• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers vs Atlanta

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next Sunday will give us a better indication of how things are.

For the most part, defense played well today. Nice if they can step it up against Seattle's offense. That rookie Lockette is for real, Russell Wilson is an escape artist, and Beast Mode is.... beast mode.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next Sunday will give us a better indication of how things are.

Two Sundays from now, but yeah, we'll get to see what decisions Gabbert makes against a serious pass rush and if he can fit in throws over a great LB crew and against a great secondary. It will be interesting.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the most part, defense played well today. Nice if they can step it up against Seattle's offense. That rookie Lockette is for real, Russell Wilson is an escape artist, and Beast Mode is.... beast mode.

Yea, their offense has not been that good this year. Lockett is a dangerous player. That Thursday game our D was really sloppy tackling. But overall, it has been our offense and Kap that has been impotent against the them. We'll see if Gabbert is able to generate anything.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two Sundays from now, but yeah, we'll get to see what decisions Gabbert makes against a serious pass rush and if he can fit in throws over a great LB crew and against a great secondary. It will be interesting.

Exactly. After that game we will have a better idea of where things are.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props to the D for playing good. Take away 1 deep play to end the half and the D played great. It was nice to see Bowman look like a beast again. Maybe he is starting to get healthy. Lynch was awesome before getting hurt. I :clap: Gabbert for the 1st half. Made some nice throws and good reads. I was not happy with the 2nd half. He started to make poor throws.

Bye week and then on to Seattle. That game will tell if we stay with Gabbert or just go back to Kap.
LOL!

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. After that game we will have a better idea of where things are.
We already do. We now can use the Tight End again and make the defense defend the middle of the field. Kapernick's abject fear of the middle of the field made the 49ers too easy to defend.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely earned a second start. Let's see if he can solidify his position by doing well against Seattle. Heck, if he does well against Seattle, St. Louis, and Arizona, maybe we aren't even thinking about drafting a QB of the future since we would have one in Gabbert already.
He won't; not in Seattle. He doesn't have any weapons. It should be ugly but at least we have some chance to win as opposed to no chance.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, going for it there is probably the higher percentage play. You were right to be happy. The Falcons did us a huge favor by settling for a FG.
They forgot that we didn't have Kaepernick and his "three and out" offense in there. With Kaepernick it was a smart play; you get the ball back three plays later and only need a FG to win. With any other QB its not so smart

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tartt looked really good today. Forgot to mention him. I like his physical play and big hits. If he continues to get better the team can move on from Bethea next year
Im excited about this kid. I been saying this for awhile. Bethea is 100% out. Tarrt will be our new starter. Hard and smart hitter.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not comparing quarterbacks. I'm more concerned about the one playing. I already said Gabbert should get the next start.
I agree he deserves the next start but this start doesn't do much for me. Seattle is the bench mark. If he looks ok to good then he should start the rest of the year. 1 thing I will point out and I said it before the game that I don't think he will last. I see him getting hurt. that is 1 good thing about Kap he didn't take many hard hits. Gabbert got whacked a couple times yesterday. Tough kid I give him credit.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he deserves the next start but this start doesn't do much for me. Seattle is the bench mark. If he looks ok to good then he should start the rest of the year. 1 thing I will point out and I said it before the game that I don't think he will last. I see him getting hurt. that is 1 good thing about Kap he didn't take many hard hits. Gabbert got whacked a couple times yesterday. Tough kid I give him credit.

Yesterday's game didn't do it for me. Atlanta's defense didn't know how to prepare for SF's offense. However, made the necessary adjustments to shut out the offense in the second half. That's something Seattle can learn from. Throwing two TDs earns the next start, but I can't forget the second interception. I don't want to be critical on Gabbert, but I've come to terms that he may be our guy for the rest of the season. Love it or hate it, the injury clause on Kaep's contract will keep him on the bench.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick - No touchdowns in the last 10 quarters.

Gabbert - Two TD passes in one quarter.

They forgot that we didn't have Kaepernick and his "three and out" offense in there. With Kaepernick it was a smart play; you get the ball back three plays later and only need a FG to win. With any other QB its not so smart

He won't; not in Seattle. He doesn't have any weapons. It should be ugly but at least we have some chance to win as opposed to no chance.

Passing

Baltimore - 16/27 340 Yds 2tds
Ny Giants - 23/35 262 Yds 2tds
Atlanta - 15/25 185 2 Tds

Atlanta's defense is on par with Baltimore and the Ny Giants and it is nothing like Seattles or the Rams at home which are among the best, so all this gushing about Gabbert is a bit premature. We wlll see what happens this week in Seattle.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday's game didn't do it for me. Atlanta's defense didn't know how to prepare for SF's offense. However, made the necessary adjustments to shut out the offense in the second half. That's something Seattle can learn from. Throwing two TDs earns the next start, but I can't forget the second interception. I don't want to be critical on Gabbert, but I've come to terms that he may be our guy for the rest of the season. Love it or hate it, the injury clause on Kaep's contract will keep him on the bench.

Some common sense. I hope Gabbert does well because I want to see the team does well and he deserves kudos for what he did well, but the some of the stuff I am reading and hearing today borders on the ridiculous. Atlanta's pass D is almost as bad as the Ravens and Giants and I elieve they were missing at least one of their best corners yesterday. If Gabbert is able to generate anything against Seattle next week that will be another story

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Passing

Atlanta's defense is on par with Baltimore and the Ny Giants and it is nothing like Seattles or the Rams at home which are among the best, so all this gushing about Gabbert is a bit premature. We wlll see what happens this week in Seattle.
Winner Winner chicken Dinner. I agree 100%. That's why im waiting for the Seattle game. Then I will have a real opinion.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Passing

Atlanta adjusted. Shut out in the second half. Yes, premature.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winner Winner chicken Dinner. I agree 100%. That's why im waiting for the Seattle game. Then I will have a real opinion.

This reminds me of the whole Alex Smith/Troy Smith affair. Some people were putting 100% blame on Alex Smith for the Singletary years and when Troy Smith had his one 400 yard passing game the same people were coming out and saying the team would have been great if only Alex Smith wasn't playing. We'll see this week how the offense responds against one of the best defenses.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some common sense. I hope Gabbert does well because I want to see the team does well and he deserves kudos for what he did well, but the some of the stuff I am reading and hearing today borders on the ridiculous. Atlanta's pass D is almost as bad as the Ravens and Giants and I elieve they were missing at least one of their best corners yesterday. If Gabbert is able to generate anything against Seattle next week that will be another story

I'm still trying to figure out if our offense line improved or if Atlanta's pass rush just sucks. Even Kaep had time to throw a good pass.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still trying to figure out if our offense line improved or if Atlanta's pass rush just sucks. Even Kaep had time to throw a good pass.

Atlanta was 31st in sacks. What does that tell you?