• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4 more years of RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a NTC?
Wow.. Rutherford goes all in to keep Tuomo. Don't have a lot of those around here.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Canes Now - Ruutu agrees to four-year extension | newsobserver.com blogs

Tuomo Ruutu is staying with the Carolina Hurricanes.

Ruutu and the Canes agreed Wednesday on a four-year contract extension that will pay the forward an average of $4.75 million a year. The deal will pay Ruutu $4 million in 2012-13, and $5 million per season in the 2013-14, 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons.

"It was an easy decision to make," Ruutu said. "I trusted my heart, trusted my feelings. like the people around me: my teammates, coaches, all the staff. I want to be comfortable wherever I am and I'm very comfortable here.
"I also want to win a Stanley Cup and I believe we can win here. They've won it once, been to the Cup finals, been to the (Eastern) conference finals, and all in a short history. I believe we will have the talent and the team chemistry to win the Cup. You have to have both and I believe we will."
Ruutu's new contract includes a no-trade clause the first three years, general manager Jim Rutherford said.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only have one thing to say about this ridiculous contract. FUCK YOU JIM RUTHERFORD.

I knew the Isles chances of resigning P.A. Parenteau weren't good to begin with. Now he's going to think he's worth 5 million per at the very least.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that the Canes need to spend to make sure they hit the cap floor (though they have a better financial situation now I hear? Something about investors for Thewe's...I dunno), but it really just hurts the league to have these deals. Overspending can't become the norm.

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow

awful lot of hatred here

It's not like he got a 17 yr deal that fucks up the cap and circumvents a CBA or anything. It's a pretty straightforward deal.

Jim Rutherford has never been one to toss around cash freely, quite the opposite, so he obviously feels Tuomo is worth that to stay here. This is only the second time EVER he has negotiated with a player during the season. Thats how we lost Whitney, Cole, others.

He's important to this team and how it's built, is well liked here, and plays 100% every night.

There's been far worse signing than this, so I really doubt this is is the straw that will fuck up the salary structure in the NHL.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow

awful lot of hatred here

It's not like he got a 17 yr deal that fucks up the cap and circumvents a CBA or anything. It's a pretty straightforward deal.

Jim Rutherford has never been one to toss around cash freely, quite the opposite, so he obviously feels Tuomo is worth that to stay here. This is only the second time EVER he has negotiated with a player during the season. Thats how we lost Whitney, Cole, others.

He's important to this team and how it's built, is well liked here, and plays 100% every night.

There's been far worse signing than this, so I really doubt this is is the straw that will fuck up the salary structure in the NHL.

No, its none of that. It still isn't a good deal for Carolina though.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully he works out well for the Canes. We told Buffalo the Leino contract was awful last offseason, they told us to quit hating. Hopefully this isn't the same situation with The Good Ruutu.

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully he works out well for the Canes. We told Buffalo the Leino contract was awful last offseason, they told us to quit hating. Hopefully this isn't the same situation with The Good Ruutu.

lol

I wonder if that's how his parents address his Christmas presents?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow

awful lot of hatred here

My problem with this contract is Ruutu has only 30 points this season. It's not like he's lighting the league on fire. Parenteau has 54 points this season. If Ruutu is worth 4.75M what do you think Agents all over the hockey world are thinking right now? They're saying to themselves my guy is a lot better than Ruutu & he got paid BIG TIME. Hey Pens fans Jordan Staal is LAUGHING all the way to the bank right now.

This deal will have an impact on other contracts around the league.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
party at his house after signing the deal...

Last edited by a moderator:

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My problem with this contract is Ruutu has only 30 points this season. It's not like he's lighting the league on fire. Parenteau has 54 points this season. If Ruutu is worth 4.75M what do you think Agents all over the hockey world are thinking right now? They're saying to themselves my guy is a lot better than Ruutu & he got paid BIG TIME. Hey Pens fans Jordan Staal is LAUGHING all the way to the bank right now.

This deal will have an impact on other contracts around the league.

There's lots more taken into account to judge a players worth and value to a team over a contract period than straight points. J.R. isn't stupid.

If so, then Wang gives your dude a 15 yr deal averaging 6.5 ml per, since he is obviously the rock the Isles future will be built around, then we will all share a laugh and move on until the next CBA.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with Biz here... Points alone do not define a players worth. Although I really dont see Ruutu play enough to know if he falls in that category.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait... maybe people think this is Jarkko?

It's a good deal Biz. Pricks. Was kind of hoping he's be around in the off season as an option for the soon to be departing Carle.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's lots more taken into account to judge a players worth and value to a team over a contract period than straight points. J.R. isn't stupid.

If so, then Wang gives your dude a 15 yr deal averaging 6.5 ml per, since he is obviously the rock the Isles future will be built around, then we will all share a laugh and move on until the next CBA.

Parenteau wants a 6 year deal. It's not happening. I expect Parenteau to be dealt by deadline day.