• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #3 Michigan @ #2 The Ohio State University; ABC 12 EST

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know that OSU scored a TD in the second half of the 3rd quarter? The 3rd quarter was a draw as each team scored a TD. We had 81 yards, you had 76.
WATCH YOUR OWN VIDEO. The score is 17-7 with 1:40 seconds left. I swear they showed a different broadcast in Ohio than the rest of the country. :L

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you and your kids get cancer.

I bookmarked this post 3 days ago, trying to think of the best way to respond.

After 3 days I was still stuck with this:

Go fuck yourself you giant piece of shit.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WATCH YOUR OWN VIDEO. The score is 17-7 with 1:40 seconds left. I swear they showed a different broadcast in Ohio than the rest of the country. :L
AND OSU SCORED WITH 1:06 LEFT IN THE 3RD QUARTER. YOU COULD HAVE EASILY FOUND THIS OUT.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bookmarked this post 3 days ago, trying to think of the best way to respond.

After 3 days I was still stuck with this:

Go fuck yourself you giant piece of shit.
Deserved, and I apologize to you for me writing that. Even thought it wasn't directly at you. I'm embarrassed by that comment.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AND OSU SCORED WITH 1:06 LEFT IN THE 3RD QUARTER. YOU COULD HAVE EASILY FOUND THIS OUT.

So that is how OSU dominated the 2nd half of the 3rd quarter by Speight throwing an INT with a minute to go? Then UM getting flagged for an offside and a personal foul to give you the ball at the goal line and score?

I readily admit OSU owned the 4th quarter, but it is literally like OSU fans forgot about the rest of the game. When was it that OSU owned the 3rd? When UM intercepted a pass? Or when they fumbled at the 1? Or when they stuffed the fake punt? Or when they scored a TD? Or when they forced OSU to punt again?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that is how OSU dominated the 2nd half of the 3rd quarter by Speight throwing an INT with a minute to go? Then UM getting flagged for an offside and a personal foul to give you the ball at the goal line and score?

I readily admit OSU owned the 4th quarter, but it is literally like OSU fans forgot about the rest of the game. When was it that OSU owned the 3rd? When UM intercepted a pass? Or when they fumbled at the 1? Or when they stuffed the fake punt? Or when they scored a TD? Or when they forced OSU to punt again?
I actually just said the 3rd quarter was a draw, which it was. Then OSU owned the 4th and won OT. That's how they won the game. UM outplayed us in the first half, not a single argument there. Stop acting like OSU didn't earn this win though.

Milkshake

There Will Be Blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What about the first half of the first quarter - defensive stop...easy drive...stall... missed fg.

No matter how you try - there was no domination anywhere in this one. LET IT GO!

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You posted a video of Jerome Baker. He made a great play. One would say -- a game saving play.
Only reason I posted that is because I assumed you weren't being so stupid as to say Hooker's INT was a pass thrown directly to him. Evidently you were. You're being awfully MnB-like, all of the sudden. Just admit you were wrong. Both INTs by Speight were a result of great defensive plays by OSU.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATF. For 3 quarters, UM handed OSU their ass. THAT is why u see national websites saying UM outplayed OSU and why an AP voter from Arkansas actually put UM ahead of OSU, even after OSU won.

Before Speight's 2nd interception. UM had 280 yards of offense, while OSU had 120 (with 70 coming on 1 drive). OSU had 7 points thanks to a ball thrown directly into the chest of Hooker who didn't even have to move. UM had 17 points and another drive they had fumbled at the 1 yard line.

Did OSU own the 4th quarter? Yes. They needed to score or the game is over. OSU seemed to feed off the 2nd interception. The crowd got going and OSU took advantage of it. Barrett broke a long run, the offense started moving the ball.

Yeah, Michigan totally dominated the game, except for when they didn't.

Holy shit, you're a piece of work.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody cares if meeeechegan had the upper hand for the 3 quarters. Football games are 4 quarters.

I'm sorry, that's not what all the fictitious national media outlets are saying. They're steadfastly holding onto the notion that like hockey, there're three periods in college football.

lolz @ TrustMeI'mHalf-Witted

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, that's not what all the fictitious national media outlets are saying. They're steadfastly holding onto the notion that like hockey, there're three periods in college football.

lolz @ TrustMeI'mHalf-Witted

Dammit, I forgot about that new CFB rule that was just introduced during the Ohio State/meeeechegan game.:doh:

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell -- read the headline of your own video. If OSU wasn't getting their ass handed to them. Why would they call his interception a game saver?

My guess is the reason they called it a game saver is -- and bear with me here -- because they were losing at the time. You see, losing in the 3rd quarter of a game is not synonymous with being dominated for the whole game. I know that's an outlandish proposition, but I think I just might be on to something.

If that's your kid in your avi, I hope you're not giving him the same Flint water you've been drinking your whole life.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L I'm sure it had nothing to do with an offense with zero points with a minute to go in the 3rd quarter and OSU trailing by 10.

I disagree. I think it had quite a bit to do with that. I think the problem you're having is you're mistakenly thinking that the game ended there. Stuff happened after that point in the game, I promise.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the first half of the first quarter - defensive stop...easy drive...stall... missed fg.

No matter how you try - there was no domination anywhere in this one. LET IT GO!

USA Today
It took two overtimes, but everything is still alive for Ohio State — and for the Big Ten, which could still get two teams into the College Football Playoff, depending on what happens beyond Columbus. But Michigan’s hopes, so close to fruition after dominating most of the way with a stifling defense

NY Times
Ohio State won, but the scoreboard is an unreliable narrator. The Wolverines outplayed Ohio State in many respects: on offense, converting 9 of 19 third-down attempts; on defense, sacking Barrett eight times; and over all, keeping the game close despite a turnover margin of minus-two

I don't have time to post the rest right now. But here are the first two from my google search. If you'd like, I can post more later. Have to pick up my little guy from school right now.

As I said before -- everyone got to watch the game. Be happy you won, the W is all that matters. UM gets nothing for moral victories.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USA Today
It took two overtimes, but everything is still alive for Ohio State — and for the Big Ten, which could still get two teams into the College Football Playoff, depending on what happens beyond Columbus. But Michigan’s hopes, so close to fruition after dominating most of the way with a stifling defense

This says Michigan dominated the game?

Hey, @MAIZEandBLUE09, we found you a roommate.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First I see UM fans whining about bad calls and missed opportunities. Now it seems like OSU fans are spending a lot of time defending a victory...when they don't have too. Are the Buckeye fans as disappointed with the ''close'' (i.e. non domination) victory as Michigan fans are disappointed with their near miss?

Western Michigan tries to even the score against Ohio Univ on Friday.