• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers and Dolphins Blockbuster Trade

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have enough to trade up unless your getting rid of a DT and L Collins.
I guess we're done with the TH dream

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont want to trade up this year, but eventually we will probably have to. I don't see us being 3-13 under Ron.

My best guess is Fitz in 21 and 22 and then a big move up in the draft or a FA.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing Shanahan move on from Jimmy G and McVay move on from Goff, created a sobering fact for me.

Fitz is gonna be fun and we'll move the ball, but in truth, we still dont have QB and I don't see a path to getting one. Next year is a bad QB draft.

Shanahan and McVay are some of the smartest and most innovative coaches in the league and they moved on from guys that would probably start here.
Upgrade, upgrade, upgrade, and I've been saying it for years! Standing pat simply because you have "the best QB that's been here for years" isn't enough when you can improve at the position. Think about what each of these guys have done, Kyle has Jimmy G and moved on, well potentially has done so, McVay looked at Goff and also upgraded. Washington's issue has been zero vision as to what such an improvement looks like. I believe that RR and company understand what a serious upgrade looks like and will soon make a move to get a top notch QB as predicted. I'm pretty sure that it will be closer to the draft despite the ongoing activity.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We dont need a future qb yet can we just get to 8 and 8 or 9 and 7

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont want to trade up this year, but eventually we will probably have to. I don't see us being 3-13 under Ron.

My best guess is Fitz in 21 and 22 and then a big move up in the draft or a FA.
Help me out with this please, next year the QB crop will be putrid at best, Fitz is on a one year deal and waiting for 2023 wastes two years of aging talent waiting for time to pass while being mired in mediocrity or worse. Jobs will be on the line at that point and all will be wasted changing once again your HC and staff. Why don't you want to trade up or trade for a QB now?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We dont need a future qb yet can we just get to 8 and 8 or 9 and 7
With what this team currently has, no more than seven games will be won, but more likely 5 or 6. BTW; they play 17 games starting this year so perhaps you meant 8-9, 9-8, 10-7 and that's if the ball really, really, bounces their way.

Last edited:

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upgrade, upgrade, upgrade, and I've been saying it for years! Standing pat simply because you have "the best QB that's been here for years" isn't enough when you can improve at the position. Think about what each of these guys have done, Kyle has Jimmy G and moved on, well potentially has done so, McVay looked at Goff and also upgraded. Washington's issue has been zero vision as to what such an improvement looks like. I believe that RR and company understand what a serious upgrade looks like and will soon make a move to get a top notch QB as predicted. I'm pretty sure that it will be closer to the draft despite the ongoing activity.
Bruh, what do you know? Spill it already. lol

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Help me out with this please, next year the QB crop will be putrid at best, Fitz is on a one year deal and waiting for 2023 wastes two years of aging talent waiting for time to pass while being mired in mediocrity or worse. Jobs will be on the line at that point and all will be wasted changing once again your HC and staff. Why don't you want to trade up or trade for a QB now?

I wouldn't mind trading up for Fields, but Lance imo would be a major gamble. I think it would take us getting to #2 to get Fields or Wilson, and trading up to get to #4 probably leaves us Lance. If Lance bust, Ron gets fired.

Look what it cost to move from 12 to 3.

Now imagine what it's gonna take to move from 19 to 2.

It's just a messed up situation we are in right now. I wouldn't take the playoff berth away. We got some good experience, found out Taylor can play a little and kept Dan at Bay.

That said it would have been a hell of alot easier to move to 2 if we're were sitting at 10.

I'm not even going to pretend that I know which one of these QBs are gonna hit or bust. It's a gamble but it's one we are eventually gonna have to take.

Trade a lot for a vet.
Trade a lot to move up.
Spend 40m on a vet.

One of those three is gonna have to happen very soon if we plan on taking the next step.

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind trading up for Fields, but Lance imo would be a major gamble. I think it would take us getting to #2 to get Fields or Wilson, and trading up to get to #4 probably leaves us Lance. If Lance bust, Ron gets fired.

Look what it cost to move from 12 to 3.

No imagine what it's gonna take to move from 19 to 2.

