• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers OTAs / Training Camp

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think that may be the case. When I read that piece that Whilhote was learning from Borland makes believe that Borland is going to fit very well into our system.

I'm starting to have off the chart expectations for Borland. Fangio didn't even want Aldon starting when he was playing at an MVP level his rookie year.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Who all do you follow on twitter for this. I have Matt and lynch

I occasionally glance at Maiocco and Barrows on Twitter, but I mostly rely on the articles on camp. I use ************ for articles.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just read Inman's piece on Lemonier. This was a head-scratcher:

A part-time player as a rookie, Lemonier has added 10 pounds of muscle and checked in Wednesday at 253 pounds.

Lemonier was 255 at the combine. Not sure how he added 10 pounds of muscle and yet weighs 2 pounds less.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Just read Inman's piece on Lemonier. This was a head-scratcher:

A part-time player as a rookie, Lemonier has added 10 pounds of muscle and checked in Wednesday at 253 pounds.

Lemonier was 255 at the combine. Not sure how he added 10 pounds of muscle and yet weighs 2 pounds less.

Only thing I could think of is if he lost weight before the season because he wasn't in top shape, and then this year with an offseason program added 10 pounds of muscle.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is torture. I'm ready for some football!! Season seems so far away!

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
what do you think the 49ers are going to do with the extra $10,000,000 they got on their books this year now that they restructured Brooks? Crabby gonna get his contract?

They don't have an "extra" 10M. They cleared up about 2M with the restructure, and the 9.9M that has floated out does not include the 2M Boone is scheduled to make. Brooks' restructure gave us an "extra" 2M and change.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baldwin is so useless at this point. Why keep him around?

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling he, Dobbs & maybe Lamichael James will be cut (although the last one isn't as likely now that Hunter's hurt). :(

We've handicapped ourselves a bit by not going after a legit KR/PR so now that Hunter is gone then LMJ has a chance which pisses me off.

As for Baldwin, I really cannot believe he is still around. He had 0% chance of making the team and isn't even likely to survive the first round of cuts.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We've handicapped ourselves a bit by not going after a legit KR/PR so now that Hunter is gone then LMJ has a chance which pisses me off.

As for Baldwin, I really cannot believe he is still around. He had 0% chance of making the team and isn't even likely to survive the first round of cuts.

I'm still upset about neglecting the KR/PR position. In particular, not drafting Dri Archer.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have high hopes for Tank, good to read he's doing well. Also cautiously optimistic about Morris developing into a real contributor. The Dial and Gabbert stuff is surprising to me (especially Gabbert) but great to read.

Not sure how to interpret the Aldon thing. Has he been impressive just by virtue of showing up and not being distracted by all his personal stuff? Or is he impressive for that, plus the fact that he's beasting on the field more than usual? If so, wow. If Aldon is actually better than he has been, this D could be really, really nasty.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I have high hopes for Tank, good to read he's doing well. Also cautiously optimistic about Morris developing into a real contributor. The Dial and Gabbert stuff is surprising to me (especially Gabbert) but great to read.

Not sure how to interpret the Aldon thing. Has he been impressive just by virtue of showing up and not being distracted by all his personal stuff? Or is he impressive for that, plus the fact that he's beasting on the field more than usual? If so, wow. If Aldon is actually better than he has been, this D could be really, really nasty.

I'm interested to see what happens with Gabbert. Even in Jacksonville he was typically a pretty good practice player. He just got overwhelmed by pass rush in live action. It will be interesting to see what he does behind a better OL. He could be another Jim Harbaugh reclamation project. It would be nice to rehab him and then trade him in a couple years.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tank must be the most anticipated 49ers to make his debut in a long time.... god I want to see him just destroy opposition.... or at least dent it.

Happy to read Dial is getting up... he could be really good for us if he comes through.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm interested to see what happens with Gabbert. Even in Jacksonville he was typically a pretty good practice player. He just got overwhelmed by pass rush in live action. It will be interesting to see what he does behind a better OL. He could be another Jim Harbaugh reclamation project. It would be nice to rehab him and then trade him in a couple years.

I've held similar views on this issue dating back from the time we signed him. Many people on here were somewhat happy with it simply for the fact that we knew it was an immediate upgrade over Colt.