• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers vs Atlanta

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting how well the secondary played with Cromartie and Johnson. Wonder if there is something there or just a one week fluke? Doubt they start again seeing how long it took to make changes on the oline. Plus its not as if Acker and Brock have played poorly

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be saying Gabbert is not the answer but there is alot of ridiculousness out there today. One guy was making Joe Montana comparisons.

I think for most sane people, they can just step back and figure it out pretty quickly just who exactly Blaine Gabbert is. If people think he's the saviour or our 'from out of nowhere Tom Brady' well....they are gonna be sorely disappointed. If people even think he's a legit 10 year starter in the league.....I think they'll also be in for a letdown.

He's a temporary stop gap until we find a guy who we truly believe in. That's it. He really is nothing more. The Seattle game is completely irrelevant when it comes to the quarterback position, given what we have on the roster.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think for most sane people, they can just step back and figure it out pretty quickly just who exactly Blaine Gabbert is. If people think he's the saviour or our 'from out of nowhere Tom Brady' well....they are gonna be sorely disappointed. If people even think he's a legit 10 year starter in the league.....I think they'll also be in for a letdown.

He's a temporary stop gap until we find a guy who we truly believe in. That's it. He really is nothing more. The Seattle game is completely irrelevant when it comes to the quarterback position, given what we have on the roster.

I have no expectations either way. If he plays better than expected and becomes something much better than what we saw in Jacksonville great. I won't rule it out. Just need to see more. This team still has issues that will make his job much more difficult, which will show up against better defenses like Seattle,

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson has a lot of potential. 6'2 runs a 4.45 40. He is big and fast. He was a safety in college so it might take him a little longer to grow. I think we are starting to see the improvement.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tarrt is going to be a beast and wouldn't shock me if he is the starter next year for Bethea or for Reid. Not going to lie I would like to see Tartt and Ward as our starting Safety's next year. Cut Bethea and save money and then trade Reid.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tarrt is going to be a beast and wouldn't shock me if he is the starter next year for Bethea or for Reid. Not going to lie I would like to see Tartt and Ward as our starting Safety's next year. Cut Bethea and save money and then trade Reid.

I want to see Reid back. If Tartt contines to play well I think we should move on from Bethea though

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sf.png
San Francisco 49ers
Great start: Jaquiski Tartt has quietly been arguably the best rookie safety in the league. Tartt has some cover ability, and he is not shy coming downhill and wrapping up. They have to be thrilled with him. And don't forget that Bradley Pinion has been good. Moving Andy Lee hasn't hurt them.
What we'll learn: Arik Armstead is seeing more snaps at this point, but he's still a fringe rotation player. And while he came in as a raw prospect, you hope to see more in the second half.

I don't follow the draft picks but that is something if its true about Tartt. Has Pinion been that good? I don't think so.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 51275
San Francisco 49ers
Great start: Jaquiski Tartt has quietly been arguably the best rookie safety in the league. Tartt has some cover ability, and he is not shy coming downhill and wrapping up. They have to be thrilled with him. And don't forget that Bradley Pinion has been good. Moving Andy Lee hasn't hurt them.
What we'll learn: Arik Armstead is seeing more snaps at this point, but he's still a fringe rotation player. And while he came in as a raw prospect, you hope to see more in the second half.

I don't follow the draft picks but that is something if its true about Tartt. Has Pinion been that good? I don't think so.

I think Pinion has been excellent with his kickoffs, but he has been inconsistent with his punting. With the high number of three and outs from the offense, he's had enough opportunities to get better. I do like what I see from Tartt. If he continues to develop, then Bethea becomes expendable. I would keep Reid because he's young and hope that his play improves.