed”. They’re just reverting to the mean. They’ve gotten unbelievable bounces and have found a way in close games. That can only continue for so long.
I know a lot of it was from one big beatdown but the Vikings point differential is -1 with a 10-3 record LOL. Niners have a great shot of passing them for the 2nd seed.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a lot of it was from one big beatdown but the Vikings point differential is -1 with a 10-3 record LOL. Niners have a great shot of passing them for the 2nd seed.
I think it will happen. Vikes will lose at GB too and not sure the tiebreaker between Vikes and Niners at that point yet.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Given your schedule and ours, I can't say that I disagree.

The home games for the Vikings should be wins vs. the Colts and Giants, but the road games could be difficult with the Packers and Bears looking to play spoiler.

The 9ers schedule is easier with your toughest remaining being the Commanders at home.

We'll see how the Purdy boy holds up.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deebo is out for Thursday’s game and a short week, don’t think Purdy will play as well as he did today. He may not have to, but I expect a slobber knocker Thursday night.
Plus divisional road game and Seattle always plays them tough. I think the Niners win but nowhere near the laugher today was.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The league is littered with the bones of no-name QBs that do well in stretches but fall flat and never take off again.

Now I'm hoping that's not the case with Purdy but need to see more of him before making a more complete opinion of him.

Though I do at least think he doesn't have the same limitations as Jimmy G as he seems more able to throw outside the numbers and is more athletic and with the combination of CMC I think we're finally starting to see more of the offense Shanahan wants to run than the one he's forced to run with Jimmy G.

So despite the fact Jimmy G was actually playing well it still might be a blessing in disguise that Purdy is starting now.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league is littered with the bones of no-name QBs that do well in stretches but fall flat and never take off again.

Now I'm hoping that's not the case with Purdy but need to see more of him before making a more complete opinion of him.

Though I do at least think he doesn't have the same limitations as Jimmy G as he seems more able to throw outside the numbers and is more athletic and with the combination of CMC I think we're finally starting to see more of the offense Shanahan wants to run than the one he's forced to run with Jimmy G.

So despite the fact Jimmy G was actually playing well it still might be a blessing in disguise that Purdy is starting now.
I've always thought highly of Shanahan... I think a lot of the success for his has to do with the situational coaching that Kyle implements... He has a winning formula... One that is efficient and it helps the QB position quite a bit... SF has a great coaching staff all the way around...