• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

34-64-94 MLB Draft : CHAT

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impressive... Just being offered one fight must have felt amazing... And winning must have been even better despite getting hurt...

I have been in 3 fights in my life. I have blocked every punch with my face. I am perfect 100% on my blocks. Seriously though I never fell after a punch.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, occupational hazard. He graduates nursing school next month, hopefully he can get a discount on ER visits

Doubt it they might charge him more knowing the medical field since my mom was a nurse practitioner, and my wife currently is ER/Trauma BSRN (has a BS degree and registered nurse). Good luck to him in his studies and career its a under appreciated job, pays so-so but they work their butts off and the hospitals only do well if they have great nurses.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been in 3 fights in my life. I have blocked every punch with my face. I am perfect 100% on my blocks. Seriously though I never fell after a punch.
Fighting is like any other sport....if you've never trained, you'll pretty much suck, so no need to worry if you getting a little scrape. Ever watched a basketball or baseball fight? Some of the greatest athletes in the world, flailing like middle school girls....

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt it they might charge him more knowing the medical field since my mom was a nurse practitioner, and my wife currently is ER/Trauma BSRN (has a BS degree and registered nurse). Good luck to him in his studies and career its a under appreciated job, pays so-so but they work their butts off and the hospitals only do well if they have great nurses.
Yep, my wife is clinical director at our local hospital, she's been able to help him line up a good job he starts right after graduation. The hours will allow him to continue on working toward anastiesialogist tech or Physical therapist, still kicking it around .Unless Dana White changes his mind....

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fighting is like any other sport....if you've never trained, you'll pretty much suck, so no need to worry if you getting a little scrape. Ever watched a basketball or baseball fight? Some of the greatest athletes in the world, flailing like middle school girls....

I am 30 years old, and I never got into a real fight... This is my AA Meeting... Maybe I should get into a fight...

Its very surprising, because as some of you know, I can be a pretty big dick...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the middle of some stuff... I'll take Don Buford if he's still available PR/UTL if not go ahead and skip me please...

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, my wife is clinical director at our local hospital, she's been able to help him line up a good job he starts right after graduation. The hours will allow him to continue on working toward anastiesialogist tech or Physical therapist, still kicking it around .Unless Dana White changes his mind....

Haha time and anastiesialogist's LOL haha. You literally work 80hrs a week. Your regular job plus 30-40 hrs training to become a anastiesialogist. Pay is great but cancel any thing you enjoy outside of work for a couple of years. Of course you know this but just thought you brought of the time thing. Dana wanted to do this but it's nearly impossible for her with our son and work schedules. Great luck to him :suds:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am 30 years old, and I never got into a real fight... This is my AA Meeting... Maybe I should get into a fight...

Its very surprising, because as some of you know, I can be a pretty big dick...
Nah, you're more of a small dick MilkMan :nod:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WLK at 8,000 posts and Milk almost at 14,000 :suds:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been in probably 30 - 40 street fights, none in 15+ years. But in the area I grew up in it was a big time hockey area, there were 5 high schools all within about a 20 mile radius and there were always pick up games, well one day when I was about 17 I believe I just happened to beat the chit out of a kid that was known to be the toughest at one of the other schools, when that happens people come looking for you to fight, so alot of my fights were because of that first fight. I was knocked down once and that was actually by a close friend who thought I was messing with his wife (which I wasnt) he sucker punched me at a party, I jumped up to go after him but there was like 30 people out in the yard that day so it was stopped before it started. He later told me he hit me harder than anyone he had ever punched before because he didn't want me to get back up and fight. He at the time was probably 6'2 230. i've had my share of busted up faces but I cant honestly say I lost more than 1 fight in my life and probably 1 tie, not that im tough or anything its just that I can take a punch real well and I dont give up. I believe that is the key to being a good street fighter, if you can take punches without losing your focus you have a very good chance at winning, just my two cents.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha time and anastiesialogist's LOL haha. You literally work 80hrs a week. Your regular job plus 30-40 hrs training to become a anastiesialogist. Pay is great but cancel any thing you enjoy outside of work for a couple of years. Of course you know this but just thought you brought of the time thing. Dana wanted to do this but it's nearly impossible for her with our son and work schedules. Great luck to him :suds:
Yeah, I think now that he's getting his nursing degree, he's gonna work 3 days a week in the summer and turn pro mma after his July fight and stick with that and take a few classes till he is either in the UFC or hangs them up, then go the 80 hour week route

