• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers vs Rams: Game Thread

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, they need to really slow down and start running the ball

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kelly bench him. he cant throw.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wonder if the 49ers will use a sweep instead of the same two inside flex runs

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is getting ugly. Kelly doesnt trust Gabbert.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will take kap every day of te week. this is so bad. almost 3 Ints. get him out.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
back to back good throws. good job

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
credit to gabbert on that drive.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised as Gabbert is doing ok this game. Not sure if because the Rams are not even showing up on D, but he is playing well.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice 4th Q by gabbert

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice start to this season. Looks like Chip may have solved the time management issues.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final Grade:
QB- Gabbert- B- 4th Q really pushed his grade up. most of the night he couldnt throw the ball but out of no where he was making throws. 3rd Q was the worst QB performance throwing the ball i ever saw. before 4th Q i had him at a C-. No turn overs but rams should of had 3 picks. they dropped 3 right in their hands. Gabbert showed great awerness and ran the ball well.
RB- B+ great night for Hyde. He will be our work horse. I would of liked more catches but its k. fumble from droughs knocked it down to B level for me.
TE- C : had it had a D until vance showed up in the 4th.
Oline: A. great night from this unit going against a top Dline in the NFL. great running lanes and 0 sacks. T Brown shut down Quinn. impressive game for him.
WR: B : good night for the WR. Kerley is what this team needed. great pick up. Patton best game from him.
Dline: A: Great night from the Dline. Held one of the best RB to under 50 yards. They also added pressure to the QB.
OLB: B: good over all night for them.
MLB: A+: Both MLB's had an Int and both played a major factor in this shut out. talk about 2 good cover LB's. Bowman and Ray Ray might be a scary pair.
CB: A : shut down mode. Brock and Ward were outstanding.
Safety: A. great night by these guys. did not let up any big plays , great on run D and had a couple nice blitz.
Special Teams: B

Coaching: Kelly had a good game plan except for that 3rd Q but over did a good job. Game mangement was very good. Big time credit to our DC. great game plan.

1-0 and in 1st place im happy. i said from the start we would shock people. QB will hurt this team but overall we should be better then what people think. Big test this coming week.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think we'd roll the Rams into the dirt, so a bit surprised at that. It's a familiar feeling from last year when SF dusted the Vikings, only to be exposed in short notice. Now, they've got a road game against a pretty angry Panther team in their home opener, only to return to the west coast and go up to Seattle. It's certainly not out of the question that a similar fate awaits us when the Niners went to Pittsburgh and Arizona last year to get wiped out, but I do think we have a better team.

I liked what I saw from a schematic standpoint on both sides of the ball....especially defensively. Creative blitzes but still a lot of man coverage. I didn't think much of the Rams this year, but this wasn't just a game where they played bad....SF MADE them play bad. Gabbert was average at best, and put himself in positions where he could've easily been knocked out for a lengthy duration.

Still very hesitant about Kelly's up-tempo offense, but so far, I can't argue against the results. On to Carolina.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think we'd roll the Rams into the dirt, so a bit surprised at that. It's a familiar feeling from last year when SF dusted the Vikings, only to be exposed in short notice. Now, they've got a road game against a pretty angry Panther team in their home opener, only to return to the west coast and go up to Seattle. It's certainly not out of the question that a similar fate awaits us when the Niners went to Pittsburgh and Arizona last year to get wiped out, but I do think we have a better team.

I liked what I saw from a schematic standpoint on both sides of the ball....especially defensively. Creative blitzes but still a lot of man coverage. I didn't think much of the Rams this year, but this wasn't just a game where they played bad....SF MADE them play bad. Gabbert was average at best, and put himself in positions where he could've easily been knocked out for a lengthy duration.

Still very hesitant about Kelly's up-tempo offense, but so far, I can't argue against the results. On to Carolina.

I think most of us are realistic about next week's game. It will be a good measuring stick to see where this team has come from last year. I am hoping to at least see the team make it competitive unlike last year's game in Pitt where Rothlesburger looked like he was playing in scrimmage and the offense struggled.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just really impressed with our DC. I like what I saw and I hope we can at least keep it close this week.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cosell: More negatives than positives from Gabbert in Week 1

Cosell on Blaine Gabbert. Not a surprise. With a better oline now hopefully he begins to settle in
I agree with it. Gabbert was awful until the 4th. Like I said on my Grades I would gave him a D, C- grade but the 4th Q saved him. The guy really couldnt throw past 5 yards. He should of had 3 Ints but Rams dropped the ball. His running was great and overall he didnt throw an Int and didnt get sacked. He didnt help win this game he just didnt lose it. Defense and Hyde really won this game.

Thats why I will stick with my opinion of Kap being the better option unless Gabbert really turns it on. Kap is overall the better QB but Kelly knows he is also an headache and media attention around him could stir some things up and not keep the team focused.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is what it is and we will be stuck with Gabbert or Kap this year. Another report surfaced that Baalke wants Kap gone but Kelly wants to keep him because he thinks he can develop him. If Kelly really thinks this I think we might see Kap as the starter soon.

Thank god for a strong QB class this year.