• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers will never win a Superbowl with Colon Keepandrun

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only person that thinks more highly of Kaep after this game than before it? I thought he was the reason his team had a legit shot at winning the game and he just came up inches short of doing so. He had absolutely no running game to lean on. I think any other qb in his situation would have looked much worse. He was going against the best secondary in the league with no running attack so of course he had turnovers when it became obvious what they were doing on each play down the stretch. If it wasnt for his legs adding a third dimension to their offense it would have been completely shut down. I'm not a big fan of the guy, but he played his ass off and made it a great game. Quit picking apart every little thing possible and enjoy the show.

Kap put the team on his shoulders the last 2 games

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
What a Rediculous thread.

Russel Wilson's last 5 games. 4 home 1 away.
@ NYG- 18-27, 206 yards, 1TD, 1 INT, 50 rushing yards
Vs ARI- 11-27, 108 yards, 1TD, 1 INT, 32 rushing yards
Vs STL- 15-23, 172 yards, 1TD, - 1 rushing yards
Vs NO- 9-18, 103 yards, 16 rushing yards
Vs SF- 16-25, 215 yards, 1TD, 0 rushing yards

Total- 69-120- 57.5%, 804 passing, 4TD, 2 INT, 97 rushing

Kap's last 5 games. 1 home 4 on the road
Vs ATL- 13-21, 197 yards, 1 TD, 51 rushing, 1 TD
@ ARI- 21-34, 310 yards, 2TD, 24 rushing
@ GB- 16-30, 227 yards, 1TD, 1 INT, 98 rushing
@ CAR- 16-28, 196 yards, 1TD, 15 rushing, 1TD
@ SEA- 14-24, 153 yards, 1TD, 2 INT, 130 rushing

Total- 79-137- 57.6%, 1,083 passing, 6TD, 3INT, 318 rushing, 2TD

if Kap can't win a SB, neither can Russel. See how dumb this is...

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman tips that pass up into the air for an incompletion and the whole conversation changes. Crab comes down with it and it similarly changes. I don't think it was a poor throw or choice.

Kaep's gonna be around for a while I'm thinking.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be happy when the SB is over cause then the seahawks will have a different team to bitch about how they were cheated out of yet another SB tittle ..

The official admitted he blew the game. That will never go away. End of argument.

I don't like this thread. The jury is still out on Kap. He made just as many great throws as he made bad throws.
I don't like the guy, but we could very easily have lost that game.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who woulda ever thought Joe Flacco would win one?

I think he's done well to get where he has so far.

germanjohn

Splendiferous Puddin' Pop
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think after his horrendous game against the Seahawks, 49ers fans realize this now as well.

Colon has all the natural ability in the world but can't seem to put it together, dude just can't go through more than one read without panicking and looking to run. He is not a quarterback, he is an athlete trying to throw the football.

Notice how once the Seahawks started spying a linebacker (with the exception of when he shook off K.J. Wright and ran for 50 yards), Kaep couldn't do shit on offense? Quite a few of his completions against the Seahawks were throws into coverage that the WR just made a great play on. He cannot generate offense without his legs and that can easily be adjusted for. Plus many hits can he take before he starts getting hurt?

If not for his poor decisions against the Seahawks, the 49ers win that game. I mean come on, throwing against Sherman when the coverage was good? That is an easy way to turn the ball over, not only is Sherman the best cover CB in the NFL, but he has the ball skills of a WR.

The Packers had 3 dropped interceptions, the Panthers also had at least one dropped interception that could have been easily returned for 6. He forces the ball and that is why I had so much confidence going into the NFC Championship.

The 49ers cannot be great unless Kaepernick learns how to play quarterback. Judging by the fact that he has been playing the position in the NFL for 3 years now, 4 years in college, presumably 4 years in HS and STILL struggles to go through his progressions effectively says to me that he will struggle to ever be competent throwing the football.

I gotta agree with you man. He's going to go the way of RG3. I know some real stupid people who think that the running QB is the way of the future for the NFL.

All too often we see these one-trick ponies get hot really quick and then fizzle out. Unfortunately, unless we see Kap start improving his shit, he'll be a nonfactor in 2 years.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta agree with you man. He's going to go the way of RG3. I know some real stupid people who think that the running QB is the way of the future for the NFL.

All too often we see these one-trick ponies get hot really quick and then fizzle out. Unfortunately, unless we see Kap start improving his shit, he'll be a nonfactor in 2 years.

I think your due for a cat scan.

Kap won the Panthers game with his team on his back .. and played his heart out against the Hawks.
He is the real deal.

Why do some of you rubes continue to think that because you don't like a guy ...he can't be a good player.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note: All the Seahawks fans agree (shocker) and fans of other teams disagree.

Never is a long time. He only has a year and a half under his belt, yes? Long ways to go in development yet. There's no possible way anyone can know what the future holds for this guy.

Dan Marino, for example, got there his rookie year and everyone thought he'd eventually get a ring. Nope. He never got back.

People said a dome team would never win a SB - then the Saints did it.

Hell, even Peyton Manning. Because of his tendency to choke in the playoffs, people said he'd never win a ring either. Then he did.

There's no proof of anything until there is.

How about we wait another decade or so before we even realistically approach this.

