• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers vs Hawks Week 17

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here it is. The big game that will determine the division tonight. On paper it looks like we are out Myhand and should lose 34 to 10 or something like that. But we all know in division games that anything can happen. I just hope one of those times is tonight when the Seahawks rally and find a way to win at home tonight to clinch the NFC West. I hope we don’t get blown out. Home-field advantage hasn’t been the strength to this team for the past few seasons. Not like it used to be. If we lose tonight we would be .500 at home for the season. But I’d rather see five and three just like you guys.

I’d rather play the Vikings at home but wouldn’t mind playing the Eagles away either with their injury woes as well.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here it is. The big game that will determine the division tonight. On paper it looks like we are out Myhand and should lose 34 to 10 or something like that. But we all know in division games that anything can happen. I just hope one of those times is tonight when the Seahawks rally and find a way to win at home tonight to clinch the NFC West. I hope we don’t get blown out. Home-field advantage hasn’t been the strength to this team for the past few seasons. Not like it used to be. If we lose tonight we would be .500 at home for the season. But I’d rather see five and three just like you guys.

I’d rather play the Vikings at home but wouldn’t mind playing the Eagles away either with their injury woes as well.

Yup today's the day. I know the Seahawks are the underdogs, but things don't always go the way it looks on paper. :hope:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leaving in about 45 minutes to commence tailgating activities. I don't have a bad feeling about the game, but clearly we'll need things to bounce our way with all the injuries. It will hurt not having Duane Brown again, it sounds like Clowney is gonna give it a go and Griffin back as well. Hopefully Diggs too, but I'm guessing that's a last minute call. However, SF doesn't come in with a totally clean bill of health either. They are missing a couple guys on the DL, and Sherm is battling some leg thing. They're also missing a starting safety and maybe the RG.

Still not sure what to expect from Lynch today. Smart money probably says "not much" but would be great if he could get 10 touches. Guessing the over/under on that is 5.5 or so. Could also be a factor with some pass pro help.

Go Hawks!! Go Lions!!

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice for our teams to be center stage for the last game of the decade.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put the game in wilsons hands and let him win it or lose it.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put the game in wilsons hands and let him win it or lose it.

Imagine having a coach who would emphasize the pass game more and who is more aggressive with the offense, including going for it on 4th down more often. Maybe Wilson would be even more of a terror to his opponents than he already is.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine having a coach who would emphasize the pass game more and who is more aggressive with the offense, including going for it on 4th down more often. Maybe Wilson would be even more of a terror to his opponents than he already is.

If we stick to running like we did against dallas last year in the playoffs, we will lose.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well no bye for us, losing today would likely give us an easier first round than winning. Really unfortunate we shit the bed so badly last week.

snoopgoofdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well no bye for us, losing today would likely give us an easier first round than winning. Really unfortunate we shit the bed so badly last week.
3rd seed with a win, 5th seed with a loss. Screw it, rest the starters and give Lynch & Turbin another week to acclimate.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
3rd seed with a win, 5th seed with a loss. Screw it, rest the starters and give Lynch & Turbin another week to acclimate.

Strategically it does make a certain amount of sense to take a loss though no team would obviously do it.

You could make the argument that it's better to treat week 17 as a preseason game, rest key starters, and give the 9ers nothing scheme wise. Play a weak Eagle/Cowboys team, than go through the 9ers, and than worry about the NFC championship when you get there.

Winning 3rd seed means you give the Saints a bye week, you play a Vikings team that's tougher than the Eagles/Cowboys, and than you'd have to play a Saints team coming off a bye in New Orleans. If I'm in the Seahawks shoes I'd rather play the 9ers at home off a bye than the Saints in New Orleans off their bye.

The only real advantage to the 3rd seed is you have at least a home game and maybe another one for the NFC Championship game if the 9ers or Cowboys/Eagles beat the Packers.

But out of all the teams in the playoffs the Saints are probably the worst for the Seahawks so at least being the 5th seed pushes the Saints to the 3rd seed and if you do see the Saints in the NFC Championship at least you'd at least be seeing them after they've had to play two games to get there.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what we know, we are playing next week

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far this year the Seahawks have lost 255 man games to injury. Yet here we are in week seventeen, double digit wins, already in the playoffs and one win away from winning our division. Outstanding job by our coaches and players keeping this all together. They always compete.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please do this! I don't care how injured the Seahawks are. Russell Wilson will find a way to beat us. Just rest him, please!

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, lets roll into the playoffs on a two game losing streak :L WTF
I guess some have forgotten the importance of the 3 seed.