It's just a messed up situation we are in right now. I wouldn't take the playoff berth away. We got some good experience, found out Taylor can play a little and kept Dan at Bay.

That said it would have been a hell of alot easier to move to 2 if we're were sitting at 10.
I would definitely take that play-off game away, Philly tanked that last game just to get that 6 spot but Washington isn't Philly, they have integrity and losing in order to win is beneath them. How did that work out for Miami? (Tank for Tua)

I agree, Washington is in a messed up situation, but that too, isn't new. It has been a perpetual middle of the pack team with no vision or interest in doing what's necessary in order to acquire or develop top notched QB'ing talent. For all the bluster here Kirk Cousins was and is another in a long line of middle of the pack QB's. (Said that for a friend!:D)

Fear of what something costs is a difficult thing to overcome except for those who realize what's gained. Classic example is a fear of getting fired. Take your example here about Lance and if he's a bust. I agree, but isn't it equally likely that firings will happen because of a poor record if no move is made?

I'll just say this, Ron Rivera isn't known as "Riverboat Ron" because he's afraid, Washington will make the move to get their guy and it's gonna cost. I know that people will be unhappy giving up what they will in order to do that, but, like I said, once done, think about what's gained.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody was bitching about those 1st when RG3 was running a 70yd TD vs the Vikings. lol

Point we'll taken

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If next years qbs are going to be bad anyway, and the WFT doesnt have the draft capital to trade up to get one, then pick up a qb who needs a little seasoning in the second or third round that you like, and have them sit behind the qbs that are left on the roster.

There’s no need to break the bank competing with other teams for the rights of one guy. It’s not like the niners are just a qb away.

I think RR’s handling this offseason quite well, actually.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No complaints. Love our off-season so far, but we gotta go get a really good QB in the next two years if we want to make a run at winning a SB. Thats the goal right?

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course that’s the goal.

I dont follow college football, but I know enough to know that there are other qbs who, for one reason or another, arent projected as first rounders, but might still be above average qb’s.

Trask?Monds? The dude from Stamford? I know nothing about any of them.

There’s some qb out there who isnt prototypical, but still will be a tremendous qb with a year or two of learning from the bench.

shit, the WTF has something like 18464829101 people in charge now. Find the fucking quarterback, squad!!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If next years qbs are going to be bad anyway, and the WFT doesnt have the draft capital to trade up to get one, then pick up a qb who needs a little seasoning in the second or third round that you like, and have them sit behind the qbs that are left on the roster.

There’s no need to break the bank competing with other teams for the rights of one guy. It’s not like the niners are just a qb away.

I think RR’s handling this offseason quite well, actually.
Ideally spot on, if this was any team other than Washington I would agree. Take a look at how they've "handled" QB's who were talented but truly needed to sit and learn. Not a good track record doing that.

Now, here's what I really want to say about that. Any QB taken in the 1st or 2nd round will already be better than anyone on the roster. The historical temptation (Dan, fan, coach or or all three) to start this player will be as usual, too great to resist and as such ruin any chance for that player to develop properly. Your truly "sit 'em" draftee are guys taken later in the draft. The problems with these guys are that they also are rarely better than what you already have. Our fellow poster @kbso83432, said it best and I quote.. "It's just a messed up situation we are in right now." "Right now" being the key part of that sentiment is subject to change fairly soon.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for shits and giggles I went to PFF simulator and tried to trade up.

I couldn't find a way to get #2 away from the Jets. Even offered our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for the next three years and still got rejected.

However, I was able to get #4 from Atlanta and all I had to give up was 19, 51, and our 1st next year. Fields was sitting there at 4.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for shits and giggles I went to PFF simulator and tried to trade up.

I couldn't find a way to get #2 away from the Jets. Even offered our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for the next three years and still got rejected.

However, I was able to get #4 from Atlanta and all I had to give up was 19, 51, and our 1st next year. Fields was sitting there at 4.
Jets aren't trading Darnold...Yet

If they were S.F. would have completed that deal instead of settling for pick #3. I have no doubt that they contacted the Jets about pick number 2 first.