• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers vs Atlanta

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on the win. I'm still not a Gabbert fan. Maybe the team played harder for him. Maybe the Falcons under performed. Maybe...whatever! Winning is the main thing. :thumb:

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am. I knew most of those sacks were on Kaepernick and not the line because he cannot read or anticipate so he holds the ball and gets sacked. Gabbert also ran better than kapernick has been running.

That's cool. Keep comparing. I can't obsess over an overpriced bench warmer. Kaep is irrelevant at this point. Let's go Gabbert!

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on the win. I'm still not a Gabbert fan. Maybe the team played harder for him. Maybe the Falcons under performed. Maybe...whatever! Winning is the main thing. :thumb:

Thanks man. I'll take that win. I'm bummed the Rams lost. If SF can't win the division, I hope SL does.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe Kaepernick is the problem.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really impressed with the defense. I thought Matt Ryan and Julio Jones would have their way with the secondary. The backups and new guys really stepped up. It was nice to see the offense move the ball and score. I can't figure out whether our offensive line improved or Atlanta's pass rush just sucks. I was totally sold on Gabbert until the second pick. Definitely start Gabbert against Seattle. They already know how to beat Kaep and there's less game tape on Gabbert.

He definitely earned a second start. Let's see if he can solidify his position by doing well against Seattle. Heck, if he does well against Seattle, St. Louis, and Arizona, maybe we aren't even thinking about drafting a QB of the future since we would have one in Gabbert already.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 49894
Maybe not having Kilgore, Boone, Davis, and Boldin after losing Gore, Iuputi, and Crabtree is the problem. :noidea:
Listening on KNBR tonight I think we are in the silly season. Gabbert had a nice game and impressive since he hasn't started in two years. But some are getting carried away. Atlanta has a crappy pass defense that was missing key players. So far all the 49ers offense has shown this year is that it can score points against crappy defenses at home. Reminds me of the whole Troy Smith affair again

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely earned a second start. Let's see if he can solidify his position by doing well against Seattle. Heck, if he does well against Seattle, St. Louis, and Arizona, maybe we aren't even thinking about drafting a QB of the future since we would have one in Gabbert already.

One week at a time. Atlanta's defense is probably at the same level as Baltimore and New York. I'm looking forward to the Seattle game at Century Link. Gabbert will be tested. We'll see how he responds to a playoff caliber defense and the 12th man. Hopefully well. Pretty sure he's our quarterback for the rest of the season.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening on KNBR tonight I think we are in the silly season. Gabbert had a nice game and impressive since he hasn't started in two years. But some are getting carried away. Atlanta has a crappy pass defense that was missing key players. So far all the 49ers offense has shown this year is that it can score points against crappy defenses at home. Reminds me of the whole Troy Smith affair again

Yeah, I caught a bit of KNBR after the game. The guys on the radio are ridiculous. They were saying that Gabbert could experience something similar to Rich Gannon (a guy who was unsuccessful early in his career, but became successful when he got an opportunity on another team). A little overboard after one game against a crappy defense.

You're right. We've proven that we can beat up on a crappy defense. Gabbert has certainly earned another start, but the real measure will be against Seattle in two weeks.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One week at a time. Atlanta's defense is probably at the same level as Baltimore and New York. I'm looking forward to the Seattle game at Century Link. Gabbert will be tested. We'll see how he responds to a playoff caliber defense and the 12th man. Hopefully well. Pretty sure he's our quarterback for the rest of the season.
That will be a good game to evaluate talent from some of the unproven players. If Gabbert starts I hope he has a good game. It might mean he can perform until the 9ers find the true franchise QB it has been lacking.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That will be a good game to evaluate talent from some of the unproven players. If Gabbert starts I hope he has a good game. It might mean he can perform until the 9ers find the true franchise QB it has been lacking.

If he performs against Seattle, then maybe he's the guy.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. The Falcons struggle to generate pass-rush and most QBs can play if they're given time. Not taking anything away from Gabbert. There's still talent on the 49ers roster and they're dangerous on any given Sunday.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. The Falcons struggle to generate pass-rush and most QBs can play if they're given time. Not taking anything away from Gabbert. There's still talent on the 49ers roster and they're dangerous on any given Sunday.

When at home, at least.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe the Falcons didn't go for it on 4th down. NFL coaches are way too conservative on 4th down, but Quinn not going for there is taking the conservative approach to the ultra extreme. If you trust your defense to get the stop anyway, then you'll trust them to get the stop if the Niners are backed up on their own 1.

I'm actually proud that Tomsula showed some balls on 4th down today. I wonder when NFL coaches will get with modern times and start going for it more on 4th down.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I caught a bit of KNBR after the game. The guys on the radio are ridiculous. They were saying that Gabbert could experience something similar to Rich Gannon (a guy who was unsuccessful early in his career, but became successful when he got an opportunity on another team). A little overboard after one game against a crappy defense.

You're right. We've proven that we can beat up on a crappy defense. Gabbert has certainly earned another start, but the real measure will be against Seattle in two weeks.

Yep. Today reminds me a lot of the Troy Smith game. Troy Smith has one good game, and now he is the team savior and the one game was proof that everything bad happening to the 49ers was Alex Smith's fault. Seattle has been Kaep's house of horrors, so Gabbert doesn't need to do much to show he is better. It would be unrealistic to expect him to go up there and throw for 300 yards and 3 tds. All he needs to do is sustain a couple of drives and put up some points up there. It won't be easy.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Next Sunday will give us a better indication of how things are.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe the Falcons didn't go for it on 4th down. NFL coaches are way too conservative on 4th down, but Quinn not going for there is taking the conservative approach to the ultra extreme. If you trust your defense to get the stop anyway, then you'll trust them to get the stop if the Niners are backed up on their own 1.

At the time, I was just happy they settled for the field. After thinking about further, Matt Ryan and Julio Jones in close range is a pretty good gamble.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the time, I was just happy they settled for the field. After thinking about further, Matt Ryan and Julio Jones in close range is a pretty good gamble.

Yeah, going for it there is probably the higher percentage play. You were right to be happy. The Falcons did us a huge favor by settling for a FG.