• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers @ Cowboys

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My story too. One stent
and no more smoke or drink. Glad you got through it. Hang in and take best of care.

Glad you made it through as well and take care of yourself too, my friend

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad you made it through as well and take care of yourself too, my friend
It had been a struggle this year. My wife and sister passed away. Have to take care.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be right, but let me ask you this, and I'll respect what you have to say...if the coaching staffs were flipped and Shanahan had been in charge of the Cowboys and McCarthy the Niners, do you think the outcome would have been the same? Because I personally think Dallas would have blown them out
hell, my opinion has no more value than any other fan but is it Shanahan Vs McCarthy or was it the coaching staffs? Did Moore match Shanny? Did Quinn? Are you shocked the other staff had a better feel for this game? I'm sorry, I sorta defended Garratt a few years as well. IT's THE FUCKING CULTURE. It's the Jones family, the way they approach a few wins, and strut their ass around like their team has arrived. IT BREEDS CONTENT. This team talks and talks but they don't lay it on the line. Been that way a long time. Talent with questionable heart showed itself again. The whole team looked like beggers towards the end, all they need is the tin cup.

I didn't expect to win this game. I hoped for the best but after the last decade or so, I expect the worst at the most inopportune time. That has been Dallas Cowboy football. Fans go 12-5, whip the low life east and expect a super bowl. It happens every year this team makes the playoffs. After 2016, I expect nothing. SHOW ME, like the entire state of Missouri likes to say

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont have anything really......seems to be the most undisciplined/penalized team in the NFL over the last 25 years, by far. Credit the Niners they won, even though Jimmy G tried to help keep us in it.

Defense didn't have a great. game, Diggs looked scared/hurt and the offense never got anything going. Dad missed throws, for a while it seemed Ced Wilson was the only receiver on the field. Pollard was not even used in this one.

Just a bad game all around for the Cowboys. Plenty of blame to go around for everyone. I have seen enough of Conor Williams though, forever

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen enough of Conor Williams
me too

I will say with regards to McCarthy's game management. Why the hell with the 2-minute warning and three time outs do you rush a play just before the 2 minute warning? only to face a 3rd and 10. Why not no rush to the line, take the 2 minute T O and come up with a good play with TWO additional plays if needed instead of one.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hell, my opinion has no more value than any other fan but is it Shanahan Vs McCarthy or was it the coaching staffs? Did Moore match Shanny? Did Quinn? Are you shocked the other staff had a better feel for this game? I'm sorry, I sorta defended Garratt a few years as well. IT's THE FUCKING CULTURE. It's the Jones family, the way they approach a few wins, and strut their ass around like their team has arrived. IT BREEDS CONTENT. This team talks and talks but they don't lay it on the line. Been that way a long time. Talent with questionable heart showed itself again. The whole team looked like beggers towards the end, all they need is the tin cup.

I didn't expect to win this game. I hoped for the best but after the last decade or so, I expect the worst at the most inopportune time. That has been Dallas Cowboy football. Fans go 12-5, whip the low life east and expect a super bowl. It happens every year this team makes the playoffs. After 2016, I expect nothing. SHOW ME, like the entire state of Missouri likes to say

I feel bad for the Parsons kid. He isn't content, he has heart and he plays his tail off. Wish the rest played with as much heart but I agree with the CULTURE piece. You don't get penalized at the rate this team does without that being part of your culture as well. Still waiting for someone to come in and. fix that, it costs them dearly too many times

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
me too

I will say with regards to McCarthy's game management. Why the hell with the 2-minute warning and three time outs do you rush a play just before the 2 minute warning? only to face a 3rd and 10. Why not no rush to the line, take the 2 minute T O and come up with a good play with TWO additional plays if needed instead of one.
Good question

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
me too

I thought that was a mistake too

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The culture really has been an issue. Even in regards to players, we have not had that Michael Irvin, alpha, I'm going to stab the next guy that misses a tackle or runs the wrong route type of guy.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It had been a struggle this year. My wife and sister passed away. Have to take care.

