• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 3) Philadelphia Sixers vs 6) Brooklyn Nets

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So while I do think it is a dirty play to do that, let's not pretend Embiid was trying to actually kick the shooter.

If you want to call it bush league or cheap fine but it wasn't dirty.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
L2M states Allen was fouled on the critical play.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No mention of the Dinwiddie carry that wasn’t called?

Saltiness, thou I have tasted....

I'm not sure. I didn't review it. Never knew. I just happened to come across that tweet this afternoon

Not a fan of the L2M because you can't change anything even if the refs screwed up every call in the final 2 minutes

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure. I didn't review it. Never knew. I just happened to come across that tweet this afternoon

Not a fan of the L2M because you can't change anything even if the refs screwed up every call in the final 2 minutes

L2M shows that there are missed/blown calls in pretty much every game in the last 2 minutes. Kinda unavoidable because the refs don't have perfect views of every play and they can't review each play and keep the game watchable.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
L2M shows that there are missed/blown calls in pretty much every game in the last 2 minutes. Kinda unavoidable because the refs don't have perfect views of every play and they can't review each play and keep the game watchable.

Yeah it is kinda pointless. Just gives fans actual proof that the refs may have screwed up lol.

I would prefer to give coaches a challenge in the final 2 minutes to challenge anything they want and get rid of the L2M

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it is kinda pointless. Just gives fans actual proof that the refs may have screwed up lol.

I would prefer to give coaches a challenge in the final 2 minutes to challenge anything they want and get rid of the L2M
I think that would be a mistake, would kill the excitement at end of games. And be a free timeout

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reviewing out of bounds play already do that

Champions League game in soccer had a goal ruled offsides by video review from the booth.
Ref just held his hand to his headset, then waved off the goal. It was fairly fast and easy to determine.

If the NBA is going to tell us what they missed, why not have a review team in place just to review the last two minutes of every game. Shouldn't be that difficult for NBA refs to wear headsets if a soccer center ref wears them. For that matter, just have them review the entire game and signal down whenever a call is missed. Really only takes 15-30 seconds to determine if a ball went out of bounds off of someone or hit the backboard on a block.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is a fair point.

But at the same time, Butler and Embiid pretty much said that they will do the exact same thing next time it goes down like this too.

So if Dudley does get suspended, so does Butler.

In that lense, I don't think either should be suspended.

But expect a short leash on all the primary players in this drama for game 5. Simmons included.

And Brett Brown had better be in his players' ear telling them to be above the physical stuff. Because if game 5 is going Philly's way, guess what Dudley is going to do? A similar response could get one or two of the Philly stars a seat on the pine for the next game, which could be devastating.

I didn’t really see anything wrong with what Embiid did. I thought dudley overreacted so it’s hard for me to blame Jimmy either, but I guess I understand that.

In the end, I suppose I’m ok with no suspension. I really just don’t want him starting crap again.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also it would be nice to hear that the official responsible for the call, would be fined and/or suspended for the next scheduled playoff game.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also it would be nice to hear that the official responsible for the call, would be fined and/or suspended for the next scheduled playoff game.

I think you should be very cautious about fining officials for missed calls. It can lead to some really troubling netative incentives.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you should be very cautious about fining officials for missed calls. It can lead to some really troubling netative incentives.

Yeah I agree. Unless it is a blatant missed call. A call like the one on Saturday shouldn't lead to a fine/suspension. These guys aren't perfect

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No not for that call. Just saying for a missed call that determines whether someone advances, we should know if that ref got fined.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree. Unless it is a blatant missed call. A call like the one on Saturday shouldn't lead to a fine/suspension. These guys aren't perfect

Yeah. Fines should be limited to really egregious blown calls where the refs CLEARLY should have called the play properly. I'm thinking Rams-Saints conference finals game.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t really see anything wrong with what Embiid did. I thought dudley overreacted so it’s hard for me to blame Jimmy either, but I guess I understand that.

In the end, I suppose I’m ok with no suspension. I really just don’t want him starting crap again.

Agreed.

Embiid' rep, his press conference antics and the melee after earned him the flagrant. The play wasn't bad.

More talking about how Butler said he would back up his teammate (as he should) and that Embiid would pay the fine. They were kind of making light of the whole thing.

No suspensions way to go for sure, IMO.