• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers - Packers

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll help that the Ravens play a Monday night game on the west coast. Anyway, no excuses and just play who's available.

Yes, all games start with no turnovers from the 49ers side. If zero turnovers, we can win as much as anybody.
I just have this feeling that Shanahan is going to have something for Jackson. I think they'll try to keep him in the pocket, make him throw the ball and hope that their DBs can get some wins on their mediocre wide receiver corp.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just have this feeling that Shanahan is going to have something for Jackson. I think they'll try to keep him in the pocket, make him throw the ball and hope that their DBs can get some wins on their mediocre wide receiver corp.

Of course you TRY and keep him in the pocket, same with Wilson and Murray. But also like Wilson and Murray, easier said than done. The downside is your pass rush slows down.

But Jackson also has called running plays, so we just have to play better disciplined run D. Don't bite hard on fakes and make good tackles on everyone.

IF Jackson gets hot and passes well from the pocket, then no defense can stop it anyway. But this is the same for any QB that gets hot.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you TRY and keep him in the pocket, same with Wilson and Murray. But also like Wilson and Murray, easier said than done. The downside is your pass rush slows down.

But Jackson also has called running plays, so we just have to play better disciplined run D. Don't bite hard on fakes and make good tackles on everyone.

IF Jackson gets hot and passes well from the pocket, then no defense can stop it anyway. But this is the same for any QB that gets hot.
Agreed. "Trying" and "doing" are two separate things. The goal will be to try to keep him in the pocket, shut down the run, force him to throw under pressure and let our DBs hopefully make some plays against their mediocre receiving corp. This is a game where we could really, really use Alexander.
Of course Baltimore should win this game at home but the 49ers have a few things gong for them like a short week for Baltimore and having to travel back east in foul weather today, no practice on Thursday, and I just think Shanahan is going to have a little something for them; we'll see.
I would be surprised but not stunned if the 49ers were to win.,

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NFC playoff picture: Creating separation as November ends

As good as this team has played, Seattle is right behind and able to take the West. No choice but to beat them in Seattle for the West.

Not a disaster if we don't get the No. 1 seed, but obviously we'd rather avoid playing in New Orleans twice. Still enough games to play in determining who gets No. 1.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFC playoff picture: Creating separation as November ends

As good as this team has played, Seattle is right behind and able to take the West. No choice but to beat them in Seattle for the West.

Not a disaster if we don't get the No. 1 seed, but obviously we'd rather avoid playing in New Orleans twice. Still enough games to play in determining who gets No. 1.
Looking at the remaining schedules I would give the nod to Seattle in the West. Shanahan is going to regret his brain lock in OT against Seattle.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the remaining schedules I would give the nod to Seattle in the West. Shanahan is going to regret his brain lock in OT against Seattle.

The 49ers have some wiggle room as in can lose a game and still be able to win the West by beating Seattle in Seattle. Yes Seattle has an easier schedule but not a complete cake walk. I don't think the 49ers lose to both the Ravens and Saints.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agreed. "Trying" and "doing" are two separate things. The goal will be to try to keep him in the pocket, shut down the run, force him to throw under pressure and let our DBs hopefully make some plays against their mediocre receiving corp. This is a game where we could really, really use Alexander.
Of course Baltimore should win this game at home but the 49ers have a few things gong for them like a short week for Baltimore and having to travel back east in foul weather today, no practice on Thursday, and I just think Shanahan is going to have a little something for them; we'll see.
I would be surprised but not stunned if the 49ers were to win.,

i wouldn't call their receiving corps "mediocre"? While they're not the NFL's best, they're more than good enough.

bad weather usually favors the better running team. our run game has been dismal of late and their run game includes a running QB. I know we can't stop their run game, but at very least make good tackles.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The 49ers have some wiggle room as in can lose a game and still be able to win the West by beating Seattle in Seattle. Yes Seattle has an easier schedule but not a complete cake walk. I don't think the 49ers lose to both the Ravens and Saints.

If we can beat Seattle in Seattle and end up tied, we might win the tie breaker? So yes, there is some cushion as long as we beat them. Seattle remains the key game, not the Ravens or Saints.

I think the 49ers have a better chance in Baltimore than New Orleans. Not because New Orleans is better, but they being the second road game. If New Orleans wasn't a second consecutive road game, i'd think it would be more 50/50?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect a loss in Baltimore....I just want to come out without any injuries.

As for GB....that was easily the best performance of the year by SF. Dominated in basically every facet...except I guess in pass protection early before they made the switch at Tackle. In fact, I think we've found such a gem in Brunskill, that maybe Staley's replacement is already on the roster.....but that's for another day.

Anyways....Baltimore. I say just keep sending a D-lineman to Jackson. Hit him a couple of times...even late....take a 15 yarder or two, and knock him around. They definitely showed up at the wrong time on the schedule as they're by far the hottest thing in the league right now.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I expect a loss in Baltimore....I just want to come out without any injuries.

