• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 4 Atlanta Hawks (48-34) vs. 1 Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25)

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you watch the game? they didnt start forcing it until less than 4 minutes left when they TIEd it and the crowd started going crazy every time the Cavs had an offensive possession.

I watched all of it.
What don't you understand?
What they did was the equivalent to a football team being up 62-7 and continuing to throw the 4th qtr because their QB was chasing a record.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched all of it.
What don't you understand?
What they did was the equivalent to a football team being up 62-7 and continuing to throw the 4th qtr because their QB was chasing a record.
Thats different, imo.

In football... running the ball at the end of a blowout is a thing.

In basketball... you have to keep shooting. Doesn't matter whether you shoot a 3 or a 2. In fact, usually its 3's at the end of blowouts. Dahntay was WIDE open from the corner 3 on the shot that got the record. Of course he's gonna shoot it.

I mean.. they dribbled out and took the shot clock violation with 1 minute to go.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you watch the game? they didnt start forcing it until less than 4 minutes left when they TIEd it and the crowd started going crazy every time the Cavs had an offensive possession.

Yeah, I don't have a problem with what the Cavs did. They have to shoot it within 24 seconds and they had a shot at the record, so may as well go for it. It's up to the Hawks to do something about it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can complain about it through the media... which they did

Hawks need to stfu. If they don't like it, stop them or do the same thing to them when they get to Atlanta.

Bazemore said something about karma...well, they're about to have 2 chances at some karma in Atlanta.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm surprised the Hawks even responded. What a bunch of pussies crying about professionalism. If you didn't want them setting the record on you, you probably should've done something about it.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not even a contest. Atlanta is horrible; especially that cry-baby quitter Korver.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it helps too. I think the Hawks are a better team than they were last year though. They should be able to keep the games closer than they did last year and at least win one in Atlanta.

They aren't a threat to actually win the series, but I think they can make the Cavs play their starters longer than they would like in most of the games.

Also, the Cavs did what they were supposed to do. It's certainly better than if the series had dragged out for 6 games, but it really doesn't mean a whole lot about their chances to win a title.

The Cavs do have a shot in that they only have to play one quality opponent in order to win the NBA title. Those in the West will have just come off a knock-down, drag-out series when they play Cleveland.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs do have a shot in that they only have to play one quality opponent in order to win the NBA title. Those in the West will have just come off a knock-down, drag-out series when they play Cleveland.

Wiggy, is that you?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow, just wow. Like you said, they have to shoot. Sounds like poor sports they dont like losing to me. If they were better competitors they would have not given up in the 2nd quarter. It's their own fault, they can only blame themselves. That is a shame, but Millsap has always hated Cleveland since they started to fingerpop his and his teammates assholes lol

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats different, imo.

In football... running the ball at the end of a blowout is a thing.

In basketball... you have to keep shooting. Doesn't matter whether you shoot a 3 or a 2. In fact, usually its 3's at the end of blowouts. Dahntay was WIDE open from the corner 3 on the shot that got the record. Of course he's gonna shoot it.

I mean.. they dribbled out and took the shot clock violation with 1 minute to go.

After they launched 3's for 4 minutes straight worrying about breaking the record.
Pretty much they completely stopped playing the Hawks/game and just focused on making that last 3.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks need to stfu. If they don't like it, stop them or do the same thing to them when they get to Atlanta.

Bazemore said something about karma...well, they're about to have 2 chances at some karma in Atlanta.

He also said "maybe we will be the team to break that record soon."

Nah bc the Cavs actually defend :pound: What a crybaby

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where you just really have no clue...

Shaq? that has to be a joke right? lol...they dealt cap flotsam for him. LeBron did not say- GO GET SHAQ...you are insane.

KEVIN LOVE??? THE CAVS HAD BEEN TRYING TO GET LOVE FOR 2 YEARS!!! Thats a deal they DO EVERYTIME to compete. As I said- Love was 26 at the time of the trade- Wiggins 19- anyone SANE does that deal 10 times outta 10-- and the best argument against it was the defensive presence and pressure Wiggins could take off LeBron and Wiggins has been TERRIBLE defensively! LOL.

Tristan Thompson? you mean the guy who the Cavs told your NOT getting a max contract and then had tristan come back to the negoitating table 2 days before the season started? LOL unreal...

and Jr sMith- LeBron had NO CLUE a trade is even in the works until its on the table and Griffin asks him if the guy would be a fit in the locker room--- you CALL THAT BEING THE GM? its just a joke.

obviously you can think what you want- but the ACTUAL FACTS tell a VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERY Different story.

If LeBron REALLY controlled everything Blatt wouldve been gone LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG ago. If LeBron REALLY wants to play iwth Melo why didnt he demand Love get dealt for him? Why didnt Tristan get a max on day one of free agency?

its just laughable.

Just a couple of things-

1. Love is also TERRIBLE on defense and by comparison not much better on offensive when compared to Wiggins and what they do for their respective team- so really that's probably a wash at best- but anyone who can think logically would probably agree that Wiggins would've been a nice addition on the Cavs.

2. Tristan Thompson did pretty much get a max deal- the day it was finalized is pretty irrelevant.

3. And I'm pretty sure Melo has already told everyone that he wants to play somewhere WARM- which immediately knocks Cleveland out of the picture.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, just wow. Like you said, they have to shoot. Sounds like poor sports they dont like losing to me. If they were better competitors they would have not given up in the 2nd quarter. It's their own fault, they can only blame themselves. That is a shame, but Millsap has always hated Cleveland since they started to fingerpop his and his teammates assholes lol

I have no issue with the Cavs winning by 100.
That totally is the Hawks fault/problem.
And, I also agree that it isn't football where you can take a knee and kill the last couple minutes.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder who Horford will sign with in the offseason. I'm pretty sure we're not going to pay him $25 million a year after his meager postseason performance. I could see him going to Boston maybe.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder who Horford will sign with in the offseason. I'm pretty sure we're not going to pay him $25 million a year after his meager postseason performance. I could see him going to Boston maybe.

Wiggy Wam'd
His praise of Horford just cost him millions.