• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49er transactions (Alex Smith Full Contract Details in First Post)

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not a fan of bringing Lloyd back here at all. I think that's a little much from a character standpoint.

I'd rather go with a low key signing like Andre Caldwell and go after a mid round WR in Jenkins or Hemingway.

Yeah...I've been thinking the same thing...not only that, isn't it a bit "taboo" to come back to the team that first traded you? He did NOT do well in WA after that.

9 years have passed, but he hasn't had a good season other than in 2010 when he was with Orton. His 3rd season with the 49ers and this past year with the Rams were decent but, but below Crabs. He has yet to prove any consistency and he has been injury prone. Not sure I'd like a low key signing, after signing Moss, to a very frugal deal, we need to think bigger. Smith needs somebody other than a misfit to throw to, something that will either confirm his critics or silence them

Why do we need another Crabtree...albeit a more "mature" version?

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lloyd can run routes and catch balls. crabtree isn't even in the same league.

and if lloyd isn't gonna catch it, he just ducks

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I love you so much Ian, I will keep the first post updated so you have more time for your girlfriend.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from Eminem:
Things to watch for Day 3 of free agency . . .

--Manningham is definitely an option for the 49ers -- depending on what it'll take to sign him. Also, receiving options Early Doucet (Arizona) and Eddie Royal (Denver) remain available. The 49ers have already visited with Chaz Schilens and Brandon Lloyd, according to sources. Ted Ginn visited the Detroit Lions on Wednesday, and the 49ers have nobody reliable right now to handle kickoff and punt returns. Royal, a skilled return man, is scheduled to visit San Diego on Thursday.

--The 49ers are in the market for help at running back. Mike Tolbert (San Diego) is slated to visit with the Kansas City Chiefs, who signed Peyton Hillis to a one-year deal. If Tolbert remains out there, he's someone who could interest the 49ers.

--Right now, Daniel Kilgore is the front-runner for the 49ers' starting job at right guard. But expect the 49ers to bring in some veteran to compete with the youngster.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
from Eminem:

--Manningham is definitely an option for the 49ers -- depending on what it'll take to sign him. Also, receiving options Early Doucet (Arizona) and Eddie Royal (Denver) remain available. The 49ers have already visited with Chaz Schilens and Brandon Lloyd, according to sources. Ted Ginn visited the Detroit Lions on Wednesday, and the 49ers have nobody reliable right now to handle kickoff and punt returns. Royal, a skilled return man, is scheduled to visit San Diego on Thursday.

--The 49ers are in the market for help at running back. Mike Tolbert (San Diego) is slated to visit with the Kansas City Chiefs, who signed Peyton Hillis to a one-year deal. If Tolbert remains out there, he's someone who could interest the 49ers.

--Right now, Daniel Kilgore is the front-runner for the 49ers' starting job at right guard. But expect the 49ers to bring in some veteran to compete with the youngster.

Get it done! He's one of my favorite realistic players that's come available in quite some time.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get it done! He's one of my favorite realistic players that's come available in quite some time.

Would be a great signing. Big punishing back. We would have Hunter as a quicker guy, Gore is a little of both, then the big guy. Can even do some stuff with him as a fullback to really keep defenses guessing.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Additions:

Signed Randy Moss to 1 year deal that counts $1.75M against the cap. Incentives could push it to $4M
Re-signed Carlos Rogers to a 4 year deal. Contract details still unknown.
Signed Parrish Cox to 2 year deal for vet minimum.

Interest:

Interest was expressed in CBs Eric Wright and Brandon Carr until we decided to re-sign Rogers.
Chaz Schilens and Brandon Lloyd visited March 14th. Schilens is visiting the Jets next. Lloyd and NE expected to talk now after some thought they wouldn't.
Interest has been expressed in Eddie Royal.
Leonard Davis visited on March 14th.
Interest was expressed in Laurent Robinson but he signed with the Jags.
Mario Manningham is visiting March 15th.
OL Geoff Schwartz might visit after the weekend of March 17th. Attending a wedding. He has visits lined up with the Lions and Chiefs.

Goners:

Adam Snyder signed 5 year deal with the Cardinals.
Blake Costanzo signed 2 year deal with the Browns.
Shawntae Spencer released.

Still out there:
Tedd Ginn is visiting the Lions.
Alex Smith is masturbating.

LMFAO!!!

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from Eminem:

--Manningham is definitely an option for the 49ers -- depending on what it'll take to sign him. Also, receiving options Early Doucet (Arizona) and Eddie Royal (Denver) remain available.

Finally a mention of Doucet.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This thread has gotten quite long but imac may be interested in this.

Maiocco:

Within minutes of release becoming official, ex-49ers CB Shawntae Spencer told me he received phone call from Texans DBs coach Vance Joseph.

Joseph was with the 49ers from '05-'10. In '05 he was the assistant secondary coach. The following year he was promoted to secondary coach and shared duties with Johnnie Lynn until '10, when Lynn left football due to personal reasons. Joseph is very well respected.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I want Royal and Tolbert, and a RG.

Do you think Leonard Davis has anything left in the tank after sitting in the couch the past year?