• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers vs Atlanta

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L Doh! I got excited and thought there was improvement on our line. LOL.

The oline played better yesterday and against the Ravens and NY Giants because those defenses aren''t good. When they have to block against good front lines line the Rams or Seattle who has players like Avril and Bennett they get blown up.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Passing

Baltimore - 16/27 340 Yds 2tds
Ny Giants - 23/35 262 Yds 2tds
Atlanta - 15/25 185 2 Tds

Atlanta's defense is on par with Baltimore and the Ny Giants and it is nothing like Seattles or the Rams at home which are among the best, so all this gushing about Gabbert is a bit premature. We wlll see what happens this week in Seattle.

Exactly what I've been saying. The first part of the problem, getting rid of Kaepernick, is done. Now we need to see who can take his place. For now, by default, its Gabbert who at least looks like he has a clue back there..

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can tell the pro-Kaep peeps are simply trying to line Gabbert up for certain failure just to say 'I told yah so.'

The Seattle game is the benchmark? In Seattle no less...arguably the hardest place to play for a quarterback? Why? Most everyone with a shred of intelligence knows that Gabbert is not the answer, and that he will probably crash and burn in two weeks.

The funny thing is, what did Kaepernick do against Seattle a couple of weeks ago...in SF? He mustered up a total of 3 points. 8 first downs. More punts than first downs. 1 of 11 on 3rd down. It wasn't much better last year against Seattle (in SF when they got a total of 3 points and York exploded on twitter) Were you guys calling for Kaep to ride the pine then? Now...it all rides on one game...IN Seattle?

How about the report that there were TEAMMATES calling for his benching? You know? The people who are actually working with the guy on a daily basis? Do you think they are going up to Blaine and telling him he better go for 300 yards and 3 TD's against the Seahawks or we're calling for Frank Slade?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can tell the pro-Kaep peeps are simply trying to line Gabbert up for certain failure just to say 'I told yah so.'

The Seattle game is the benchmark? In Seattle no less...arguably the hardest place to play for a quarterback? Why? Most everyone with a shred of intelligence knows that Gabbert is not the answer, and that he will probably crash and burn in two weeks.

The funny thing is, what did Kaepernick do against Seattle a couple of weeks ago...in SF? He mustered up a total of 3 points. 8 first downs. More punts than first downs. 1 of 11 on 3rd down. It wasn't much better last year against Seattle (in SF when they got a total of 3 points and York exploded on twitter) Were you guys calling for Kaep to ride the pine then? Now...it all rides on one game...IN Seattle?

How about the report that there were TEAMMATES calling for his benching? You know? The people who are actually working with the guy on a daily basis? Do you think they are going up to Blaine and telling him he better go for 300 yards and 3 TD's against the Seahawks or we're calling for Frank Slade?
Not sure who you are referring to. I've mentioned that Kap has played horribly against Seattle and doesn't need to beat Seattle. No one is expecting him to beat seattle or that he has to. I don't see anyone here setting up gabbert to fail. You might be saying Gabbert is not the answer but there is alot of ridiculousness out there today. One guy was making Joe Montana comparisons.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People have inconsistent expectations for our quarterbacks. When Kaep blew up Baltimore, it was because he's the savior. After each terrible game of his, it was because of the offensive line. If Kaep had played the game that Gabbert did, the Kaepologists reactions would be much different.

Just watch them play. Gabbert, while no Joe Montana, is simply a better quarterback than Kaepernick. Gabbert is better at looking down the field when he gets flushed out. He knows where his hot reads are. He's more accurate. And he doesn't miss wide open receivers when the defense forgets to cover them. He even looks faster than Kaep when he decides to run. There is absolutely nothing that Kaepernick does that's better than Gabbert. Nothing.

Again, this is not idolizing Gabbert. It's showing just how terrible Kaepernick was. Look at the pathetic mess that Kaep put up against Seattle and I can all but guarantee that Gabbert does better than that. Whether he's the quarterback of our future is still up for debate. But he's better than the steaming pile of shit that we just had behind center.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gabbert plays one game against a crappy defense and all of a sudden he is better at everything. He had a nice game and hats off to him. I'll reserve judgement till he plays a few more games.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. That's exactly how bad Kaepernick has been this year.

