• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers @ Cowboys

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing seems perfectly clear about this weekends playoff line-up.

Divisional round will be two AFC games on Saturday and the two NFC games scheduled for Sunday.

Go Cowboys!
GET THERE!!!!

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montana would have gotten unsportsmanlike after the play today. He got right in Too Tall's face.
And the play still would have counted. Yes the 9ers would have had to kick off closer thier GL, but then they probably dont squib kick it either.

Personally I wish they'd get rid of the damn taunting rule.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a 14 year old kid watching this. It was shocking. Then it looked like Pearson would pull off the miracle,but he got tackled. The catch i want to forget.

Alvin Harpers catch on the slant and huge RAC was payback.
That Harper catch & run exorcised a whole lot of demons…

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we got stuck with the least annoying crew. Collinsworth can be very annoying. He gets mancrushes on at least one player a game. Buck and Aikman also annoy me when they do Cowboys games. And ESPN /ABC are so annoying to make me want to press the mute button.
Buck doesn't bother me as much as he seems to bother others. I like he and Troy as a team. They genuinely work well together and don't show favorites and I think of the major "A" color guys Troy is the best. Collinsworth spends WAY too much time pushing his PFF garbage for my liking and I've become tired of Romo and his schtick. And I've already made my feelings on espen's team known.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for don't believe this, in fact i laughed about it.

Furthermore if its true, I'm pissed because it means Moore and the team willfully gave up the chance at the one seed.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The COWBOYS have proven the whole season......they can't run up the middle.......
Pollard needs outside runs. And the run game will be important.

The COWBOY'S defense needs to stop the 9ers running attack.
The 9ers ran the ball, ten consecutive times ,vs. the Rams. The Rams had no answer.

The COWBOYS need to knock off committing penalties.....Last I time checked, they were the worst in the league.

Our offensive tackles had better do a great job at pass protection........

And of course Dak, better get off to a fast start.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The COWBOYS have proven the whole season......they can't run up the middle.......

The 9ers ran the ball, ten consecutive times ,vs. the Rams. The Rams had no answer.

The COWBOYS need to knock off committing penalties.....Last I time checked, they were the worst in the league.

I may be mistaken but Deke went over 1000 yds last game. I doubt many were on the outside.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep...pretty much every Cowboy fan on this site has followed these teams throughout the year.

I am curious, while I clearly agree your QB has to play well way more often than not in the playoffs. Could you define "fast start"?
Does that mean first drive, 1st Qtr., or 1st half?

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect the TE's ability but to me, Deebo Samuel is the biggest concern for Sunday
As far as individual players go, I agree. But the thought of them running up and down the field on us to negate their QB disadvantage (throw 8 passes) as well as negate every great thing we do as a defense is my #1 concern.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as individual players go, I agree. But the thought of them running up and down the field on us to negate their QB disadvantage (throw 8 passes) as well as negate every great thing we do as a defense is my #1 concern.
I agree Husker. That's where faith in Quinn comes in. I think it's safe to say the defense will be coached up to niner schemes. I'm not sure we've had that level of a playing field on the defensive side of the ball for playoff football since maybe Wade??

It's going to boil down to player execution cause I think we'll match up just fine in the X's & O's department.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Furthermore if its true, I'm pissed because it means Moore and the team willfully gave up the chance at the one seed.
This thought crossed my mind. Seems a little far fetched though. Much of it is Dak audibling out of running plays IMO.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a good game either way. Niners have a better D and Cowboys offense is better. Cowboys haven’t been very great outside the NFC East this year so hopefully the Niners ground game can wear them down. Jimmy needs to show up early and not dig a hole or it could get ugly.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had to look outside to see if the sky was falling because I totally agree with this :D

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be mistaken but Deke went over 1000 yds last game. I doubt many were on the outside.
For some perspective, Zeke averaged 59 yards per game

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys 3-3 vs playoff teams
SF 4-4 vs playoff teams

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I totally agree with the main premise of the article. Dak and our offense have looked confused over the last half season. What I have seen reminds me of what we were doing with Romo. Go to the line. Read the defense. Keep or audible play. Defense shifts at the snap. Offense in trouble. How many times did we watch Romo walk up, count the guys in the box and keep or call the play and take it down to a couple seconds where he couldn't switch again and the defense knowing we do this every single play then just switched it up right before the snap. This works when the defense isn't expecting it, but when you do it so often it becomes predictable. This has been the case this year IMO as well.

Moore and Dak need to figure this out. Perhaps it's as simple as faking the audible and keeping the play a few times. Or perhaps it's just the mentality to dictate the play and not be so reactive all of the time. Yes, Football 101 is you exploit matchups, but if you do this every play it becomes obvious what you are doing. I think we have enough talent on Offense (and especially with Smith back) that we can be a little more confident in our ability to execute and win our one on one battles. When we have run with McGovern in the backfield it has worked well even though the defense knows it's coming. When we have thrown the ball in 4 wide it has worked even though the defense is looking pass. Moore is a smart guy but sometimes Football is more about ability and strength than smarts and I thin we need to have a mix of both

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To clarify, I know all NFL teams do this and for good reason. I just feel like we do it more than others and it makes us predictable