• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers to work Moss out Monday

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Moss played in 8 games gfor the Titans, and he caught 6 balls for 80 yards. And that was 2 years ago.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Do you really think he gave a shit about the Titans?

I don't think he gave a shit about any team for whom he played. But he used to be talented enough to get away with that. Now he gives lackluster effort AND he's washed up.

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
washed up hugh with drew brees putting the ball on the money and him in his mid 30's running a sub 4.4 lol fashore!! hell command a double team and if they dont sombody's gonna get rosted

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess he use to run a 4.2 in his prime right? a sub 4.4 is pretty impressive for a guy thats washed up and is considered to be a strictly stretch the field guy...

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What makes people think Moss has anything left? The drop off was easy to see. Hell the Pats traded him for a reason. They could easily see it right in front of their eyes. And this was two years ago. He's a player that relies pretty much solely on his athletic ability and has been out of the game for a year. He failed with 3 teams his last year.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
washed up hugh with drew brees putting the ball on the money and him in his mid 30's running a sub 4.4 lol fashore!! hell command a double team and if they dont sombody's gonna get rosted

You're going to say Moss isn't washed up because of a reported 40 time in a personal workout and that's it?

You know any team could've signed him at any time this entire offseason right?

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

NotSureIfSerious.jpg

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Likewise, league sources tell sportsNOLA.com that Moss had an "off-the-charts workout" that included running the 40-yard dash in the 4.39 to 4.4-second range. One of the sources in the report described Moss as being more impressive than anticipated and in great shape.

We pointed out on Tuesday that, although receiver Randy Moss impressed the Saints with his route-running, he didn’t run 40 yards in a straight line with a stopwatch ticking.

I’ve re-confirmed, via multiple sources, that Moss indeed did not run a 40-yard dash, because there is at least one report that he did. And at least 100 of you have pointed via email and/or Twitter.

Contrary to those reports, Moss didn’t run a 40-yard dash.

It’s still unknown whether he wasn’t asked to run a 40, or whether he declined. (Or whether they offered him $1,500 if he could break 4.4. seconds.)

Moss has claimed that he can still run a 4.3. Of course, a guy doesn’t have to run the 40 to prove that he can still run.

He’ll be doing some more running for at least two unnamed teams next week.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I have almost no opinion on Moss....so many pros and cons it almost balances out.....but I'll add that the other day they asked Steve Young about it, and he said that if he knew Moss was going to come in and produce like he used to, be a big threat and come in healthy....he'd maybe think about adding him. Considering how desperately we need WRs, that's a very tepid endorsement at best. Of course Young isn't an oracle, but he's very insightful and does know the Niners.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Of course Young isn't an oracle, but he's very insightful and does know the Niners.

Young isn't even close to an oracle. He's actually pretty clueless about the 49ers for being a former player IMO. Seems like a nice guy, but he's offered some of the worst football opinions I've ever heard.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have almost no opinion on Moss....so many pros and cons it almost balances out.....but I'll add that the other day they asked Steve Young about it, and he said that if he knew Moss was going to come in and produce like he used to, be a big threat and come in healthy....he'd maybe think about adding him. Considering how desperately we need WRs, that's a very tepid endorsement at best. Of course Young isn't an oracle, but he's very insightful and does know the Niners.

moss in his prime is different than moss who hasn't played in over a year. u get all the lazy traits without the big play potential

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we look into moss and not manning ill be absolutely pissed why isn't anyone mentioning that he said same thing about mike Wallace

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young isn't even close to an oracle. He's actually pretty clueless about the 49ers for being a former player IMO. Seems like a nice guy, but he's offered some of the worst football opinions I've ever heard.

I agree 100%. I will always enjoy hearing him talk football, but his Brian Brohm and Rex Grossman opinions amounted to a pile of shit. I trust some of the guys on this boards opinions more than his.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I agree 100%. I will always enjoy hearing him talk football, but his Brian Brohm and Rex Grossman opinions amounted to a pile of shit. I trust some of the guys on this boards opinions more than his.

Not to mention his Brandon Doman opinion.

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hmmm. I'm not sure I'd like his personality to tarnish Crabtree's work ethic.
Although if Moss could enjoy New England, maybe he can buy into Harbaughs blue collar approach.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Can't hurt to try. Just don't know how much he has left. But 75% of the old Moss is better than most.

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hmmm. I'm not sure I'd like his personality to tarnish Crabtree's work ethic.
Although if Moss could enjoy New England, maybe he can buy into Harbaughs blue collar approach.

That's funny...:pound:

I'm no botanist but isn't Randy Moss poisonous?