• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers OTAs / Training Camp

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Kap is looking awesome. WRs have looked great. Secondary has look good with starters Brock and Cully. Cant wait for the season.

Nothing about the reports suggest to me that Kap is looking awesome. They suggest that he has looked good at times, and has really struggled at others. His accuracy was very shaky earlier in the week. Even yesterday, when he was apparently throwing the ball well, he wasn't able to convert third downs in a drill - granted with the OL and receivers apparently struggling a bit. I think it's pretty clear Kap and the offense are still very much a work in progress.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Nothing about the reports suggest to me that Kap is looking awesome. They suggest that he has looked good at times, and has really struggled at others. His accuracy was very shaky earlier in the week. Even yesterday, when he was apparently throwing the ball well, he wasn't able to convert third downs in a drill - granted with the OL and receivers apparently struggling a bit. I think it's pretty clear Kap and the offense are still very much a work in progress.

Wasn't he 21 for 24 or something? If that's the case, how many third downs did he not complete? Is he suppose to complete 100% of third downs? Were all three or four incompletions all 3rd downs? Maybe I have my practices mixed up since we are 5-6 in now?

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Kaepernick and the others had to dodge a large plastic ball that was rolled in their direction and then fire a pass into the net from about 15 yards away. The type of trajectory needed for a successful pass – a frozen rope in the middle of the field – fit Kaepernick's strength, and he went 4-4, albeit with a couple that were rattled through the rim.

There has been an echo of that drill in 11-on-11 situations as well. That is, Kaepernick is best when firing passes straight across the middle of the field -- on crossing patterns, for example -- and not quite as accurate on touch passes to the corners or sidelines.

Kaepernick, however, had a strong session today. While practicing the hurry-up offense, he hit Anquan Boldin twice on short receptions, then threw a nice sideline pass to Michael Crabtree for a first down. On the next play, Ward blitzed from his nickel cornerback spot but no one picked up Crabtree. Kaepernick easily hit him for a 50-plus yard touchdown.

Read more here: Training camp Day 5: Cook has interception, Kap passes accuracy test - 49ers - The Sacramento Bee

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wasn't he 21 for 24 or something? If that's the case, how many third downs did he not complete? Is he suppose to complete 100% of third downs? Were all three or four incompletions all 3rd downs? Maybe I have my practices mixed up since we are 5-6 in now?

They ran a third down specific drill yesterday, first team O against first team D. Kap ran four plays, each in a different third down scenario. The offense did not convert any. Not entirely on Kap, by any means. Particularly the first play, in which Aldon apparently blew up Staley. But Kap threw incomplete after that, then couldn't find receivers and scrambled until the play was blown dead (well short of the line to gain).

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess some posters are more in touch with the practices, who's playing first team NT? Dorsey I'm assuming...

are there any apparent wrinkles that one viewer or reader has picked out defensively?

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess some posters are more in touch with the practices, who's playing first team NT? Dorsey I'm assuming...

are there any apparent wrinkles that one viewer or reader has picked out defensively?

Dorsey is the NT Williams is on PUP. Ward could turn out to be a really good nickel cb. I think Borland wins the ILB job he has practiced well. I think we will run 1 high safety looks alot this year. Especially if Cook pans out.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please be him or Culliiver or Dorsey. :hope:

If it's Crabby I'll leave a flaming bag of poo on Baalke's door.

:agree: I wouldn't mind Crabs getting resigned but if we could lock up Iupati, Dorsey (cheap deal), Cully (cheap deal) that would be better then blowing our collect load on Crabs

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dorsey is the NT Williams is on PUP. Ward could turn out to be a really good nickel cb. I think Borland wins the ILB job he has practiced well. I think we will run 1 high safety looks alot this year. Especially if Cook pans out.

Do we have the CBs to run one safety high?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I'm not sure Fangio will trust a rookie unless he's head-and-shoulders above the vet, but Borland may force his hand.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure Fangio will trust a rookie unless he's head-and-shoulders above the vet, but Borland may force his hand.

I think Borland will be a solid presence in the middle with Willis... maybe not as quick or fast but a solid tackler nonetheless.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that may be the case. When I read that piece that Whilhote was learning from Borland makes believe that Borland is going to fit very well into our system.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
They ran a third down specific drill yesterday, first team O against first team D. Kap ran four plays, each in a different third down scenario. The offense did not convert any. Not entirely on Kap, by any means. Particularly the first play, in which Aldon apparently blew up Staley. But Kap threw incomplete after that, then couldn't find receivers and scrambled until the play was blown dead (well short of the line to gain).

Who all do you follow on twitter for this. I have Matt and lynch