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been in probably 30 - 40 street fights, none in 15+ years. But in the area I grew up in it was a big time hockey area, there were 5 high schools all within about a 20 mile radius and there were always pick up games, well one day when I was about 17 I believe I just happened to beat the chit out of a kid that was known to be the toughest at one of the other schools, when that happens people come looking for you to fight, so alot of my fights were because of that first fight. I was knocked down once and that was actually by a close friend who thought I was messing with his wife (which I wasnt) he sucker punched me at a party, I jumped up to go after him but there was like 30 people out in the yard that day so it was stopped before it started. He later told me he hit me harder than anyone he had ever punched before because he didn't want me to get back up and fight. He at the time was probably 6'2 230. i've had my share of busted up faces but I cant honestly say I lost more than 1 fight in my life and probably 1 tie, not that im tough or anything its just that I can take a punch real well and I dont give up. I believe that is the key to being a good street fighter, if you can take punches without losing your focus you have a very good chance at winning, just my two cents.
Sounds like you'd have made a good mma fighter! Our school has 2 ways to go, mma(sport) and street(lethal) . Street guys learn basic stand up, plus stick, knife and gun training, along with short circle jiu-jitsu(wrist manipulation, etc), plus holds that would be illegal in addition cage.

Reminds me of a funny story .We had a new guy come to mma, and he asks me who would be the guy he'd least want to see in a street fight, me or Anthony(head instructor), or one of our fighters. We both said Chris, who trains on street side .Chris walks in(chubby, 50), and the guy says" no freaking way". I said Chris, this guy attacks you, what would you do?......he pulls out his Gloc :nono:

Last edited:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like you'd have made a good mma fighter! Our school has 2 ways to go, mma(sport) and street(lethal) . Street guys learn basic stand up, plus stick, knife and gun training, along with short circle jiu-jitsu(wrist manipulation, etc), plus holds that would be illegal in addition cage.

Reminds me of a funny story .We had a new guy come to mma, and he asks me who would be the guy he'd least want to see in a street fight, me or Anthony(head instructor), it one of our fighters. We both said Chris, who trains on street side .Chris walks in(chubby, 50), and the guy says" no freaking way). I said Chris, this guy attacks you, what would you do?......he pulls out his Gloc :nono:

I was pretty good with a gun in my younger years, best friends dad was a big time hunter and they had dozens of guns in the house, my buddys mom died when we were like 7 so everything was about being a guy, hunting and fishing, I also won a couple awards when I was in boy scouts for my shooting and I did alot of target shooting in the Navy but I havent fired a gun in over 20 years so id probably suck at it now. I got more into practicing bow and arrow when I was in my early 20's really enjoyed that, dont do that anymore either though.

I had a buddy who was Gold Gloves and he always tried to get me into it but I just wasn't ever really interested, I did box a little in the Navy, I think 3 or 4 fights, nothing much really. I think the fact that I fought southpaw won me those fights but again nothing big.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pretty good with a gun in my younger years, best friends dad was a big time hunter and they had dozens of guns in the house, my buddys mom died when we were like 7 so everything was about being a guy, hunting and fishing, I also won a couple awards when I was in boy scouts for my shooting and I did alot of target shooting in the Navy but I havent fired a gun in over 20 years so id probably suck at it now. I got more into practicing bow and arrow when I was in my early 20's really enjoyed that, dont do that anymore either though.

I had a buddy who was Gold Gloves and he always tried to get me into it but I just wasn't ever really interested, I did box a little in the Navy, I think 3 or 4 fights, nothing much really. I think the fact that I fought southpaw won me those fights but again nothing big.
I'm right-handed, but I fought right lead(southpaw) . I switch leads alot, but as long as you defend the straight right, it has many advantages

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm right-handed, but I fought right lead(southpaw) . I switch leads alot, but as long as you defend the straight right, it has many advantages

Agreed, I just dont think people are used to fighting against a southpaw and it's alot different, the footwork alone is tough for traditional fighters.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, I just dont think people are used to fighting against a southpaw and it's alot different, the footwork alone is tough for traditional fighters.

That's why I slap with both hands.