• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49er transactions (Alex Smith Full Contract Details in First Post)

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
been hoping for a slot receiver whether free agency or draft, Eddie Royal could fill that role. does Manningham run those shorter type routes? can he be effective in shorter range, ie getting open quickly?

don't think he ran those routes in NY, but i'll ask first?

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
been hoping for a slot receiver whether free agency or draft, Eddie Royal could fill that role. does Manningham run those shorter type routes? can he be effective in shorter range, ie getting open quickly?

don't think he ran those routes in NY, but i'll ask first?

No Manningham please. I want Eddie Royal.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No Manningham please. I want Eddie Royal.

from my limited perspective, agree Eddie Royal is the next guy to add. then you have an outside guy in Moss, and an inside guy in Royal. Davis, Crabtree, etc. will fill in the gaps. don't have to force Royal but like the fact he's visiting.

granted, Moss is only signed for 1 year so they MIGHT be looking at Manningham (or other WR) long term? if they get a good player in this scenario, fine.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
from my limited perspective, agree Eddie Royal is the next guy to add. then you have an outside guy in Moss, and an inside guy in Royal. Davis, Crabtree, etc. will fill in the gaps. don't have to force Royal but like the fact he's visiting.

granted, Moss is only signed for 1 year so they MIGHT be looking at Manningham (or other WR) long term? if they get a good player in this scenario, fine.

Please no Manningham as the long term WR. Draft two instead.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't we just let go of a Manningham type WR in Morgan? I would see this acquisition as a lateral move with the only advantage being monetary if we can get Manningham for less than ~6m.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
60 rec 944 yards 15.7avg 9 TDs two season ago. I'll take that. MM is no chopped liver.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the people saying no MM, give me a break, he is the one guy that beat the 49ers and furthermore he was fighting for balls against Nicks and Cruz. Manningham is better then Crabtree

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Why are the Giants letting him walk then?

1 word: expendable.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the people saying no MM, give me a break, he is the one guy that beat the 49ers and furthermore he was fighting for balls against Nicks and Cruz. Manningham is better then Crabtree

Perhaps he is capable to rise to the next level - I think he is better than Lobsterbush in traffic - so maybe he just needs more opportunities to put up monster stats.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps he is capable to rise to the next level - I think he is better than Lobsterbush in traffic - so maybe he just needs more opportunities to put up monster stats.

I'll take the level he already rose to when he got more play.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take the level he already rose to when he got more play.

I agree im all for Manningham. As long as they dont spend really big to get him. Technically Manningham has the right to become our 1st WR and just might be our 1st WR with the unknown that is Moss and how old he is.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are two completely different styles of players. So that is tough to compare. I view Crabtree as a slow, powerful, possession type player. MM has field speed and can go deep over the top and get in the endzone.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are two completely different styles of players. So that is tough to compare. I view Crabtree as a slow, powerful, possession type player. MM has field speed and can go deep over the top and get in the endzone.

So you would envision Moss & Manningham outside the #'s and Crabtree as our #3 in the slot?