• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers vs GB Post Game Thread:

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The way I see the penalty is this:

Kaep was hit LATE out of bounds up near the neck in a clothesline type tackle. Flag thrown for late hit.

Staley comes over and gets it Clay's face like he should. Clay throws two punches and staley goes after him. Flag thrown on staley, but another flag should have been thrown on Clay followed by his ejection.

So 2 personals on Clay, one on Staley. Two offset leaving one personal on clay. 1st and goal niners ball and Green Bays best defender gone from game.

And packed fans say they got screwed? You should have been with out your best defender for the rest of the game. And the offsetting shouldn't have mattered if the refs DID their job.

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Bouldin.

I hate our tackling: bad fundamentals, poor angles and uninspired hits. This needs to change before Seattle.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I see the penalty is this:

Kaep was hit LATE out of bounds up near the neck in a clothesline type tackle. Flag thrown for late hit.

Staley comes over and gets it Clay's face like he should. Clay throws two punches and staley goes after him. Flag thrown on staley, but another flag should have been thrown on Clay followed by his ejection.

So 2 personals on Clay, one on Staley. Two offset leaving one personal on clay. 1st and goal niners ball and Green Bays best defender gone from game.

And packed fans say they got screwed? You should have been with out your best defender for the rest of the game. And the offsetting shouldn't have mattered if the refs DID their job.

This is the way I see it as well. Staley and Matthews should have been flagged for the sideline scuffle which would have offset leaving the late hit.

I don't think late hits should be consider dead ball penalties anyway. It should have been a late hit half the distance to the goal, and then backed up 15 yards for the dead ball penalty on Staley in my opinion. Late hits to me are still during the process of the play only late, but their is a big difference between a late hit and a dead ball penalty.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yeah, the rest of this week is to get the run game going, getting the secondary to tackle better, and reduce all these penalties.

ie work on our weak stuff, not focus on the good stuff.

oh btw - good job by KW in fielding punts. make the good decision, catch it well, and secure it. any return yards is gravy.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did any significant injuries come out of this game, anybody?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One difference between Kaepernick and Seattle’s Russell Wilson is Wilson’s ability to scramble and then make a play. Kaepernick can scramble, but it typically doesn’t result in a big play. Kaepernick kept himself alive in the pocket for over 4 seconds in the second quarter four times, he threw two incompletions, ran for 4 yards and went out of bounds with the ball for a loss of 2 yards.

good point.

not complaining for this game, just something to take note this Sunday.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One difference between Kaepernick and Seattle’s Russell Wilson is Wilson’s ability to scramble and then make a play. Kaepernick can scramble, but it typically doesn’t result in a big play. Kaepernick kept himself alive in the pocket for over 4 seconds in the second quarter four times, he threw two incompletions, ran for 4 yards and went out of bounds with the ball for a loss of 2 yards.

good point.

not complaining for this game, just something to take note this Sunday.

Good point? Its unadulterated bovine excrement is what it is.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point? Its unadulterated bovine excrement is what it is.

What about the time the pocket collapsed and instead of scrambling for 5? He took of to run and hit boldin for 25? When the safety went after vd

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the time the pocket collapsed and instead of scrambling for 5? He took of to run and hit boldin for 25? When the safety went after vd

He does it all the time.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Just watched the game again.

Not trying to be negative, but what did you think of Ian Williams' performance? I wasn't all that impressed to be honest. He's a young player making his first start, but he's got to get better IMO. In fact, when Dorsey & Ian were on the same play, Dorsey was doubled & Ian gave up the A gap contain.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Another observation: I think Nnamdi is the Niners' best CB. Even on the plays he gave up receptions, he was usually good position. I hope the Niners hold on to him next season.

...and Boldin of course. The way he's playing, the Niners may need to franchise him. 10 million for a full season of Boldin & Crabtree? Pricey, but WOW the Niners would be a defensive coordinator's worst nightmare.