Yes sir and sorry to hear of the loss of your wife and sister

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a hard gig when you are a fan of this team anymore. You want to stay positive, but its hard to see an end to the mediocrity. I felt like the game would go EXACTLY like it did...we shoot ourselves in the foot with penalties at the worst possible time and we fight back only to choke away a chance at the end.
Sadly, the owner isn't going anywhere. A strong (very strong) Head Coach is about all we can hope for IMO. We don't have one right now

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Great post. Death by Jerrah! The culture and stardom that surrounds them and the lush environment that they are constantly in from training camp in California to the Start now to Hard Knox, is likely to be cause of our demises since 1996. However, the poor game planning, the poor clock management, too much Zeke and not enough Pollard, too many dumb penalties, horrible play from a guard who won back his spot point to coaching errors that contributed significantly to the W for the 49ers. And oh Dak was below average and missed open guys and us now 1-3 in playoff games. Dak loads up his stats to the worse teams teams in the league and then plays below average against good defenses.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
me too

No question

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A strong (very strong) Head Coach is about all we can hope for IMO. We don't have one right now
I said this a couple of seasons back. What self-respecting pro coach would take this job and do well with the Jones family? Would Rivera have worked better? How bout the Baylor coach who went to Carolina? Was the OU coach the missing ling to overcome Jerry & Stephen?

Parcells tried to restore the luster, got a few wins and Jerry pushed him out with his requirements. Can't and won't stay in the backseat. Jerry & Stephen both do a weekly radio show twice each week during the season. They are the Cowboys and make darn sure everyone see's that. Jerry told that to Jimmy way back in the day. Jerry made darn sure HE IS THE DALLAS COWBOYS

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post. Death by Jerrah! The culture and stardom that surrounds them and the lush environment that they are constantly in from training camp in California to the Start now to Hard Knox, is likely to be cause of our demises since 1996. However, the poor game planning, the poor clock management, too much Zeke and not enough Pollard, too many dumb penalties, horrible play from a guard who won back his spot point to coaching errors that contributed significantly to the W for the 49ers. And oh Dak was below average and missed open guys and us now 1-3 in playoff games. Dak loads up his stats to the worse teams teams in the league and then plays below average against good defenses.
I'm sorry man. I know you toot the lacking Dak often, but I'd shudder to think what this team would be without Prescott. I guess we'd be washington.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question
do you see McCarthy as the only clueless coach on our sideline? Do you think others were saying let the clock run? Do you think McCarthy pulled rank and pushed to get the play in? I don't know but I know Moore is not ready to be a head coach...least IMO he's not

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you see McCarthy as the only clueless coach on our sideline? Do you think others were saying let the clock run? Do you think McCarthy pulled rank and pushed to get the play in? I don't know but I know Moore is not ready to be a head coach...least IMO he's not
I personally think Moore is in over his head. Tries to get to cute in critical situations, gets away from the run game too quickly...And I think McCarthy has always been terrible at clock management. The one thing he was good at was play calling, but Jerry tied his hands on that front by forcing him to let Moore call plays. I think that when Dan Quinn filled in for McCarthy, just in that one week, having a guy like that, a strong, aggressive leader in charge..there was a noticeable difference in how we played. If Jerry were gonna let McCarthy go and let Quinn have the job or someone strong from the outside, I'm good with it. If he plans to promote Moore, might as well keep McCarthy. Moore as HC would equal no playoffs next year IMO

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think Moore is in over his head. Tries to get to cute in critical situations, gets away from the run game too quickly...And I think McCarthy has always been terrible at clock management. The one thing he was good at was play calling, but Jerry tied his hands on that front by forcing him to let Moore call plays. I think that when Dan Quinn filled in for McCarthy, just in that one week, having a guy like that, a strong, aggressive leader in charge..there was a noticeable difference in how we played. If Jerry were gonna let McCarthy go and let Quinn have the job or someone strong from the outside, I'm good with it. If he plans to promote Moore, might as well keep McCarthy. Moore as HC would equal no playoffs next year IMO
Hey...I'm numb to hiring another coach. I know it wasn't all that long ago Quinn wasn't considered strong with his OC's play calling.

Funny....his OC more than learned the value of the running game after that SB debacle

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That last play was inexcusable. You don't run down the middle with no timeouts and less than 15 seconds like ever. You pass then pass then maybe one last pass. Dak has been a QB long enough to know this.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That last play was inexcusable. You don't run down the middle with no timeouts and less than 15 seconds like ever. You pass then pass then maybe one last pass. Dak has been a QB long enough to know this.
I don’t know of a single one of us who supported that one, Jim. And listening to McCarthy and players suggesting they believed NY would review it is even more inane.