• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 4) Philadelphia 76ers vs. 5) Toronto Raptors

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers in 7

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the drama just going into this series, we're totally heading towards the Sixers flaming out, Doc getting fired, and then Doc getting hired by the Lakers. :L

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the drama just going into this series, we're totally heading towards the Sixers flaming out, Doc getting fired, and then Doc getting hired by the Lakers. :L
Very plausible, yes :nod:

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to be fun to watch. Raps don't have a true C but have like 7 dudes who are 6'8 or so. This could be a nightmare scenario for the Sixers. Oh, and Nick Nurse. Must watch TV.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason I think if the Sixers win this series they might go all the way.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A layer of this matchup I’m not liking is when you shake out defensive coverage for the Sixers, the best option on Siakam is Embiid. That’s a dangerous dynamic with NBA officials. I fear there will be at least one game where Embiid’s minutes will reduced because of foul trouble early. I hope Doc has a rotation that has BBall Paul and Embiid on the floor at the same time. BBall Paul held his own vs Giannis earlier this year (4-14 from the field). Here’s the problem: Doc hates playing young players. You pretty much have to be Tyrese Maxey and leave no doubt that you have to be in the rotation for Doc to play you if you’re a young player. Maxey’s bench minutes were a big part of the Game 6 victory last year vs the Hawks. Doc turns around and only gives Maxey 6 minutes in Game 7.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason I think if the Sixers win this series they might go all the way.
Yooo! It sounds crazy but I was just saying this to my friend the other day. In terms of matchups, of all the teams in the East it’s Toronto that is built to exploit Sixers weaknesses. If they can get past these guys I think they have a good matchup with the Heat. If they beat the Raptors and the Heat I’ll likely feel pretty good going into a matchup with Bos/Nets/Bucks

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A layer of this matchup I’m not liking is when you shake out defensive coverage for the Sixers, the best option on Siakam is Embiid. That’s a dangerous dynamic with NBA officials. I fear there will be at least one game where Embiid’s minutes will reduced because of foul trouble early. I hope Doc has a rotation that has BBall Paul and Embiid on the floor at the same time. BBall Paul held his own vs Giannis earlier this year (4-14 from the field). Here’s the problem: Doc hates playing young players. You pretty much have to be Tyrese Maxey and leave no doubt that you have to be in the rotation for Doc to play you if you’re a young player. Maxey’s bench minutes were a big part of the Game 6 victory last year vs the Hawks. Doc turns around and only gives Maxey 6 minutes in Game 7.
Same. If Toronto has any chance in this series it will be all D and coaching.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yooo! It sounds crazy but I was just saying this to my friend the other day. In terms of matchups, of all the teams in the East it’s Toronto that is built to exploit Sixers weaknesses. If they can get past these guys I think they have a good matchup with the Heat. If they beat the Raptors and the Heat I’ll likely feel pretty good going into a matchup with Bos/Nets/Bucks
I think so as well. You have a great team but with a statistical nightmare matchup in the first. Get through it and anything can happen.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same. If Toronto has any chance in this series it will be all D and coaching.
I give the Raptors the coaching edge in this story. Not sure why Nurse doesn’t get more love. For me, he’s one of the top head coaches in the league. Just realized that you’re a Raptors fan. Quick glance I saw the Eagles and just made the assumption. Good luck in the series. Much respect for your team and franchise. Kawhi sent my guys packing in 2019 and the best compliment I can give is that despite that, I have more respect than sports hate for the Raptors and the way they run their business and the team oriented product they put on the floor.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so as well. You have a great team but with a statistical nightmare matchup in the first. Get through it and anything can happen.
Raptors are a terror on the offensive glass and the Sixers have struggled to keep teams off the offensive glass all year. They also have a ton of “long guys” that play great team defense behind the schemes of a great defensive mind in Nurse. You can never get comfortable with them because they employ so many different looks in the defensive end.