• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers to work Moss out Monday

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain to me how bringing in Moss but not Peyton for a visit makes sense?

Moss likes to go out and party, while Peyton would just sit in his hotel room?

Oh, wait, you mean for a visit toward signing a contract. No, that doesn't make any sense at all.

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would guess the cost of Moss vs Manning.

Manning will command a hefty price tag, even if incentive laiden. Whereas Moss will probably sign for between 2-4 million.

Since Baalke has stated he's the methodical, not going to overpay, type he won't get into a bidding war for Manning. Plus Manning would still need WR's other than Crabs and Williams.

Can always hope the 49ers are a dark horse for Manning...

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would guess the cost of Moss vs Manning.

Manning will command a hefty price tag, even if incentive laiden. Whereas Moss will probably sign for between 2-4 million.

Since Baalke has stated he's the methodical, not going to overpay, type he won't get into a bidding war for Manning. Plus Manning would still need WR's other than Crabs and Williams.

Can always hope the 49ers are a dark horse for Manning...

I don't get this that manning will need wrs he made tamme look like clark austin collie looked good blair white anthony gonzalez ben utecht the list goes on

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And all we have is Crabtree, Williams, and Hastings.

So really we have Crabtree to start, a backup slot guy, and a ST player.

Manning could def take us to a SB, but we still need a few more WRs

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I got ya know I thought you were one of the guys saying we need better wrs like he can't win with what we got

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The thing about Moss is that a big part of his game was his athletic ability, and now he's 35. He is also skilled, so he's not exactly chopped liver if his speed goes, but he's a big guy and its hard to expect him to keep the turbo acceleration this late into his career. And its hard to say exactly how much he brings if that's the case. Heard the 4.4 report....we'll see about that.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, it's not like we're gonna go into the season with just those three guys at WR. Josh Morgan is probably coming back, and then maybe another WR in FA, and then you have the draft. And we also have Vernon Davis and Delanie Walker at TE.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's not like we're gonna go into the season with just those three guys at WR. Josh Morgan is probably coming back, and then maybe another WR in FA, and then you have the draft. And we also have Vernon Davis and Delanie Walker at TE.

And Bogan

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Can someone explain to me how bringing in Moss but not Peyton for a visit makes sense?

Well... Uhhh.....
confusedkid.jpg

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We resign Josh Morgan, sign a guy like Laurent Robinson or on a lower degree Andre Caldwell, draft a solid mid-round WR like Junior Hemingway and it's not a bad unit at all.

Vernon Davis
Delanie Walker
Michael Crabtree
Josh Morgan
Laurent Robinson/Andre Caldwell
Kyle Williams
Junior Hemingway

Maybe even A.J. Jenkins in the draft as well.

It's not a terrible group. Obviously no studs in the receivers, but Manning has made worse talent look better.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I don't get it either. Baalke was the guy who said the QB of the future wasn't on the roster about a year ago. I don't think his opinion has changed about Smith, so maybe he just feels that Peyton Manning will slow down CK's development.

I heard something on NFL Network a few days ago that Manning was maniacal about taking EVERY snap in practice. (their words). Which I guess we could argue made it impossible for the Colts backups to develop like they should have behind Manning. As witnessed by absolutely horrible QB play by Painter and the desperation to bring in Collins

Or maybe its just as simple as it being a lot easier for CK to follow Alex Smith than it would be to take over after Manning.

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have my doubts about Morgan resigning. I think he prefers the Niners but I can see some team making him an offer based on potential that Baalke won't match. If I had to put numbers on it, 50/50.

And I agree Manning could do great things for our Offense. I think there's an underlying issue. Maybe Harbaugh wants to develop Smith/CK, not have to cooperate/coexist with Manning and his offense style. Maybe they don't see Manning as future just present.

Who knows? I could string a thousand theories...

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we combine the 2 moss threads?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I have my doubts about Morgan resigning. I think he prefers the Niners but I can see some team making him an offer based on potential that Baalke won't match. If I had to put numbers on it, 50/50.

And I agree Manning could do great things for our Offense. I think there's an underlying issue. Maybe Harbaugh wants to develop Smith/CK, not have to cooperate/coexist with Manning and his offense style. Maybe they don't see Manning as future just present.

Who knows? I could string a thousand theories...

I think the idea is to make an offer and hopefully lock Morgan up before he sees what other people will offer. If the money is his top priority, he won't be back IMO. But I think he likes the Niners and might give them the home team discount. I'd like to keep him and see if his last two games were a sign of something finally clicking, or just another glimpse of his potential.