• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 4/JUL/2015 Champs @ Gnats

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West coast teams continue to get the short end of the stick. Shit the Giants were not picked in any of their series in the playoffs durring the Dynasty. No respect ! Fuck em' all ...I hope the Giants whip every teams ass again this year. I am tired of this shit though.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame tzill, he Colined us after game 2 of the roadie

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no reason why this game could not be played at 12:30 to 1 PM EST.

I agree with you that this is a bullshit start time to a baseball game, especially to do it to a west coast team. But there is a decent reason to do it. DC is crazy on the 4th of July, with all the festivities and the massive amounts of people on the mall. They start this game as early as possible to try and clear them out and not further disrupt the roads/mass transit. Kind of like they do in Boston on Patriot's Day early in the season.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice AB by Blanco

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like they did in Miami? An hour later didn't help much :gaah:

Trust me it makes a huge difference This gets back to a ballplayers mental and physical clock and when you mess with that , it makes for unfair competition.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The commish has a lot of work to do and I am willing to give him a little time to iron out these problems but he better get going. Bud let all this shit slide and he sucked the big one.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me it makes a huge difference This gets back to a ballplayers mental and physical clock and when you mess with that , it makes for unfair competition.
My point being: the game started at 12:30 EST, the time you suggested, and they still lost. To Miami. The Marlins. Without Stanton. :L

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit I am not even playing and I am still half asleep here in the 3rd inning.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you that this is a bullshit start time to a baseball game, especially to do it to a west coast team. But there is a decent reason to do it. DC is crazy on the 4th of July, with all the festivities and the massive amounts of people on the mall. They start this game as early as possible to try and clear them out and not further disrupt the roads/mass transit. Kind of like they do in Boston on Patriot's Day early in the season.
As much as we razz BoB because of how he reacts to these scheduling screw-jobs, he is right. To have the earliest game the Giants have played in years, followed by a night game on get-away day when the Giants have to fly cross country is absolute bunk. If you have to schedule a game this early, make it against another eastern team. It would be like have a game in LA against a NY team start at 10 PM to avoid the heat, or something. It just doesn't make sense.

That said, to go on a sustained tirade about it is akin to lying on the ground kicking your feet and screaming.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point being: the game started at 12:30 EST, the time you suggested, and they still lost. To Miami. The Marlins. Without Stanton. :L

You still don't get it.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 pitch inning by Maddy. He found the groove.

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as we razz BoB because of how he reacts to these scheduling screw-jobs, he is right. To have the earliest game the Giants have played in years, followed by a night game on get-away day when the Giants have to fly cross country is absolute bunk. If you have to schedule a game this early, make it against another eastern team. It would be like have a game in LA against a NY team start at 10 PM to avoid the heat, or something. It just doesn't make sense.

That said, to go on a sustained tirade about it is akin to lying on the ground kicking your feet and screaming.

Oh, like I said, I agree that it's stupid to do to a west coast team. No reason this series couldn't have been scheduled against someone in the east. Or hell, for the matter, put us on the road on the 4th if there are scheduling conflicts. I think they want DC to have baseball on the 4th, but I don't think it's some sacred cow that we couldn't be on a roadie over Independence Day.