As for GB....that was easily the best performance of the year by SF. Dominated in basically every facet...except I guess in pass protection early before they made the switch at Tackle. In fact, I think we've found such a gem in Brunskill, that maybe Staley's replacement is already on the roster.....but that's for another day.

Anyways....Baltimore. I say just keep sending a D-lineman to Jackson. Hit him a couple of times...even late....take a 15 yarder or two, and knock him around. They definitely showed up at the wrong time on the schedule as they're by far the hottest thing in the league right now.

No turnovers and we have a decent chance. no team is that hot every single week.

We can hope their starting Center was a HUGE loss - both run and pass. Then hope their short week gives them a sluggish start. These are not big factors i know, but anything helps.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect that they will lose both but would not be shocked if they won one; particularly the Saints game. They will be the underdog in both games.
If you are relying on a win in Seattle as your reason for having hope for the Niners I disagree 100%. That will be the very reason they end up as Wild Card unless someone else can beat Seattle for us.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No turnovers and we have a decent chance. no team is that hot every single week.

We can hope their starting Center was a HUGE loss - both run and pass. Then hope their short week gives them a sluggish start. These are not big factors i know, but anything helps.
Much better.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I expect that they will lose both but would not be shocked if they won one; particularly the Saints game. They will be the underdog in both games.
If you are relying on a win in Seattle as your reason for having hope for the Niners I disagree 100%. That will be the very reason they end up as Wild Card unless someone else can beat Seattle for us.

I'm not "relying" on a Seattle win, but saying that is a more important game than Ravens and Saints. If we want to win the West, odds are we have to beat Seattle in Seattle.

You can already assume we lost to Seattle, your choice, but i don't see why we can't win that game.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not "relying" on a Seattle win, but saying that is a more important game than Ravens and Saints. If we want to win the West, odds are we have to beat Seattle in Seattle.

You can already assume we lost to Seattle, your choice, but i don't see why we can't win that game.
Agreed. At least on the first paragraph. As for the second, our strength, the pass rush, has been negated by facing a mobile QB every time we've faced one. I don't expect that to change up in Seattle unless Seattle already has the division clinched by then which very well could happen if we lose to both Baltimore and New Orleans..

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. At least on the first paragraph. As for the second, our strength, the pass rush, has been negated by facing a mobile QB every time we've faced one. I don't expect that to change up in Seattle unless Seattle already has the division clinched by then which very well could happen if we lose to both Baltimore and New Orleans..

Your doom and gloom is tiresome for sure. Seattle basically need to have just about every break go their way in overtime to beat the 49ers without their two best pass catching options. Let them sell out to stop the run in week 17 Kittle and Sanders will have a field day.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

"negated"?! we had 5 sacks and 9 QB hits on Wilson in the first Seattle game?!

I believe we had at least 3 sacks in both Arizona games?

Overall, our D did a GOOD job against Seattle but it can't overcome an INT plus 2 fumbles.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"negated"?! we had 5 sacks and 9 QB hits on Wilson in the first Seattle game?!

I believe we had at least 3 sacks in both Arizona games?

Overall, our D did a GOOD job against Seattle but it can't overcome an INT plus 2 fumbles.

Yeah protecting the football is a key which they have done a better job of since then and getting Kittle, and Sanders back will help most of the young Wr's didn't play well against Seattle plus the other injured players that came back for that game will likely be sharper.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah protecting the football is a key which they have done a better job of since then and getting Kittle, and Sanders back will help most of the young Wr's didn't play well against Seattle plus the other injured players that came back for that game will likely be sharper.

Agreed so as it stands now, don't see why we can't beat Seattle. Not assuming we'll win nor claiming we should win, but we have as good a chance as they do.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your doom and gloom is tiresome for sure. Seattle basically need to have just about every break go their way in overtime to beat the 49ers without their two best pass catching options. Let them sell out to stop the run in week 17 Kittle and Sanders will have a field day.
My knowledge and accuracy about the 49ers probably is tiresome to someone like yourself who has none and is simply a fan boy
Your statements about the Seahawks are absurd. Look back and see how many times they dropped INTs right in their hands. They could have won going away. What you should be looking at are the results: 12 out of the last 13 times they’ve played the same team has won

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My knowledge and accuracy about the 49ers probably is tiresome to someone like yourself who has none and is simply a fan boy
Your statements about the Seahawks are absurd. Look back and see how many times they dropped INTs right in their hands. They could have won going away. What you should be looking at are the results: 12 out of the last 13 times they’ve played the same team has won

Let me sum up your knowledge of the 49ers. They are destined for the wild card and have no shot at winning the division. Seattle will dominate them as will the Ravens and Saints. You swing from high to low and post how great they are off the 49ers board so who's the fanboy.