• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 4 Atlanta Hawks (48-34) vs. 1 Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25)

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry ATL fans, but I didn't think you guys had much of a shot prior to the series starting and these first two games- ESPECIALLY game 2-have only cemented that sentiment.

Krispy Treat

3-6 Latvia
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder who Horford will sign with in the offseason. I'm pretty sure we're not going to pay him $25 million a year after his meager postseason performance. I could see him going to Boston maybe.

We're the perfect suckers to overpay him. I wouldn't mind it to be honest. I prefer him over Sideshow Bob Lopez.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes of course.

Regardless of how many 3s they hit yesterday, though... 15 3P/G is a TON. That would be good for the all-time record. They were averaging that before yesterday.

Of course I'm not saying that last night was typical of what we should expect to see. It was a once-in-long-time type of game.

But making a lot of 3 pointers at a high rate is not unexpected for this team right now.
Too bad for you guys this "fluke" was wasted on a team where it wasn't needed to get the job done. It probably would've been more effective against GS or the Spurs. Of course that's just my opinion. :D

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a stat that the Cavs are on pace the break the playoff record for assist-to-turnover ratio. Of course... they're only 6 games in... so take that for what it's worth .

Point is... its another sign that ball movement and player movement has at least as much to do with their success as "getting hot" does.
that has been the biggest positive to having Ty Lue as coach- the ball movement is MUCH better...

was listening to Windhorst on 850 and he said around the league they arent talking about the 3's as much as they are talking about A. how the Hawks quit and B. how good the Cleveland ball movement has been.

Under Blatt the Cavs just never seemed to get out of the ISO offense for any kind of sustained stretch. Bringing in Lue and focusing on the ball movement sacrficed some of the defense for a couple months there- but the defense is right back where it needs to be and the ball movement is just SOOOO much better and they are using guys so much better. No way under Blatt a performance like this was possible.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that has been the biggest positive to having Ty Lue as coach- the ball movement is MUCH better...

was listening to Windhorst on 850 and he said around the league they arent talking about the 3's as much as they are talking about A. how the Hawks quit and B. how good the Cleveland ball movement has been.

Under Blatt the Cavs just never seemed to get out of the ISO offense for any kind of sustained stretch. Bringing in Lue and focusing on the ball movement sacrficed some of the defense for a couple months there- but the defense is right back where it needs to be and the ball movement is just SOOOO much better and they are using guys so much better. No way under Blatt a performance like this was possible.

Pretty much all you do is quote Windhorst.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy Wam'd
His praise of Horford just cost him millions.

Oh, don't worry; someone will Al Horford a huge contract. There's always one franchise out there with a lottery team that desperately wants to have a Playoff team, regardless of how myopic the signing would be as far as championship hopes are concerned.

Fortunately, I think the Hawks management is smart enough not to do that. I mean, Millsap got a good sized deal, but I think he probably deserves what he's paid. Hard to argue with three consecutive All-Star appearances, and he's probably a top five PF in this league.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry ATL fans, but I didn't think you guys had much of a shot prior to the series starting and these first two games- ESPECIALLY game 2-have only cemented that sentiment.

Probably not. But, hey, we're undefeated at home in the Playoffs, so at least we've got that going for us. Hawks' only chance of getting themselves back in this series is keeping it that way these next two games. I think if we can just beat the Cavs tonight, it'll give the Hawks the crucial confidence they need. Cavs got our number, so we need to get a new number tonight.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're the perfect suckers to overpay him. I wouldn't mind it to be honest. I prefer him over Sideshow Bob Lopez.

Knicks are definitely a team I think we could sign with. Another team that I think is going to pursue Al hard is the Pacers. Having Horford could turn them from decent Playoff to possibly a legitimate championship contender.

Then there's the Thunder, who have Al's old college coach. You gotta figure he'll be talking to them a lot.

