• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 4 Atlanta Hawks (48-34) vs. 1 Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25)

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so...i truly do--- against a team like Atlanta though taht can shoot going home should help...if i had to bet i would bet the Cavs win tonight --- but its just a totally open question in my mind how Atlanta shows up tonight...maybe you are right and they know they dont have much chance and go away...maybe they are angry about wednesday and want to fight...i sure hope the CAvs shot the fight out of them, but we shall see iguess...

during the regular season i would of course bombastically say the Cavs have noone even worth worryinb about in the EAst- but when the playoffs role around that Cleveland vibe/curse always gets to me.

I think this game will decide the length of the series. Not who will win, that will be the Cavs, but rather it will decide if this series will be a sweep or not. If the Hawks win, I think it goes 6. If they lose, they will get swept and game 4 will likely be a blowout.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah you guys desperately need to get off the schneid here. I think the Cavs have are 6-0 going back to last year--- and i think Brons 1st time in the Land we swept ATL so i THINK thats 10 straight playoff wins LBJ has over you guys.....if u could just get a little ocnfidence it would certainly help.

if the Hawks dont come out playing like crazy-people tonight after that whooping the other night and all the criticism in the media etc. then they need their pulses checked...I expect a very hard fought tough PLAYOFF type game tonight...and not that farce we saw on Wednesday.

You're actually 8-0 the last eight times against us. It hasn't been a very fun series. :tsk:

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree- but there should be some cause for concern going forward into the next season. It's very likely they will have to face the Cavs in the post season for years to come so they need to really address the need. I think your team needs a couple of vets that can calm the team down on the floor and can help with leading in crunch time. Sometimes there appears to be a break down with the players and those are things a team like the Cavs can exploit.

I agree. That's why we need to make major changes in the offseason. I don't think they're going to re-sign Horford, and I think they're gonna be looking to trade Teague for another quality starter and see what Schroeder's really got.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. That's why we need to make major changes in the offseason. I don't think they're going to re-sign Horford, and I think they're gonna be looking to trade Teague for another quality starter and see what Schroeder's really got.
I mean- unless you get Durant or get like a rejuvenated at home Dwight Howard with another star- what can u really do?

The CAvs of the late 80's early 90's had some REALLY good teams but were never going to beat Jordan- I can see all the talk- we need to get rid of Price, Dauhgterty, Ehlo etc...this team will never win!!-- well DUH- they are facing Michael Jordan!!!!

the Hawks- relatively speaking- have been a VERY GOOD franchise since the Joe Johnson trade and have done things the right way- hired a good coach that learned under Pop- brought in all star players like Milsap- kept developing Horford and Teague...

what do you want out of the HAwks? for them to blow up a REALLY good team that is and probably has been the 2nd ebst team in the EAst the last 2 seasons just because they cant win the title??? what if LEBron sprained his knee and was out for this series? Atlanta becomes the conference favorites in my view with how well they played down the stretch.

I just dont understand what more/else you could want as a Hawks fan (other than the pathetic effort shown the other night)...REALISTICALLY anyway...

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- unless you get Durant or get like a rejuvenated at home Dwight Howard with another star- what can u really do?

The CAvs of the late 80's early 90's had some REALLY good teams but were never going to beat Jordan- I can see all the talk- we need to get rid of Price, Dauhgterty, Ehlo etc...this team will never win!!-- well DUH- they are facing Michael Jordan!!!!

the Hawks- relatively speaking- have been a VERY GOOD franchise since the Joe Johnson trade and have done things the right way- hired a good coach that learned under Pop- brought in all star players like Milsap- kept developing Horford and Teague...

what do you want out of the HAwks? for them to blow up a REALLY good team that is and probably has been the 2nd ebst team in the EAst the last 2 seasons just because they cant win the title??? what if LEBron sprained his knee and was out for this series? Atlanta becomes the conference favorites in my view with how well they played down the stretch.

I just dont understand what more/else you could want as a Hawks fan (other than the pathetic effort shown the other night)...REALISTICALLY anyway...

I just want a star like Durant or Whiteside. Getting Whiteside is probably the more likely of the two.

What I would love to see is Teague getting traded for a solid SG, start Schroeder, bench Korver for the new SG we get, re-sign Bazemore, trade Splitter (for cap space) and let Horford go and bring Whiteside here. If Schroeder is at least as good as Teague, I think that team could be very dangerous.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck Hawks? When did you hire James Harden to coach defense?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really liked those Cavs teams too. Sometimes there's just that team/player that a very good team can't get past. There are a lot of teams that may have made finals appearances/won titles except for that 1 player and/or team that was always in their way.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked those Cavs teams too. Sometimes there's just that team/player that a very good team can't get past. There are a lot of teams that may have made finals appearances/won titles except for that 1 player and/or team that was always in their way.

Yeah, if you look back at history the greatest teams or teams that had that great player owned certain teams.

Kobe/Shaq - Portland, Sacramento
MJ/Pip - Cleveland, New York

and so on...the Laker and Celtic teams owned everyone lol

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A must-win tonight, obviously.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Korver has been benched. Bazemore is now the SG (which I think is his natural position, actually), with Thabo taking his place at SF.

I'm intrigued to see how Korver does off the bench.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is already looking better with Korver on the bench. Let's hope it lasts.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were doing great before we started chucking up threes. Do what's currently working, guys. :L

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try guarding Love.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
love will lecarry you

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hack-a-Thompson? Doesn't he shoot over 60% from the line? :noidea:

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to play better defense.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is such low IQ basketball by the Hawks on defense.