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angel, all Seahawks fans agree?

You really have a problem reading dont you?

Wedgie

Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry you stupid twat, this thread is about Kaepenick, and I brought up the rediculous statement you made about all Seahawk fans.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. I read this just fine, "Lynch will rush for 150 yards against the donks. Bank it".

And you'll be held accountable to that.

All this "answer for" or "held accountable" BS. Held accountable to you! You are nothing but a bitter angry message board poster. So many of your posts are so full of hate. You need some therapy.

Wedgie

Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. I read this just fine, "Lynch will rush for 150 yards against the donks. Bank it".

And you'll be held accountable to that.

You are being held accountable to a statement right NOW, you ignorant hermaphrodite.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think after his horrendous game against the Seahawks, 49ers fans realize this now as well.

Colon has all the natural ability in the world but can't seem to put it together, dude just can't go through more than one read without panicking and looking to run. He is not a quarterback, he is an athlete trying to throw the football.

Notice how once the Seahawks started spying a linebacker (with the exception of when he shook off K.J. Wright and ran for 50 yards), Kaep couldn't do shit on offense? Quite a few of his completions against the Seahawks were throws into coverage that the WR just made a great play on. He cannot generate offense without his legs and that can easily be adjusted for. Plus many hits can he take before he starts getting hurt?

If not for his poor decisions against the Seahawks, the 49ers win that game. I mean come on, throwing against Sherman when the coverage was good? That is an easy way to turn the ball over, not only is Sherman the best cover CB in the NFL, but he has the ball skills of a WR.

The Packers had 3 dropped interceptions, the Panthers also had at least one dropped interception that could have been easily returned for 6. He forces the ball and that is why I had so much confidence going into the NFC Championship.

The 49ers cannot be great unless Kaepernick learns how to play quarterback. Judging by the fact that he has been playing the position in the NFL for 3 years now, 4 years in college, presumably 4 years in HS and STILL struggles to go through his progressions effectively says to me that he will struggle to ever be competent throwing the football.

To your thread title...I agree. You're not going to win the SB with a QB that thinks run 1st.

To your point in bold...the 1st thing I see is a guy that played with his legs a lot in CFB but has an NFL arm...even going back to HS football, much like a M. Vick, he probably was the best athlete on the field for every game from HS until he was drafted...he was able to get by on athleticism the 1st time around the NFL, but that was always going to be shortlived...now, to survive in the league long term he's going to have to learn how play the QB position instead of being a playmaker...Learning...I think that process is longer for a QB that was equal or greater running the ball in college vs the guy that's always had to rely on his arm to move the ball.

I saw Vick become a much better player from the pocket in PHI, just couldn't stay healthy...Randal Cunningham was a much better pocket pass in MIN than he was in PHI so to say Kaep will forever be what he is...idk, it depends on coaching and how much does he want to get better.

If I were in SF I would like to see a QB drafted, but I fully expect Kaep to be the guy in SF next yr.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:Keepandrun

haven't heard one that funny since

Dunkonme Mutumbo

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol @ all the butthurt about me giving my opinion of Kaepernick.

I'm not trying to troll, I'm trying to have an honest discussion about Colin Kaepernick, but you all seem so god damn sensitive about the subject.

I believe he has an elite skill set, but will continue to struggle to put it all together. Did I say he was bad? No, I did not. The 49ers have possibly the best non-QB roster in the NFL and Kaepernick holds them back with his inability to go through his progressions. If he could learn to effectively read a defense, he could be one of the NFL's most dominant players, I just doubt the possibility of that occurring.

Instead of addressing any of my main points you all get defensive and say I'm "classless", please. If you would have actually read my post you would realize I never said anything negative about Kaepernick, just that I don't think he can take the next step.

I believe this puts the 49ers in a difficult position because Kaep still is a solid QB with good upside, he just can't seem to break through that barrier to become better. Now you can either have a serious discussion about it or you can sit back and look like sheep reading nothing more than the thread title and respond accordingly.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, what a stupid thread based upon a stupid assumption.

The fact that Kaepernick struggles to go through his progressions is a stupid assumption? You would have to have the football IQ of a rodent to not notice that he struggles with it. But hey, just continue to ignore my main points and keep looking ignorant.

Stupid is the exact word I was going to use, too. Kaepernick almost won the Super Bowl JUST LAST YEAR and his last pass was an inch or two away from leading his team past the Seahawks in Seattle to go to the Super Bowl for a second straight year. The Niners are obviously screwed with the guy.

Inch or two away? Are you blind? Sherman had blanket coverage on Crabtree, not even Manning could have found a way to thread that in there.

Wow ...such class from the Seattle fans.

Your going to the SB and what do you do? ...trash the team that gave you the game of your life and will continue to be a major threat to your success for years to come.

Good Lord.

Obviously you didn't read anything more than the title. It has nothing to do with me being a Seahawk fan, it is simply me being a football fan and commenting on Kaepernick's future.

I'll be happy when the SB is over cause then the seahawks will have a different team to bitch about how they were cheated out of yet another SB tittle ..

Please show me a post where a Seattle fan has bitched about the SB over the past 3 years. Nobody cares anymore, it is ancient history now.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you 234. That last play was a perfect example of him not being able to go through his reads.