Gabbert proved that he's better than a steaming pile of shit. Not saying much. But hey, it's better than Kaepernick in every single way.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't take rocket science to see that Gabbert is better than this:

Here Is The Most Wide-Open NFL Wide Receiver Ever

Not to mention that Kaepernick was leading the league's worst offensive attack, not only this year, but out of the last several years. Yes, Gabbert is better than that. And again, that's not saying much.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When our offense does better than 3 points against Seattle, I wonder if Kaepologists will finally admit that Gabbert is better.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love that anyone who doesn't come onto this board and bitch about Kaepernick 24/7, or suggests that there are other issues with the team is some sort of Kap apologist. Then we are haters if we don't worship Blaine Gabbert after one game, This reminds me of the Alex Smith years over at ESPN.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should we be shocked if Gabbert is better? He was a more highly rated prospect out of college. He was forced to start for a god awful Jags team and despite that won some games for them. It could be the 2 year break to refocus was all he needed to live up to his draft status. I mean Rodgers was not great right away.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love that anyone who doesn't come onto this board and bitch about Kaepernick 24/7, or suggests that there are other issues with the team is some sort of Kap apologist. Then we are haters if we don't worship Blaine Gabbert after one game, This reminds me of the Alex Smith years over at ESPN.

Gotta also love that the ones who talk about Kap the most are the non-Kap apologists. Kap's the second string QB now. People need to let it go. It will be interesting to see how much hate Kap can still generate from the second string QB position. LOL.

I'm excited to see how we do against Seattle. Hopefully, it's not a bore like previous games against Seattle. Gabbert is probably not the QB of the future, but who knows. Just gotta take it one game at a time. If he plays well the rest of the season, and especially if he does well against tough division foes with stout defenses (pretty much every other team in our division, unfortunately), then maybe we've got our guy and we don't have to worry about looking for another QB, but again, one game at a time.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should we be shocked if Gabbert is better? He was a more highly rated prospect out of college. He was forced to start for a god awful Jags team and despite that won some games for them. It could be the 2 year break to refocus was all he needed to live up to his draft status. I mean Rodgers was not great right away.

He did poorly in Jacksonville, so people aren't expecting much, but we shall see. These guys are all pro athletes. They're not mere mortals like you or me, and they pretty much all have the potential to be successful.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't take rocket science to see that Gabbert is better than this:

Here Is The Most Wide-Open NFL Wide Receiver Ever

Not to mention that Kaepernick was leading the league's worst offensive attack, not only this year, but out of the last several years. Yes, Gabbert is better than that. And again, that's not saying much.

Why are you making stuff up? We are currently ranked as the worst offense this season, but this is not true for the last several years.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you making stuff up? We are currently ranked as the worst offense this season, but this is not true for the last several years.

The purpose of offense is to score points. The 49ers currently rank dead last at 14 points per game.

In 2014, the Jaguars ranked last at 15.6 points per game.
In 2013, the Jaguars ranked last at 15.4 points per game.
In 2012, the Chiefs ranked last at 13.2 points per game.

I'm not making anything up. We have the worst offense the league has seen since the 2012 Chiefs.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The purpose of offense is to score points. The 49ers currently rank dead last at 14 points per game.

In 2014, the Jaguars ranked last at 15.6 points per game.
In 2013, the Jaguars ranked last at 15.4 points per game.
In 2012, the Chiefs ranked last at 13.2 points per game.

I'm not making anything up. We have the worst offense the league has seen since the 2012 Chiefs.

Then I misunderstood the point you were trying to make. I thought you meant that the Niners were the worst in each of the last few years as well. But what of it anyway? We are stinking it up on offense this season, no doubt. I don't care that we are scoring 1.6 points less per game than last year's Jags or 0.8 points more per game than the 2012 Chiefs.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then I misunderstood the point you were trying to make. I thought you meant that the Niners were the worst in each of the last few years as well. But what of it anyway? We are stinking it up on offense this season, no doubt. I don't care that we are scoring 1.6 points less per game than last year's Jags or 0.8 points more per game than the 2012 Chiefs.

The point was used to show just how bad our offense is? I don't care if you care about that point. I'm just explaining it to you so that you don't think I'm making things up.