• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers to hire Jim Tomsula

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not happy but its time to back tomsula. I hope we land a god OC and DC.

Why are you upset? Tomsula has the respect of the players and a good relationship with the owners.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomsula is beloved by the players and I have always LOVED the guy...but his success rests solely on who he gets as his OC and DC. My biggest worry is how connected he is to other coaches around college and the NFL in order to build a competent staff. Early reports are that Marc Trestman is on a short list for OC and the DC from the Raiders under Dennis Allen is being considered. Trestman I'm cool with. The dude from the Raiders??? Why the fuck would we want any Raiders' leftovers?!?

The fact that the Niners apparently are going to a 4-3, which makes sense given the personnel on the team, means that the D is learning all new D assignments. The fact that Fangio was let go is both worrisome and infuriating to me so I'm curious as to who they are going to bring in and how this D will respond. On paper, it makes sense, but to go from a top defense as a 3-4 all these years to a 4-3 is scary in terms of not wanting to see significant drop off in production.

Have you forgotten how shitty Trestman was as the 49ers OC?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomsula is beloved by the players and I have always LOVED the guy...but his success rests solely on who he gets as his OC and DC. My biggest worry is how connected he is to other coaches around college and the NFL in order to build a competent staff. Early reports are that Marc Trestman is on a short list for OC and the DC from the Raiders under Dennis Allen is being considered. Trestman I'm cool with. The dude from the Raiders??? Why the fuck would we want any Raiders' leftovers?!?

The fact that the Niners apparently are going to a 4-3, which makes sense given the personnel on the team, means that the D is learning all new D assignments. The fact that Fangio was let go is both worrisome and infuriating to me so I'm curious as to who they are going to bring in and how this D will respond. On paper, it makes sense, but to go from a top defense as a 3-4 all these years to a 4-3 is scary in terms of not wanting to see significant drop off in production.

Ya it makes no sense. Now they cannot use their best pass rushers, Aldon Smith and Aaron Lynch who are outside linebackers in a 3-4 but have no spot in a 4-3.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This reminds me perfectly of the Titans hiring Mike Munchak. Everyone knew he was only qualified to be an OL coach but he was a "real nice guy" and always said yes to ownership and the guys wearing ties upstairs.

I detest the 49ers but I feel sorry for their fans. How the mighty have fallen!

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This reminds me perfectly of the Titans hiring Mike Munchak. Everyone knew he was only qualified to be an OL coach but he was a "real nice guy" and always said yes to ownership and the guys wearing ties upstairs.

Yep, they could have signed Rex Ryan. :L

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]
Ya it makes no sense. Now they cannot use their best pass rushers, Aldon Smith and Aaron Lynch who are outside linebackers in a 3-4 but have no spot in a 4-3.

To clarify, both Aldon and Lynch played 4-3 ends in college so they both had to transition to the 3-4.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you forgotten how shitty Trestman was as the 49ers OC?

That was, what, 20 years ago? Have you looked at how the Bears offense has done since then? Did you see how many touches Forte had this season at RB? Considering that our bread and butter starts with our RBs, I see that as a positive.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HD, I have no qualms about your comparison but only to ask bc I legitimately don't know, how was Munchak's supporting staff? OC/DC, position coaches, etc.?

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all the talk about 'nice guy' coaches, and coaches that piss everybody off.

Coaches dont have to be nice, actually they need to instill just a little fear. Keep everybody on edge. Nice and comfortable usually wont work.

Dont know where this new coach fits in that discussion.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AZ did the same thing with Dave McGinnis. That didn't even come close to working.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile the Raiders signed Jack Del Rio as their new head coach.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its silly to make references between two coaches because they have on vague thing in common, such as "niceness". Tomsula is a players coach, there are plenty of examples of successful players coaches. There are also examples of failed players coaches. Bottom line is who the heck knows how he will do until next season roles around.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The niners owner wanted this guy from the start, that's why Harbaugh had to go. Not sure why the owner is in love with a DL coach, but glad to know we don't have to worry about them in the NFC anymore.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its silly to make references between two coaches because they have on vague thing in common, such as "niceness". Tomsula is a players coach, there are plenty of examples of successful players coaches. There are also examples of failed players coaches. Bottom line is who the heck knows how he will do until next season roles around.

I just don't know many examples of successful, nice players coaches who were never even coordinators. I think the front office hired this guy because they don't want anybody challenging them. They can completely control him.

If it was all about winning, then Harbaugh would still be there.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't know many examples of successful, nice players coaches who were never even coordinators. I think the front office hired this guy because they don't want anybody challenging them. They can completely control him.

If it was all about winning, then Harbaugh would still be there.

That's my biggest fear as well. If that is the case, the 49ers will quickly become irrelevant again.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did a little interview on Bay Area tv recently. Check out this trainwreck...

New 49ers Coach Jim Tomsula Mumbles And Huffs His Way Through Interview

And here I was worried there wouldn't be a socially awkward weirdo leading the 9ers anymore. Let's just hope he also practices his gif worthy sideline tantrums in front of a mirror every day.

HarbaughReacts.gif

18dk6b8na4r06gif.gif

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did a little interview on Bay Area tv recently. Check out this trainwreck...

New 49ers Coach Jim Tomsula Mumbles And Huffs His Way Through Interview

And here I was worried there wouldn't be a socially awkward weirdo leading the 9ers anymore. Let's just hope he also practices his gif worthy sideline tantrums in front of a mirror every day.

That dude is a master communicator. You can already tell the media is going to chew him up and spit him out. That was local media throwing him softballs. I can't wait to see when the real stuff comes his way.