I wanna say the Spurs would be a good fit for Al in the case that Duncan retires, but they're too smart of a franchise to pay Horford that much.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not. But, hey, we're undefeated at home in the Playoffs, so at least we've got that going for us. Hawks' only chance of getting themselves back in this series is keeping it that way these next two games. I think if we can just beat the Cavs tonight, it'll give the Hawks the crucial confidence they need. Cavs got our number, so we need to get a new number tonight.
yah you guys desperately need to get off the schneid here. I think the Cavs have are 6-0 going back to last year--- and i think Brons 1st time in the Land we swept ATL so i THINK thats 10 straight playoff wins LBJ has over you guys.....if u could just get a little ocnfidence it would certainly help.

if the Hawks dont come out playing like crazy-people tonight after that whooping the other night and all the criticism in the media etc. then they need their pulses checked...I expect a very hard fought tough PLAYOFF type game tonight...and not that farce we saw on Wednesday.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks are definitely a team I think we could sign with. Another team that I think is going to pursue Al hard is the Pacers. Having Horford could turn them from decent Playoff to possibly a legitimate championship contender.

Then there's the Thunder, who have Al's old college coach. You gotta figure he'll be talking to them a lot.

I wanna say the Spurs would be a good fit for Al in the case that Duncan retires, but they're too smart of a franchise to pay Horford that much.
i think the Celtics will be in on him for sure....17 teams have max space. SO while theca vs were wrapping up KI, and Love and TT and Shumpert at previus CBA prices where their was less competition and less dollars in the system--- the rest of the NBA will be fighting over a paltry free agent class with EVERYONE having money.

Genius move again by Griffin.

saw some headline that Festus Ezeli might get 50 mill...lol..........I CANT wait until all you TT haters are saying how GREAT of a deal he is a year or two from now, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA its GUNNA HAPPPPPPEN!

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree- but there should be some cause for concern going forward into the next season. It's very likely they will have to face the Cavs in the post season for years to come so they need to really address the need. I think your team needs a couple of vets that can calm the team down on the floor and can help with leading in crunch time. Sometimes there appears to be a break down with the players and those are things a team like the Cavs can exploit.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah you guys desperately need to get off the schneid here. I think the Cavs have are 6-0 going back to last year--- and i think Brons 1st time in the Land we swept ATL so i THINK thats 10 straight playoff wins LBJ has over you guys.....if u could just get a little ocnfidence it would certainly help.

if the Hawks dont come out playing like crazy-people tonight after that whooping the other night and all the criticism in the media etc. then they need their pulses checked...I expect a very hard fought tough PLAYOFF type game tonight...and not that farce we saw on Wednesday.

I think this is the first time I have more faith in your team than you do (or more of a positive outlook, whatever you want to describe it). This ATL team has no championship aspirations or heart. The Hawks know they're not going to win this series. Cavs won't have the same type of performance as they did in game 2. But I'm certain they would around 15 points tonight. This will not be close.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is the first time I have more faith in your team than you do (or more of a positive outlook, whatever you want to describe it). This ATL team has no championship aspirations or heart. The Hawks know they're not going to win this series. Cavs won't have the same type of performance as they did in game 2. But I'm certain they would around 15 points tonight. This will not be close.
I hope so...i truly do--- against a team like Atlanta though taht can shoot going home should help...if i had to bet i would bet the Cavs win tonight --- but its just a totally open question in my mind how Atlanta shows up tonight...maybe you are right and they know they dont have much chance and go away...maybe they are angry about wednesday and want to fight...i sure hope the CAvs shot the fight out of them, but we shall see iguess...

during the regular season i would of course bombastically say the Cavs have noone even worth worryinb about in the EAst- but when the playoffs role around that Cleveland vibe/curse always gets to me.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so...i truly do--- against a team like Atlanta though taht can shoot going home should help...if i had to bet i would bet the Cavs win tonight --- but its just a totally open question in my mind how Atlanta shows up tonight...maybe you are right and they know they dont have much chance and go away...maybe they are angry about wednesday and want to fight...i sure hope the CAvs shot the fight out of them, but we shall see iguess...

during the regular season i would of course bombastically say the Cavs have noone even worth worryinb about in the EAst- but when the playoffs role around that Cleveland vibe/curse always gets to me.

I would've thought the same thing....until the Hawks started bringing up a lack of professionalism on the Cavs' part. I have no problem with how the Cavs were running up the score on Atlanta. Shit, I grew up watching sports idolizing the late 80's/early 90's Hurricanes team - I'm the last person in the world who should ever complain about running up the score.

The Hawks showed me they have zero pride as a team. Cleveland will easily march over them. As we've all said, you don't need to worry about the East, worry about the West. The Cavs real season starts in June.

Reactions: LAD