• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers vs GB Post Game Thread:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I take it to mean he's not really throwing to spots or throwing guys open. Rather, he has to see the guy come open before making the throw, he just has the arm strength to make that work better than most. There could certainly be some truth to that. Given that he's had minimal PT with his WR corps, and his TE despite being good isn't exactly Mr. Reliable in terms of running his routes the same way every time, I'd say it's pretty understandable at this point. It is an area for growth, but we're approaching this guy's 12th start here. Seems easy to forget that.

That's exactly it. Some QBs have that innate skill, others don't. Jameis Winston arleady excels at anticipating a player's route. Fast forward to :50 - Look at this throw he made, before the receiver made his cut and looked back for the ball. The ball was already out of his hands.

Kap, has a problem making anticipatory throws, but he often gets away with it due to his strong arm. There are times though I kind of wish he had thrown the ball sooner. For instance, during last week's game, he had Kyle Williams open on a go route. He needed to throw the ball a bit sooner by anticipating the speed of his receiver and trusting he has beat the DB already even though the DB seems like he was next to him. In reality the DB was trailing Williams already, but Kap failed to realize that. Instead he waited to make sure Kyle ran pass the corner before actually deciding to throw it to him. Had he thrown it sooner, Kyle would have had a nice long reception.

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
mahalo for the replies. ok, guess this refers to the timing part of passing skills?

Alex Smith had the same issue so you'd think Kaep wouldn't throw for a lot of yards? but the pass protect was so solid, he not only completed passes, but downfield passes.

now IF this is the case, you'd think Seattle will blitz and blitz some more? what do they call it....."run blitzes"?