• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers to work Moss out Monday

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd prefer not bringing back Morgan. I want a new blood upgrade.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We resign Josh Morgan, sign a guy like Laurent Robinson or on a lower degree Andre Caldwell, draft a solid mid-round WR like Junior Hemingway and it's not a bad unit at all.

Vernon Davis
Delanie Walker
Michael Crabtree
Josh Morgan
Laurent Robinson/Andre Caldwell
Kyle Williams
Junior Hemingway

Maybe even A.J. Jenkins in the draft as well.

It's not a terrible group. Obviously no studs in the receivers, but Manning has made worse talent look better.

I rather see what we can get out of Moss... (Probably cheaper than Robinson)
Pick up Belcher in the 7th round or in UDFA
...career highlights
Select DeVier Posey (I have nothing against selecting AJ Jenkins either)
Kyle Williams
Crabtree

Last edited by a moderator:

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Off that highlight video I don't see him lasting till the 7th/undrafted. His size, appears to have good hands, always falls forward, carried two guys @2:20, good jukes... Imagine if we got Hill and Belcher, then Coale (sp?) from V. Tech. That would def fill our WR hole.

drekeeper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't get it either. Baalke was the guy who said the QB of the future wasn't on the roster about a year ago. I don't think his opinion has changed about Smith, so maybe he just feels that Peyton Manning will slow down CK's development.

I heard something on NFL Network a few days ago that Manning was maniacal about taking EVERY snap in practice. (their words). Which I guess we could argue made it impossible for the Colts backups to develop like they should have behind Manning. As witnessed by absolutely horrible QB play by Painter and the desperation to bring in Collins

Or maybe its just as simple as it being a lot easier for CK to follow Alex Smith than it would be to take over after Manning.

This I can vibe with. At this stage in the game I would be all in favor of bringing in Peyton Manning but not at the expense of killing the development of his eventual heir. As you touched, after Manning went down, the Colts QB play was absolutely horrible.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This I can vibe with. At this stage in the game I would be all in favor of bringing in Peyton Manning but not at the expense of killing the development of his eventual heir. As you touched, after Manning went down, the Colts QB play was absolutely horrible.

Especially not at his age and at the expense of our 2nd round QB of a year ago.

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that move on the db on the 2nd play was crazy for a person 6'5

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If the Niners sign him and he helps them win games and be a productive player, would you root against him? That doesn't make any sense. :crazy:

There isnt a pro athlete I hate more then Moss. I will always root against him. Yeah a little irrational but there is almost no way in hell I could ever be happy with Moss on the 9ers.

If he catches a TD pass, I'll cheer that Smith or whoever threw it and that the 9ers scored.

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Glazer said his sources told him Randy lit it up. Ran about 45 routes and looked like the old Randy. Left people floored by his performance.

If this happened...and he gets people genuinely interested, I doubt he will come to SF, I'm sure he will have concerns about the percentage of pass plays we run. Moss' time is very limited and if he worked out this well, then he will have options, he wont' have to settle.

I think he get more usage in NO and he knows that...ohhh, and they have this guy named Brees...

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously doubt Belcher makes it to the 7th round. He may go much earlier.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Off that highlight video I don't see him lasting till the 7th/undrafted. His size, appears to have good hands, always falls forward, carried two guys @2:20, good jukes... Imagine if we got Hill and Belcher, then Coale (sp?) from V. Tech. That would def fill our WR hole.

@luckyluke22 and @numone9er

What's hindering Belcher's stock is that he's not fast, probably a 4.58 - 4.65 runner, he was suspended all this year for hiding a failed drug test from the coach, he let's the ball into his body far too often despite being a good hands catcher, and he also doesn't have ANY hype surrounding him. He's ranked the 73th WR in the nfldraftscout database. Of course I'm with you guys -- he should be drafted higher, we'll see if his stock gains any ground into April.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Alex Smith throwing to Randy Moss?

Good combination?

I'm not sure.

drekeeper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this happened...and he gets people genuinely interested, I doubt he will come to SF, I'm sure he will have concerns about the percentage of pass plays we run. Moss' time is very limited and if he worked out this well, then he will have options, he wont' have to settle.

I think he get more usage in NO and he knows that...ohhh, and they have this guy named Brees...

Randy Moss is coming back for a chance to win a SuperBowl. All things aside, I believe he understands that from a legacy standpoint, people will point to that. If at the end of his career he shows he's willing to block, take a few passes over the middle, do whatever is asked to get him what HE wants, that will supplant his career for HIM. Am I Randy Moss? No. Am I willing to bet some of the aforementioned literature is on his mind? I'd bet the house

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Therer are 2 things about this scenario I don't want to see next year in SF.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Dre, do I think he has the aforementioned literature on his mind? Yes. Do I think he thinks about it more then he would think about, say, scratching his balls? No. You laid out a pretty good argument but NOTHING that Randy Moss has done has been about anyone but himself. He didn't go over the middle with the Pats. He didn't run block with the Pats. Hell, he bitched about his contract status while on the Pats when they were favorites to win the SB. If this was something he would have considered seriously, don't you think he would have done it with the team that employs Tom Brady as QB and Bill Bellichek as HC? Randy Moss is the epitome of the DIVA WR. At least with TO, you got 100% effort 100% of the time on the field.

"Straight cash homie...."

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Therer are 2 things about this scenario I don't want to see next year in SF.

Ninersickness, you are something. Who doesn't like the words "throwing" and "to"? Football needs "throwing" and everyday conversation would be difficult without "to".

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they were seriously going to get Moss, they could make a PR thing by signing Alex in the morning before Alex throws to Moss. But as an aside, can the Niners have any of their players throw or is that against offseason rules (for insurance, rest, and competition reasons)? Is that like a voluntary workout that is implied as being mandatory (even if CK/Alex volunteers)?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they were seriously going to get Moss, they could make a PR thing by signing Alex in the morning before Alex throws to Moss. But as an aside, can the Niners have any of their players throw or is that against offseason rules (for insurance, rest, and competition reasons)? Is that like a voluntary workout that is implied as being mandatory (even if CK/Alex volunteers)?

Derr... The answer to my question was in the article posted.

Harbaugh is throwing to Moss because a current 49ers quarterback can't throw in a workout for the team until the league year begins on Tuesday, March 13 at 4 p.m. ET.

This goes to show my impression of Harbaugh in that I assumed he was throwing just because he is hands on.