• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 4) Philadelphia 76ers vs. 5) Toronto Raptors

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, he does appear to throw his left elbow and forearm out against a defender who appeared to be trying to avoid contact, he didn't connect though. But I could see where the ref would think he did.

This is why the NBA needs to change the challenge rules. Having no more challenges, even after a sucessful one is crazy, imo. That call could have ended up being a problem for the Sixers if Harden ended up in foul trouble later in the game.

Obviously they can't be stopping the game a bunch of times to challenge calls, but they should have more than 1 challenge.
I hear ya. I don't demand perfection. This example is one call in a 6 game series. It happens. My major point is how multiple crews allowed Siakam to utilize this clear push off all series long some 5-6 times a game and yet not a single call all series long. That's the shit that's ass and why NBA officials generally get shit on more than most officials in the major sports.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya. I don't demand perfection. This example is one call in a 6 game series. It happens. My major point is how multiple crews allowed Siakam to utilize this clear push off all series long some 5-6 times a game and yet not a single call all series long. That's the shit that's ass and why NBA officials generally get shit on more than most officials in the major sports.

Yeah, I kind of see it as a version of a team getting a pass on certain things because they have a "physical style". That happens in most sports to some degree.

The Legion of Boom on the Seahawks committed a lot of holds and PI's, but had the attitude of "they aren't going to call everything" so they got away with a lot because of that.

The MLB version would be different pitchers having different strike zones.

Same thing happens in the NBA. A player who is known as a "physical player" is going to get away with more physical play while a player known as a "finesse player" will get away with travels, carries, etc.