• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 4/JUL/2015 Champs @ Gnats

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bum will probably dominate the rest of the way, but the beat up Giants O will probably keep struggling. Injuries suck. As do odd numbered years

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, like I said, I agree that it's stupid to do to a west coast team. No reason this series couldn't have been scheduled against someone in the east. Or hell, for the matter, put us on the road on the 4th if there are scheduling conflicts. I think they want DC to have baseball on the 4th, but I don't think it's some sacred cow that we couldn't be on a roadie over Independence Day.
I think it is a good idea to have the Nats and Phillies play at home. OR have them play against each other every 4th. Baseball is a game of traditions, and fostering those is a smart idea.

I still do not understand why Cincinatti does not get the first game of the season anymore. That was a great tradition.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants hitters should be well rested, they only got on base five times yesterday and Pagan had two of those hits.

Just lots of walks to the dugout and time in the field

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How old are you guys? Did you ever play or coach on the East coast? I have. I am done trying to explain it to you. Good luck.
BoB, grow up.

No one is saying the point is not valid. The way you communicate it is what irritates everyone.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How old are you guys? Did you ever play or coach on the East coast? I have. I am done trying to explain it to you. Good luck.

No you're not. Good luck. Peace.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello! I think we actually caught a break...

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said you have to live it to know it.
The 8am start is total bullshit for a west coast team, I get that. But they started at 12:30 EASTERN STANDARD TIME on Thursday morning and it was a loss. You said, "There is no reason why this game could not be played at 12:30 to 1 PM EST". What I am trying to say is that 90 minutes later is not going to make a huge difference. It's still too early. Especially after finishing after 10pm the night before. And today, they finished after 9pm last night, so that has an affect also.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
90 minutes is a lot of time for a ballplayer.

Lets just drop it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn.

Miggy down for at least 6 weeks.

Can someone go into the settings and turn injuries off, please...

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 8am start is total bullshit for a west coast team, I get that. But they started at 12:30 EASTERN STANDARD TIME on Thursday morning and it was a loss. You said, "There is no reason why this game could not be played at 12:30 to 1 PM EST". What I am trying to say is that 90 minutes later is not going to make a huge difference. It's still too early. Especially after finishing after 10pm the night before. And today, they finished after 9pm last night, so that has an affect also.

We also have to remember that it was not like this was a surprise. These guys are not only pros - they are champions. They have known about this for what, six months?

I don't care if the game started at dawn. We should be ready and not bitch about it. In fact we should embrace it, and stop making excuses.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame tzill, he Colined us after game 2 of the roadie

That KCya BS was the type of performace that happens on 0-6 road trips. That's what it felt like at the time and NOTHING has changed.

Fucking shitshow. AWFUL, AWFUL pitching from our ace, and the bats are doing NOTHING. Strasburg was pitching like shit this year and Bum was pitching like an ace. Wouldn't know it from this game. Now, with Stras hurt, its Roarke who will shut us down the rest of the way, and YIPEE, we get Zimm tomorrow.

I hate baseball.

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you guys don't mind me posting here, but I wanted to share this story with you all from last night.

I have a half-season plan for the Nats, seats in the Red Porch area in center field. I was at last night's game. Buster Posey hits the home run in the 7th into my section, nay, into my hands. And I dropped it. Went right through them. It bounces down the aisle (I have aisle seats this season) and it ends up in the hands of a a young man, I'd say early 20's. The crowd starts chanting at him to throw it back, and he does. The Giants fans were inconsolable. They wanted that ball so bad. Then, the kid almost got thrown out of the game for throwing an object onto the field. He was only saved because he begged, was very polite, and told them it was his first game and he was just doing what everyone told him to do.

If I'd have caught it, I'd like to think I would have given it to the kids in the front row directly in front of me that were Giants fans. That was my plan, anyway. Easy to say now that I didn't catch the ball. I'm still livid at myself that I didn't catch that ball, though.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you guys don't mind me posting here, but I wanted to share this story with you all from last night.

I have a half-season plan for the Nats, seats in the Red Porch area in center field. I was at last night's game. Buster Posey hits the home run in the 7th into my section, nay, into my hands. And I dropped it. Went right through them. It bounces down the aisle (I have aisle seats this season) and it ends up in the hands of a a young man, I'd say early 20's. The crowd starts chanting at him to throw it back, and he does. The Giants fans were inconsolable. They wanted that ball so bad. Then, the kid almost got thrown out of the game for throwing an object onto the field. He was only saved because he begged, was very polite, and told them it was his first game and he was just doing what everyone told him to do.

If I'd have caught it, I'd like to think I would have given it to the kids in the front row directly in front of me that were Giants fans. That was my plan, anyway. Easy to say now that I didn't catch the ball. I'm still livid at myself that I didn't catch that ball, though.
Awww, man! What a bummer!! Cool story though!

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rags should be in the HOF some day. Player and pitching coach combined. He has earned it.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice story. Good luck to you guys...just not this weekend.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rags should be in the HOF some day. Player and pitching coach combined. He has earned it.
Good pitcher, but not HOF-worthy.

As a pitching coach, it will never happen, but he would be on the short-list of potentials.