• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

34-64-94 MLB Draft : CHAT

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how many of these lazy no good younger generationers will ever be good enough to be in professional sports... the point was that to be successful at anything, you are going to work your ass off in whatever you will be successful in... at least most successful people will... there will always be people with bad work ethic finding success, that has been true forever...
See how bent you get when someone questions the modern athletes work ethic....and yet it's all good for you and Omar slight past players at every turn. It's like the Steph Curry argument I made earlier....Old timers say Steph wouldn't be the same player back then(they didn't say he'd suck), and young people lose their collective minds....

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much where I stopped reading, you ever think that maybe every generation is getting more and more lazy? With technology life gets more and more easy making people more and more lazy, the current generation is lazy compared to generations of the past, now I don't mean that as a blanket statement as there are of course exceptions but the current generation if you will, doesn't want to work hard to get to the top, they want it handed to them, the current generation doesn't respect it's elders the way my generation did, yet they demand to be treated with respect without having earned it. We now live in an America where young people believe they are owed something, piece of advice for the younger generation, stop playing the fucking victim, stop blaming everyone else for your failures go out and get a fucking job and work your ass off to get what you want, stop relying on others to do it for you!

Brought to you by the you gotta be out of your fucking mind to vote for Hillary campaign.
You sound like my Grandfather. Who'd be 92 in the fall, If he weren't dead.

Damn kids...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn kids...

:yo: Someday you'll be saying the same things! Sounds like your Grandfather was a smart guy!

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn kids...

Lol I was about to say in a couple years nos and uk are gonna be sitting out on their porch drinking beer and yelling at the kids to get off their lawn while reminiscing about the good ole days

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See how bent you get when someone questions the modern athletes work ethic....and yet it's all good for you and Omar slight past players at every turn. It's like the Steph Curry argument I made earlier....Old timers say Steph wouldn't be the same player back then(they didn't say he'd suck), and young people lose their collective minds....

But where did i ever slight a past player... all i have said is that times are different, and because of that some stats are different... I have said nothing negative... I know you look at the past as the golden age... i just don't think the past was BETTER....

All i have ever done is question, and try to find answers...

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But where did i ever slight a past player... all i have said is that times are different, and because of that some stats are different... I have said nothing negative... I know you look at the past as the golden age... i just don't think the past was BETTER....

Milk you are OTC

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I commented on a HOFer with a .330 CAREER average...not a year, but his whole damn career....and you come back with some bullshit post about that equating to .280 LMAO....as I've said, jet's instead of buses, training staffs on each team, physical therapists on staff and needles up asses more than surpass any perceived disadvantage a modern player might have

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I commented on a HOFer with a .330 CAREER average...not a year, but his whole damn career....and you come back with some bullshit post about that equating to .280 LMAO....as I've said, jet's instead of buses, training staffs on each team, physical therapists on staff and needles up asses more than surpass any perceived disadvantage a modern player might have

that was not what i wrote at all...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yo: Someday you'll be saying the same things! Sounds like your Grandfather was a smart guy!
He hated baseball.

Had "better things to do than watch pussies throw a ball around." By better things, I think he meant baking dirt bread and killing Krauts. Idk.

I was a pussy for wearing a glove. Bare hand baseball would have some awesome batting averages btw. (I make kids play at practice quite a bit, it encourages taking the extra step and getting behind the ball.)And one old guy named Curly who might've watched. Lol.
I was also a pussy for coming out for a play in football, when I had a compound fracture of my thumb. I taped that bitch down to the side of my hand, played the rest of the game, told nobody. Went to schoolthe next day, told nobody. Got found out when I was writing left handed and had surgery that night. Which, as I was told, was also the route of a pussy. I think anyone born after FDRs inauguration was a pussy when you got right down to it.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, but the lgAVG was .289 and his career AIR was 110... the times were just different....
Alright, you said the league average was .289, which is another way of saying .330 isn't .330, which is total BS
Maybe the reason the league average was .289 was because there were 15-20 of the greatest hitters ever during that era, with several guys over .350. Add to that the fact that there were half the teams/number of hitters, and those great averages bring up the league average as a whole. Imagine if today's MLB were suddenly cut to 16 teams....4 hole hitters hitting 8 hole...the league average goes up, and if you have great players at the top, it goes up further. I never said the average Joe player back then was better than today. But if you think Mike Trout, Albert Pujoles, Miggy and Bryce Harper were any better than Ruth, Gehrig, Speaker and Collins, I say your wrong

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not having any part of this old shit is better than new shit argument.

It's pointless. And stupid as hell.

And nice work Ritz.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 629.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I texted a proxy for my next pick to ritz and nos

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not having any part of this old shit is better than new shit argument.

It's pointless. And stupid as hell.

And nice work Ritz.

Nice work for what?

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I texted a proxy for my next pick to ritz and nos

Sorry fem that you had to do that since all it would take is for milk to make his pick first then post on the chat thread. Let's go Milk make your pick.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nos is OTC and has been texted

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We aren't that far off on our opinions then(and despite our disagreements, I really do respect your opinion). I don't believe one MLB generation is necessarily better as a whole, I just believe the numbers still translate(aside from the roids. It's the same game, with the same rules, and if you compare a lot of the stats from players 120 years ago to today, they are still similar as a whole.
NFL passing numbers from today can't be compared to the past, but it's not because the QB's are better..it's because the rules have made it a totally different game. You can't touch a QB...proponents of today's game(not talking about you) will say that you can't hit the QB because the DLinemen are to big, but they were the same size in proportion to the QB back then. Mean Joe might have only weighed 275, but when he's hitting Roger Staubach, you're talking about a 200 pound QB. When 305 pound JJ Watt hits a Tom Brady, it's the same 75 pound difference(less for Newton or Big Ben). The league says they can't have a guy like Kam Chancellor at 245 hitting WR's over the middle like Ronnie Lott did, but how big are Megatron and Dez Bryant? They could still play the same game, and it would be no tougher than it was back then