• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers vs GB Post Game Thread:

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get over it. Its not the first time someone has been called for late hit. I don't see this "punch" you guys keep bringing up.

Be careful I was banned for a similar avatar. A pretty face seems to be on the wrong side of the line in this neck of the woods. :suds:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Another observation about week 1 is that the Packers are better than I thought they were going to be. I think the addition of their drug-dealing D-lineman made their run D pretty formidable again. Their pass D wasn't quite so good though. I think they keyed on the run and forced the Niners to win with the passing game (actually a good strategy), but regardless they played better than I thought they would.

With 2 turnovers, playing at home and no Bulaga, Jennings & the rest of the players they lost, this game was way too close IMO. Glad the Niners won, but I wouldn't want to face those guys again. They might even be better than the Seahawks.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the game again.

Not trying to be negative, but what did you think of Ian Williams' performance? I wasn't all that impressed to be honest. He's a young player making his first start, but he's got to get better IMO. In fact, when Dorsey & Ian were on the same play, Dorsey was doubled & Ian gave up the A gap contain.

I was concerned but he only played 8 snaps for the game. It's hard to get going when you're getting limited reps. I'll give him a few more weeks to cut him some slack before I make a verdict, similar to KW he didn't look very impressive to me.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG. I've never seen so much whining in my life. You can't say that play cost the packers the game. It doesn't work that way.

Don't worry, I agree. Clay had a chance to just leave it forcing Kaep out of bounds. As far as hits go...it wasn't much. And his comments before the game are nothing new to football. Hell even coaches say it. When he says "hit" he doesn't mean cheapshot. Nevertheless, Staley didn't do anything terrible. He grabbed Clay, Clay fought free. Refs should have broken it up and left it at that. 49ers scored while Clay watched humbly from the sideline.

Good game 49er fans.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And fyi, at full speed I thought Clay made a good move going airborne the way he did. It isn't like Kaep has never stiff armed someone and tightroped the sideline before. Kaep is a stud and Clay knows it. Kaep reacted by going out of bounds and I think Clay just couldn't let it go. It was a mistake but it isn't like he threw a cheapshot. Hate to see our rivalry spoiled by stuff that wasn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I hope the Pack can improve for the next showdown.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Kaep was clearly out of bounds when he hit him. He took his arm to kaePs throat head region out of bounds. It was dirty.

Excel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO... Wow. Yea. You guys are deluded.

<insert common pot meat kettle comment>
49ers are going to see it in the best possible light for the 9ers
Green Bay fans are going to see it in the best possible light for the Packers
Thats just the way it goes, but you might want to remember where it is you are posting.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You lower your shoulder to make sure he goes out of bounds not launch into a flying clothesline not to mention Kaep had one foot out when Clay went wwf. And if you believe Kaep could have stiff armed Clay from lowering his shoulder you are deluded. Clay leads with his shoulder it may not be a penalty. Instead he went for the flying clothesline sports enter highlight hit. And yes if Aldon or p Willie had done the same to Rodgers I'd call it just as dirty.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another observation: I think Nnamdi is the Niners' best CB. Even on the plays he gave up receptions, he was usually good position. I hope the Niners hold on to him next season.

...and Boldin of course. The way he's playing, the Niners may need to franchise him. 10 million for a full season of Boldin & Crabtree? Pricey, but WOW the Niners would be a defensive coordinator's worst nightmare.

I think its Brown but all three guys are serviceable.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/09/09/refo-gb-sf-week-1/

Some highlights:

Aldon is Back

After a slow finish to last season due to injuries, both his own and teammate Justin Smith’s, Aldon Smith looked like his old self Sunday as he picked up two sacks, two hits, and four hurries on his 39 pass rushes. His overall +2.0 was marred by two offsides penalties, but the +4.0 pass rush grade is what the 49ers are hoping for each week. Both sacks came against rookie left tackle David Bakhtiari, first shrugging off a cut block early in the first quarter before beating Bakhtiari off the edge with 13:44 to go in the fourth quarter. Smith then went into closer mode as he made his presence felt on Green Bay’s last two plays of the game. He just missed getting to Rodgers with 26 seconds to go and then sealed the deal by beating RT Don Barclay off the edge and taking Rodgers to the ground on the last play of the game. The 49ers were certainly pleased to have the Smiths back and healthy for Week 1.

Coverage Woes

It wasn’t a great day for 49ers cornerbacks as Asomugha (-1.3) and Carlos Rogers (-0.9) both graded negatively in coverage. Asomugha had trouble keeping up with Nelson and his missed tackle on 3rd-and-15 at the end of the first half was a game-changer. Rogers was charged with covering WR Randall Cobb in the slot and gave up receptions on all four of their targets for 79 yards and a touchdown. Perhaps the numbers look unfair due to a late catch on the Packers’ desperate last drive, but it was the short receptions that had a bigger effect on the game. Rogers lost track of Cobb on a crossing route with 11:40 to go in the first quarter and later was unable to keep Cobb out of the end zone on a quick out at the 1:11 mark. He also got sucked inside on a screen pass to running back Eddie Lacy, leading to a 31-yard gain. Things got better as the game progressed but the cornerbacks were not the strength of the San Francisco defense on Sunday.

- Kaepernick under pressure: 2-for-7 for 39 yards and a 50.3 QB Rating. In a clean pocket: 25-for-32 for 373 yards, three touchdowns and a QB Rating of 146.5.

- As is usually the case for them, the 49ers’ top 11 defensive players played at least 52 of the 63 snaps.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
- As is usually the case for them, the 49ers’ top 11 defensive players played at least 52 of the 63 snaps.

beats 63 of 63

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
excerpt regarding Kaepernick, by someone who reviewed the film........

“He definitely has improved as a passer,” one division scout said after reviewing the Packers game. “This year he’s using his legs to buy himself time and extend plays versus always pulling it down to run. He’s still not very anticipatory, but because he has such a strong arm he can fit it in tight windows. (But he has) much improved touch. He has developed a change-up versus throwing fastballs all the time.”

what does this mean?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
excerpt regarding Kaepernick, by someone who reviewed the film........

“He definitely has improved as a passer,” one division scout said after reviewing the Packers game. “This year he’s using his legs to buy himself time and extend plays versus always pulling it down to run. He’s still not very anticipatory, but because he has such a strong arm he can fit it in tight windows. (But he has) much improved touch. He has developed a change-up versus throwing fastballs all the time.”

what does this mean?

I take it to mean he's not really throwing to spots or throwing guys open. Rather, he has to see the guy come open before making the throw, he just has the arm strength to make that work better than most. There could certainly be some truth to that. Given that he's had minimal PT with his WR corps, and his TE despite being good isn't exactly Mr. Reliable in terms of running his routes the same way every time, I'd say it's pretty understandable at this point. It is an area for growth, but we're approaching this guy's 12th start here. Seems easy to forget that.