• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers vs Atlanta

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point was used to show just how bad our offense is? I don't care if you care about that point. I'm just explaining it to you so that you don't think I'm making things up.

I just fail to see the big difference between the worst offensive teams in each of the last four seasons that makes the 2015 Niners particularly noteworthy compared to the 2012 Chiefs and the 2013 and 2014 Jags.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just fail to see the big difference between the worst offensive teams in each of the last four seasons that makes the 2015 Niners particularly noteworthy compared to the 2012 Chiefs and the 2013 and 2014 Jags.

I'm not sure what your difficulty with this is. It's simply a fact. The reason I pointed out the fact was to give an example of how bad our offense is. The reason I explained this fact to you is because you said I was making things up, which I clearly am not.

It's a fact. It's easy to interpret. Whether you see the importance of that fact is on you. But it's still a fact.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of pages discussing the offense. I feel like we're ignoring the defense who did a great job Sunday.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what your difficulty with this is. It's simply a fact. The reason I pointed out the fact was to give an example of how bad our offense is. The reason I explained this fact to you is because you said I was making things up, which I clearly am not.

It's a fact. It's easy to interpret. Whether you see the importance of that fact is on you. But it's still a fact.

You're not even staying true to the facts that you stated. You said that we had the "worst offensive attack not only this year, but out of the last several years", but then you stated that the 2012 Chiefs averaged 13.2 points/game, while we are averaging 14 points/game this season.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not even staying true to the facts that you stated. You said that we had the "worst offensive attack not only this year, but out of the last several years", but then you stated that the 2012 Chiefs averaged 13.2 points/game, while we are averaging 14 points/game this season.

How so? Our offense this year is the worst in the league since the 2012 Chiefs. That's exactly what I'm saying.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of pages discussing the offense. I feel like we're ignoring the defense who did a great job Sunday.

Yes, the defense had a big task as Atlanta has a really good pass offense this year with stars like Freeman. With the starting CBs out, I thought we would just get outscored like the Giants game, but the defense played well getting pressure on Ryan. Donate Johnson and Cromartie played really well. I liked the physical play of the corners and Tartt is starting to look like he could be for real. Mangini deserves a lot of credit this week for the game plan.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to how our defense responds to Seattle. Mangini has some tape to work with from our last loss. Clean tackles and not allowing the big play. Tall order but can be done.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to how our defense responds to Seattle. Mangini has some tape to work with from our last loss. Clean tackles and not allowing the big play. Tall order but can be done.

Seahawks' offense is not clicking on all cylinders, but Wilson's ability to extend plays is what scares me. If the front seven can win the battle and limit Lynch, the game should be competitive. Hopefully the Oline can give Gabbert some time in the pocket. I expect quick throws (slants) or maybe even a couple of screens just to slow down the pass rush.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks' offense is not clicking on all cylinders, but Wilson's ability to extend plays is what scares me. If the front seven can win the battle and limit Lynch, the game should be competitive. Hopefully the Oline can give Gabbert some time in the pocket. I expect quick throws (slants) or maybe even a couple of screens just to slow down the pass rush.

Tackling looked good last weekend. Pass rush looked good. Secondary covered pretty well against a pretty threatening pass offense. Feeling pretty good about the defense going into Seattle. Gabbert looks like he nailed down his quarterback fundamentals during his time off the field. It will be interesting. Different from the previous SF Seattle games.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tackling looked good last weekend. Pass rush looked good. Secondary covered pretty well against a pretty threatening pass offense. Feeling pretty good about the defense going into Seattle. Gabbert looks like he nailed down his quarterback fundamentals during his time off the field. It will be interesting. Different from the previous SF Seattle games.

Defense really played well last week. It seems as though Gabbert was decisive on his throws and when to run for yards. His fundamentals are certainly better than Kap. He doesn't throw from his back foot or his feet parallel to the line of scrimmage. It really bothered me when Kap stated that he doesn't worry too much about mechanics. Even Warner, who worked with Kap during the summer shooked his head when he was asked about Kap's regression.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How so? Our offense this year is the worst in the league since the 2012 Chiefs. That's exactly what I'm saying.

When you said several, I thought you meant more than three, but I see what you're saying now.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers have two weeks to prepare for the next game. Stinks that we have to wait another week, but I will be rooting for Arizona to win this week

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense really played well last week. It seems as though Gabbert was decisive on his throws and when to run for yards. His fundamentals are certainly better than Kap. He doesn't throw from his back foot or his feet parallel to the line of scrimmage. It really bothered me when Kap stated that he doesn't worry too much about mechanics. Even Warner, who worked with Kap during the summer shooked his head when he was asked about Kap's regression.

I'm guessing you read the ESPN article on Dalton, Newton, and Kaep. I don't think about Kaep at this point. Unless something catastrophic happens to Gabbert, Kaep won't take another snap as a 49er again. As for Gabbert, I felt pretty good about him until the 2nd half. Whatever adjustment Atlanta made, shut out the offense. It's fair to say anything Atlanta's defense could do, Seattle's defense can do better. So, I'm a bit worried. But you're right, quick slants and screens may be enough to slow down the pass rush.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers have two weeks to prepare for the next game. Stinks that we have to wait another week, but I will be rooting for Arizona to win this week

For this week, I'd rather have Seattle win. May be bad for SF to face a pissed off Seattle team coming off a loss.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing you read the ESPN article on Dalton, Newton, and Kaep. I don't think about Kaep at this point. Unless something catastrophic happens to Gabbert, Kaep won't take another snap as a 49er again. As for Gabbert, I felt pretty good about him until the 2nd half. Whatever adjustment Atlanta made, shut out the offense. It's fair to say anything Atlanta's defense could do, Seattle's defense can do better. So, I'm a bit worried. But you're right, quick slants and screens may be enough to slow down the pass rush.

I think that helps to a certain point. The problem is when you play a really good defense like Seattle's with that secondary, they will start crowding the LOS and take the quick underneath stuff away. They did that against Denver in the Super Bowl. You have to be able to drop back and take strikes down the field.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For this week, I'd rather have Seattle win. May be bad for SF to face a pissed off Seattle team coming off a loss.

I would rather see Arizona win the division and advance in the playoffs. Regardless of how POd they are, the 49ers just have to execute.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whats funny is if some how we can win the next 2 games we would actually be in the playoff race. That's how even all these teams are this year.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whats funny is if some how we can win the next 2 games we would actually be in the playoff race. That's how even all these teams are this year.

At .500, Seattle and St Louis are pretty streaky. Just thinking of playoff contention makes our division rival games this week way more interesting.