• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers will never win a Superbowl with Colon Keepandrun

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. The 49ers are the absolute perfect team for his style of play and the fact that they've been to 2 straight NFC title games with him as the QB shows it. He obviously has some issues with taking off when his first option isn't there, but when your offensive line can give you time and you have 3 physical receivers that can get separation you end up with a really dangerous player. Guy is a threat to break a big one every single play. Seattle just presents too many match up problems and the home field advantage didn't hurt either. If SF can snag the #1 seed next year I wouldn't be surprised to see them back in the Super Bowl.

Last edited by a moderator:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. The 49ers are the absolute perfect team for his style of play and the fact that they've been to 2 straight NFC title games with him as the QB shows it. He obviously has some issues with taking off when his first option isn't there, but when your offensive line can give you time and you have 3 physical receivers that can get separation you end up with a really dangerous player. Guy is a threat to break a big one every single play.

Crabtree and Davis make a lot of big plays. And they both can get separation.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaeperfail and Wilson are both exactly the same type of QB. They both are running QBs, not pocket passers. Not sure why the original poster thinks different. Both of them will end up injured and out of the league within a few years probably.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaeperfail and Wilson are both exactly the same type of QB. They both are running QBs, not pocket passers. Not sure why the original poster thinks different. Both of them will end up injured and out of the league within a few years probably.

Wilson can read the field. He's not just a one read and run guy that throws blind in the RZ.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. The 49ers are the absolute perfect team for his style of play and the fact that they've been to 2 straight NFC title games with him as the QB shows it. He obviously has some issues with taking off when his first option isn't there, but when your offensive line can give you time and you have 3 physical receivers that can get separation you end up with a really dangerous player. Guy is a threat to break a big one every single play. Seattle just presents too many match up problems and the home field advantage didn't hurt either. If SF can snag the #1 seed next year I wouldn't be surprised to see them back in the Super Bowl.

all that shows is how the quality of league play in the parity era has gone down hill. He isn't remotely prepared to lead a team,cant make any reads compared to other QB pro's, has to take all his orders from the sidelines, has a coach who has tantrums like a 2 year old and yet the team he is on gets that far twice with him? that's not a positive, the quality of play in the NFL is a joke.

now,don't misread that... I am still an NFL fan and still want to see how he develops the next year or 2.

but when that many QBs look that good that early there is definitely something wrong with the quality of the game. Don't give me the crap about players or better and smarter now, that doesn't hold water and isn't valid.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
They said Kap was a "special" player in the offseason. Unfortunately, they were right.

:poke:

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inch or two away? Are you blind? Sherman had blanket coverage on Crabtree, not even Manning could have found a way to thread that in there.

Yes, Sherman just barely managed to get one hand on the ball. That throw could have just as easily ended in a touchdown and 9 times out of 10 isn't going to deflect right into the arms of a Seattle defender.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's been a lot of knee jerk overreaction over in 49er land and obviously there are a lot of Kaepernick critics, but the reality of the matter is this guy is 26 years old. It's pretty clear that this guy is no Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers or will ever be that caliber of a pocket passer...but he has a career quarterback rating over 90...a 31 to 11 touchdown to interception ratio...a 5-2 playoff record...and great raw physical abilities

I've been a Kaepernick hater since day one and I still don't like him. But what I saw in this last playoff game was that he played more composed. The first two games at the Clink, dude was completely rattled. He deserved all the nicknames given to him (Kaeptain Panic, Colon Keepandrun, etc). But this past match up, even though he made the mistakes down the stretch, overall he played with poise. Any semblance of a running game was taken out by the stout Seahawks run defense so basically everything was on the shoulders of Kaepernick.

And for a while he was really killing us with his legs. Then his legs opened up some passing lanes to convert on crucial third downs. Kaepernick was basically the player of the game right up until the fourth quarter. And yeah...3 turnovers...but how much of it was his blunder and how much of it were the Seahawks just making a great play.

I side more with the Seahawks making great plays (sherman interception and avril strip fumble). The interception to Kam though...that was just bad.

My point is though...while he may never become an elite passer...with the way the NFL is evolving and his abilities to make plays with his legs and his athleticism...he can still be very successful if he just continues to gain experience and improve

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Sherman just barely managed to get one hand on the ball. That throw could have just as easily ended in a touchdown and 9 times out of 10 isn't going to deflect right into the arms of a Seattle defender.

Watch the play slowly...Sherman is on him the entire time...the only reason why Sherman's body was in such an awkward position was because Crab sort of nudged/pushed him with his off hand as he was going up.

There's a reason why Sherman said he thought he was going to pick it off himself until he realized he couldn't so he decided to tip it to a teammate

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch the play slowly...Sherman is on him the entire time...the only reason why Sherman's body was in such an awkward position was because Crab sort of nudged/pushed him with his off hand as he was going up.

There's a reason why Sherman said he thought he was going to pick it off himself until he realized he couldn't so he decided to tip it to a teammate

Just watched it again. Sherman just barely got the one hand on the ball. It was far from a terrible decision to throw the pass. At worst that is normally incomplete.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched it again. Sherman just barely got the one hand on the ball. It was far from a terrible decision to throw the pass. At worst that is normally incomplete.

frame_ext.jpg

:L

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sorry, I forgot I was expecting Seattle fans to be reasonable. My mistake.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22yi8XZRdCk&t=0m32s]Richard Sherman's game saving defense against Michael Crabtree - YouTube[/ame]

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats unreasonable about tacomas post?

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reasonable? How am I unreasonable?

First of all look at the picture I posted. It hasn't been doctored.

Second, watch a video that wasn't shot on someone's TV set so you can actually see it. Both NFL.com and Seahawks.com have if you'd like.

There's really no point. The ball could have bounced off of Crabtree's helmet and you would still say Sherman wasn't close to missing it.