• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jamal Adams Extended -- 4 years, $70M

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year they actually schemed around his talents and it often paid off. This year they have blitzed him less than half as much. That is on the coaches.
When the team struggles PC seems to double down on his conservatism when he should respond with aggression.
Yeah i'm kinda of done with his, "Play not to lose" mentality... We rarely ever put teams away...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It almost seems like they got lucky with their 2012/2013 draft picks... They haven't really hit on much the past 5 or 6 years - specifically OL and defense...

True, lots of swings and misses since then …

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last 4 games yards given up by the Seahawks defense ….

- 532 yards
- 453 yards
- 457 yards
- 476 yards

Lord have mercy

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does seem like the early good/great drafts came about because Pete had a wealth of info on college players going back to when they played in high school. Once Pete knowledge got outdated no more good drafts. Although having nothing but late picks every round really plays into it also.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does seem like the early good/great drafts came about because Pete had a wealth of info on college players going back to when they played in high school. Once Pete knowledge got outdated no more good drafts. Although having nothing but late picks every round really plays into it also.

Yeah, Pete had a gift when he arrived also, 2 first round picks, and they both ended up being solid players, Okung and Earl Thomas …

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s a unique talent with speed and explosiveness in the pass rush game, but he’s not a natural in coverage, if Adams is used right he can be a difference maker, Seattle isn’t using him right, it’s pathetic how bad this coaching staff has been… That being said no @@$$ing way should we have given up 2 first round picks, I hate giving up draft picks, it was a desperate move … If we end up with a top 10 pick that the Jets get, that’s a monumental unforgivable cluster &&$@ing move by Pete and John …. At this point I’ve lost faith that they can rebuild this team back up, as much as I appreciate Pete bringing a Super Bowl to Seattle, it’s time to accept this era is closing…

This.. we basically bought a Ferrari or Lambo and are trying to test it out in downtown Chicago with traffic lights every block... fuckin' stupid.

I've also trended to the fire PC page.... I'm just done with the guy.... Yah he won a Superbowl and got us close to a second but time to move on.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm the epitome of a arm-chair coordinator, but you can't keep running easily diagnosable blitz plays when you have complete liabilities at both cornerback positions and nickel.

Every time they've blitzed it's completely obvious and when you have JV-tier players in one on one coverage you just make it easy for a QB to pick the defense apart.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm the epitome of a arm-chair coordinator, but you can't keep running easily diagnosable blitz plays when you have complete liabilities at both cornerback positions and nickel.

Every time they've blitzed it's completely obvious and when you have JV-tier players in one on one coverage you just make it easy for a QB to pick the defense apart.
Excellent point, but you got to do something if your zone coverage is allowing offenses to move at will.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Any time a defense blitzes you have less in coverage logically, but the goal is to give the QB no time for the receivers to finish there routes forcing the qb to panic and make a mistake, sometimes blitzing can burn you, but as it sits now we’re so predictable, and if we never send heat we just sit back in zone coverage getting picked apart anyway … You don’t always have to send the house either, send 5, keeping 6 still in coverage, you can choose unpredictably who that 6th guy is, Safety ? Linebacker? Corner ? Right now our zones are getting dissected like a science frog…

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent point, but you got to do something if your zone coverage is allowing offenses to move at will.
As much as I hate to defend Ken Norton, I don't really know how you can draw up a defense that somehow accounts for the fact that our starting cornerback group might be the worst in the league. Blitzing hasn't really helped.

As inept as our CBs have been, I don't understand why the Seahawks have per PFF: "Even after facing the Rams — the team that runs with the most three-receiver packages in the league — Seattle leads the NFL in using base personnel at 44.3% of the time." Base personnel is defined as two corners, two safeties and 7 men in the box.

If it were me, I would stop running a base formation so frequently. In today's NFL, it just doesn't work with teams running so many 3 WR+ sets and deploying TEs who are athletic pass catchers. The rest of the league has transitioned away from running the traditional base formation, I don't know why the Seahawks haven't. I think that's the first step if you want to attempt to schematically improve the Seahawks defense.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any time a defense blitzes you have less in coverage logically, but the goal is to give the QB no time for the receivers to finish there routes forcing the qb to panic and make a mistake, sometimes blitzing can burn you, but as it sits now we’re so predictable, and if we never send heat we just sit back in zone coverage getting picked apart anyway … You don’t always have to send the house either, send 5, keeping 6 still in coverage, you can choose unpredictably who that 6th guy is, Safety ? Linebacker? Corner ? Right now our zones are getting dissected like a science frog…
That's my biggest issue with how Ken Norton and Pete Carroll have called the defensive game plan.

I don't know if it's just me who has noticed this but the times the Seahawks have blitzed Adams or Wagner, it's not disguised at all and has been easy to pick up.

I wish I could find some sort of data on Seattle's blitz success rate to determine if it's just me who sees it or if there is data to confirm what I've seen.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my biggest issue with how Ken Norton and Pete Carroll have called the defensive game plan.

I don't know if it's just me who has noticed this but the times the Seahawks have blitzed Adams or Wagner, it's not disguised at all and has been easy to pick up.

I wish I could find some sort of data on Seattle's blitz success rate to determine if it's just me who sees it or if there is data to confirm what I've seen.

You noticed correctly, we don’t disguise our blitzes worth a dam …. Totally predictable … The part that’s maddening is it’s not complicated, it’s a copy cat league, look at some game film, copy what you see from successful defensive coaches, try something for god sake ! You can still keep your base defense in place and just on occasion let a qb know we’re coming at you sometimes… Honestly, I don’t think Norton even believes in blitzing, he has a philosophy he just sticks with whether it works or not, and that’s why I’m done with this mess, I’m sick of watching it over and over, worst pass coverage I’ve ever seen, receivers constantly uncovered, HUGE big holes in every zone we run and Norton sits there with a blank stare on his face, it’s hopeless, we need a change because Norton refuses to adapt … Pete is allowing this shit show, it’s on him …

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year the Seahawks were using Bobby to disguise Jamal's blitz packages. I read a whole article about how they were forcing the issue to get Adams more involved, they did this to say basically "see he was worth the capital we gave up". To me it did not work. Only a franchise QB is worth the Capital we gave up.... for the most part.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont want to put the whole thing on Jamal Adams because this defense is a mix of busted draft picks, B level rated players, and overall bad coaching. I do think Jamal Adams is a hell of a safety that does a lot of damage within the box. The only regret about the trade is that we are in a situation where our star QB is out and IF this season tanks obviously we cant use that 1st round pick which could be valuable. It was a gamble that we may potentially lose I know Teddy Bridgewater carried the Saints while Brees was hurt but the Saints was an overall well functioned team. If we can go 2-2 while Russell is out I will take that.