• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #4 Oklahoma vs LA Tech

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They probably want Knight to get some in game experience considering last year the most experience he had was the Sugar Bowl. Although he started the beginning of the year, he didn't get a whole lot of playing time most of the season. Ill bet after that TD they will pull him though.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that Cody Thomas is out for this game...so :noidea:

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas just exploded with hate.

33 spread and LA tech scored last 30 seconds.

48-16

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got back from the game. Place was packed.

My assessment.

The refs made some god awful calls. Lets just get that out of the way.

We are fucking LOADED at running back. Perine is a beast. Maybe the best of the three carrying the rock. Looks like we have a power running game this year.

O-line looked really good, but that La Tech D line wasn't particularly imposing. Basically they did what they should to a team like that.

Knight looked good but not great. Made some excellent passes and was overall confident and solid. Should've had a couple more TD's His receivers dropped some passes the should've caught, but he had a couple goofs as well. A decent enough start to the season but he needs to improve that 55% completion percentage. Looks like they'll utilize his threat to run more than they'll actually run him.

Receivers:
Shepard was awesome. Looks like he's ready to be knight's go to guy. Neal made a couple nice grabs. KJ Young had some nice catches as well. Smallwood had some bad drops. That's. Not gonna get it done. Knight is going to need some additional options and it looks like he might have a couple. The running game looks like it's going to take some pressure off the receivers as well.

Bell looked comfortable as a blocker. I liked how they were utilizing him kind of as a hybrid tight end/fullback. Too bad that DB was all over him. I wanted him to get that TD.

Defense looks awesome. Would like to see the pass rush improve a bit. La Tech QB had too much time at times to throw the ball.

Anyone know why Alexander sat out the 2nd half?

2nd team DB's need some work.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too spent to post after getting home last night. My thoughts from the game is OU is built from the inside out. Both lines are pure gold. The verdict is still out on Trevor Knight. Made some great throws and missed some easy throw's. OU has a three headed monster at running back finally.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too spent to post after getting home last night. My thoughts from the game is OU is built from the inside out. Both lines are pure gold. The verdict is still out on Trevor Knight. Made some great throws and missed some easy throw's. OU has a three headed monster at running back finally.

Knight is good. Question is, is he sugar bowl good? Time will tell. If our backs and O line are as good as they look he might not have to be sugar bowl good.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the coach's show and Stoops played a ton of Freshman this weekend. Also not a single Senior at the Qb, Rb, or Wr posistions.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the coach's show and Stoops played a ton of Freshman this weekend. Also not a single Senior at the Qb, Rb, or Wr posistions.

Exciting isn't it?