• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers - Packers

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest... when the playoffs started, if you had told any 9er fan that the path to the superbowl would mean games against Minny and GB and we wouldn't have to play Seattle or New Orleans, you would have been ecstatic. A lot of pundits are trying to convince everyone that this is anyone's game, they have Rodgers, forget the first game. I get all of that. But we should win this game.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridiculous take from Mike Florio...who is a hack. He's salty 'cause his Vikings took an ass kicking from SF. You can do that with pretty much every game to get whatever alternative ending you wish.

His spots with Chris Simms have been absolutely painful to watch these last two weeks. His lack of objectivity is insane.

F the pundits, though. They rarely know more than you or me, and their analyses (outside of a few) are extremely shallow.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Let's be honest... when the playoffs started, if you had told any 9er fan that the path to the superbowl would mean games against Minny and GB and we wouldn't have to play Seattle or New Orleans, you would have been ecstatic. A lot of pundits are trying to convince everyone that this is anyone's game, they have Rodgers, forget the first game. I get all of that. But we should win this game.

No, it isn't "anyone's game", the 49ers are favored by a touchdown for a reason. I agree with "should" win.

Every 49er just play your game and avoid the personal fouls, the unsportsman likes, and targetting. Don't allow GB to have successful fakes on special teams. If its a "straight up" game meaning no 49er turnovers, we should win.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers-49ers regular-season game was much closer than the score suggested

Ok i can agree it was a LITTLE closer than the score suggests............in the first half. Yes, GB made mistakes with turnover and big penalties, helping the 49ers along.

No one is expecting a similar score, not even extreme 49er fans. But as long as the 49ers don't make the same mistakes as GB in that game, i like our chances.
The Niners are definitely going to win this game. It would take something crazy for the Packers to win. They are not built to beat a team that has the strengths the 49ers do. Too much defense and too many weapons on offense.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it isn't "anyone's game", the 49ers are favored by a touchdown for a reason. I agree with "should" win.

Every 49er just play your game and avoid the personal fouls, the unsportsman likes, and targetting. Don't allow GB to have successful fakes on special teams. If its a "straight up" game meaning no 49er turnovers, we should win.
And don't constantly fall for the bootlegs and roll outs like they did against the Rams. If they keep Rodgers in the pocket he will struggle.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying that since N.O lost to Minny. This year is too perfect. Its set up for us to win with other teams doing the hard work for us. It doesn't happen often.
The last 13 times teams who have met in the -layoffs after one of them has lost to the other by 20 points or more during the season, the winner has been the team who won in the regular season. I fully expect that streak to get to 14 on Sunday.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners - Chiefs is going to be the highest rated Super Bowl ever.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this beatdown coming a mile away.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they made that look easy.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to believe the Packers won 14 games. They seemed over matched and had very few answers on how to do anything right against the 49ers twice this season.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There's another cool story lurking on the 49ers' roster in the former seventh-round pick who has played for several teams. Person was cut by the 49ers in 2012, the Seahawks in 2013 and the Falcons in 2016. Shanahan must have remembered him from Atlanta and brought him to San Francisco for offensive line depth, but Person won one of the starting guard spots in 2018 and hasn't let go.

Laken Tomlinson and a former backup center in Ben Garland all starting on the interior. They're all playing at a high level right now, and they just helped Mostert produce one of the best single-game performances in league history.

How easy to overlook the interior of the O-line, especially Garland for Richburg. Last off season everyone was concerned with their play and that we needed to spend draft capital. Still think we should look ahead BUT, we don't have the draft capital meaning we can only spend a later round pick.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you did.

So did a few others of course.

So, who ya got in the Bowl?
Really tough to bet against the Chiefs but if there is one team that has a chance against them its the Niners. I'm not confident but the Niners only lose very close games so they could make it close and get a lucky turnover or something.

My first thought though is that they'll have a small lead near the end, get conservative on offense on their last possession and give the ball back to Mahomes and the Chiefs win it at the very end.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to believe the Packers won 14 games. They seemed over matched and had very few answers on how to do anything right against the 49ers twice this season.
They were over-matched. The 49ers are too tough on one-dimensional teams for the Packers to have a chance in this game. It went about as expected, the two garbage time TDs not withstanding.