• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers to work Moss out Monday

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did it off the top of my head, but I did just graduate from law school so I must have read them somewhere along the way. Law school is a blur because there was so much I needed to do that wasn't the end product but rather gave me a piece to inform that end product. You don't read about dislaimers, but you sometimes draft contracts.

or you did stay at the Holiday Inn... for short.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Q: I saw that Randy Moss is going to San Francisco to work out for the 49ers? Who do you think is the front-runner to land him? Does he have anything left in the tank?
-- Jerry (New Jersey)​

A: Definitely think he has something left in the tank, Jerry. Last week he was in New Orleans and was said to look good. Today he's going to be in San Francisco, working out for the 49ers. It wouldn't surprise me if he took another trip, either. Teams are aware of him, and in the right system, on the right team with a strong head coach who can control him, Moss can still be a weapon.

--Adam Schefter

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, Moss needs to be or may be better utilized in those Pass first offenses. The saints, pats, maybe AZ as a darkhorse, GB etc...

or why not washington to give RG3 some help?

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I just read a funny quote, which might mean we won't sign Randy:

A rolling (out of the pocket) Smith gathers no Moss

:-)

NolanNonsense

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I just read a funny quote, which might mean we won't sign Randy:

A rolling (out of the pocket) Smith gathers no Moss

:-)

Smith never "gathers" anyone when he rolls out. Once he leaves the pocket to his right I just stop watching. It's an automatic incompletion.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MM says Moss is still in the building and most likely ate lunch at the better than cafeteria food cafe.

drekeeper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Dre, do I think he has the aforementioned literature on his mind? Yes. Do I think he thinks about it more then he would think about, say, scratching his balls? No. You laid out a pretty good argument but NOTHING that Randy Moss has done has been about anyone but himself. He didn't go over the middle with the Pats. He didn't run block with the Pats. Hell, he bitched about his contract status while on the Pats when they were favorites to win the SB. If this was something he would have considered seriously, don't you think he would have done it with the team that employs Tom Brady as QB and Bill Bellichek as HC? Randy Moss is the epitome of the DIVA WR. At least with TO, you got 100% effort 100% of the time on the field.

"Straight cash homie...."

Moss's production speaks for itself in terms of him not caring about anything other than himself. He's never been close to the distraction or disruption in in the locker room like some other notable NFL players have been to a team. To say that he didn't run block is a stretch, I'm sure you could produce evidence where he wasn't so great at it on a particular play and I could produce evidence where he was (maybe not great but decent). In regards to his contract, most who have a job and excel at it, often feels they should be compensated and if possible, know that their future will be stable. Moss seeking a long term deal is what most NFL players do for a piece of mind. Moss as a Patriot put up exceptional numbers and his numbers provided him with a very sound argument to get paid and to have a long term deal. He never held out of camp nor threatened to for any team he played for in terms of a contract or money. Not something you could say about most players.

The going over the middle argument is not one in which I can address because I don't know. I know that Randy doesn't call the routes or plays, and I've never heard publicly where his teammates have called him out for refusing a route over the middle, but then again, why would you send a guy who runs a 4.3 who's 6'6 and boney as a blanket over the middle to risk tearing up his knees when his greatest asset is stretching the field with the ability to take 2 sometimes 3 defenders with him with the threat of the home run ball? Moss doesn't have the physical frame that warrants taking punishment over the middle as the Eagles learned with Desean Jackson. At the end of the day, I believe wherever Randy Moss lands, barring injury, he'll be a 1,000 receiver and a top 10 target in the NFL

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Question is, how many yards and TDs would Moss have with Alex Smith as his QB?

I say 1100 yards, 8 TDs.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moss ran some slants, curls, outs, and gos

Anthony Dixon on Moss workout:

Jim was getting the old cannon warmed up. He still thinks he's got it. If Alex doesn't sign, I think we definitely got a quarterback/coach that's ready.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It'll be a huge surprise if Baalke doesn't sign Moss...
reason being because Baalke signed all but one of my FA targets last year :) (Kreutz)

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it definitely should be an interesting year if Moss is signed. I wanna see Kaep's cannon off the play-action to Moss on a go route.

If there's one route that Smith times pretty well is a comeback route. Moss did those pretty well in his prime too.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the comeback route, the only pass route crabtree is any good at...

i really hope moss can still motor on game day, some people age quickly in their 30s. but 75% of what he could do with the pats would be enough for vernon to get less attention. i wouldn't be surprised if vernon reclaims the TE TD record next season.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm so glad they had Anthony Dixon around after the workout so he could shoot the shit with Randy Moss.

If Dixon says it's a go to ink him, Baalke and Paraag should hurry up and get the contract printed up! :-)

drekeeper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The San Francisco 49ers worked out aging, talented, enigmatic Randy Moss on Monday for 15 minutes, according to CSNBayArea.com.

San Francisco coach Jim Harbaugh threw to Moss at the 49ers' practice facility after Moss had a physical at Stanford University.

"He looked good," San Francisco running back Anthony Dixon told CSNBayArea.com.

Dixon said Moss ran a variety of routes, including slants, outs and curls.

"Jim and (GM) Trent (Baalke) want to see if he can play," 49ers CEO Jed York told CSNBayArea.com. "We need to add somebody who can stretch the field, and it's up to those guys to see if he's a fit."

Moss and San Francisco team representatives met after the workout.

When asked if he would like to see Moss on the team, Dixon said yes.

"Oh, yeah, definitely," Dixon said. "That's Randy. You got to account for him when he's on the field."

Moss, 35, did not play last season after announcing his retirement. He's renowned as a deep-passing threat, something the 49ers lack, and is second all-time in receiving touchdowns with 153.

The last season he played was a mess. Moss traded by the Patriots, waived by the Vikings and finished with six catches for 80 yards for the Tennessee Titans in 2010.

But as recently as 2009, he was a force with Tom Brady and the Patriots. Moss had 83 catches for 1,264 yards and 13 touchdowns that year.

Michael Crabtree led the 49ers with 72 catches for 874 yards last season.

Also, San Francisco quarterback Alex Smith says he's happy with the three-year deal the 49ers offered, and never demanded a five-year deal.

Smith told CBS 5 of San Francisco on Sunday that reports of a demand for a five-year deal are "completely false."

Smith and San Francisco hope to reach a new contract before he becomes a free agent Tuesday.

"It's going," Smith told CBS 5. "They know I want to be back. I think they want me back. It's just a matter of working out the details. I'm just waiting for it to get done."

After being maligned at the start of his career, Smith had his best season last year. San Francisco went 13-3 and he threw for 3,144 yards, 17 touchdowns and five interceptions.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny dixon wants him as a team mate does he think next year he will be on this team?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randy Moss has left the building. That was a long meeting. Wonder if they hammered out a deal.

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Randy Moss hopping on a conference call soon, which means ... deal's done, he's officially a 49er."

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"@Boobie24Dixon: @DaRealOtisMoss Welcome to the Squad OG,Triple OG! We bout to get our roll on! #LetsGetEm #BowBow #49ers"