• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #3 Michigan @ #2 The Ohio State University; ABC 12 EST

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We dominated you in field position for a reason. Your offense couldn't do anything, our defense was stellar and our punter was hitting some great punts. The reality is, we just made some very crucial mistakes that kept OSU in it.

I'd say Ohio States defense was even better considering UM dominated the field position the way they did

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"except for those times when they were putting up more yards than UofM, tOSU's offense couldn't do anything."

lolz

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, I don't get you and your need for some trumped up "but we were the better team" validation.

They lost. Eat your shit like a man.

i will just say this -- if OSU had outplayed UM. You wouldn't have people making a big deal about the officiating. You wouldn't have national website posting about it.

It would be brushed away as OSU outplayed them anyways. Going into the 4th quarter, OSU had 120 yards of offense (72 on their first drive). Had only scored because of Wilton Speight.
And the offense who averaged 45 points per game had put up one 13 yard scoring drive, thanks to Speight.

THIS is why I laugh at OSU fans getting worked up about being outplayed. YOU WERE. anyone with two eyes saw it. That is why ESPN said it, cbs sports said it, USA Today said it. And it is why I've said repeatedly, I would trade places in a heartbeat. I will gladly give you the loss and happily say, you kicked our ass, if you want to give the win back.

Fact is -- the majority of the game UM handed OSU their ass. Like a great team, OSU found a way to get it done anyways. And that is why they got the win (with some helps from the refs) :behindsofa:

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact is -- the majority of the game UM handed OSU their ass.

That might be true, but what you're not acknowledging is that in the time when UofM wasn't handing tOSU it's ass, tOSU was handing UofM its ass and pussy, and all things on balance, neither team dominated.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will just say this -- if OSU had outplayed UM. You wouldn't have people making a big deal about the officiating. You wouldn't have national website posting about it.

It would be brushed away as OSU outplayed them anyways. Going into the 4th quarter, OSU had 120 yards of offense (72 on their first drive). Had only scored because of Wilton Speight.
And the offense who averaged 45 points per game had put up one 13 yard scoring drive, thanks to Speight.

THIS is why I laugh at OSU fans getting worked up about being outplayed. YOU WERE. anyone with two eyes saw it. That is why ESPN said it, cbs sports said it, USA Today said it. And it is why I've said repeatedly, I would trade places in a heartbeat. I will gladly give you the loss and happily say, you kicked our ass, if you want to give the win back.

Fact is -- the majority of the game UM handed OSU their ass. Like a great team, OSU found a way to get it done anyways. And that is why they got the win (with some helps from the refs) :behindsofa:
We had our points thanks to our elite secondary, not Speight. Stop acting like he just handed the ball off to Hooker and Baker. Those were elite plays by elite defenders.

You were hardly doing any better going into the 4th quarter. You had 17 points. You put together two drive all game of 50 yards or more, 53 and 55. OSU had three drives all game that were longer, all of which 60+ yards, two of which ended in missed FG with the ball in the Red Zone.

It was an evenly fought, low-scoring game. Saying you "handed us our asses" is the most retarded thing I think I've ever seen you say. It was a defensive battle, no questions about it. That's why it was 17-17 at the end of regulation. OSU won the game because in the end, they were the better team.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That might be true, but what you're not acknowledging is that in the time when UofM wasn't handing tOSU it's ass, tOSU was handing UofM its ass and pussy, and all things on balance, neither team dominated.

Slinky. With 1 minute left in the 3rd quarter. Almost 3/4 of the game was done. UM led 17-7, with OSU's only points coming off a gift from Speight. The offense for OSU had 120 yards for the game, with 70 coming on the first drive. UM had over twice as many yards. OSU had missed one FG and UM had fumbled at the 1 yard line.

Then, Speight decided to throw a crossing route to the OSU LB. UM went into survival mode and OSU used the momentum to control the 4th quarter. A missed FG gave UM hope, but it is UM's own fault it even got to that point.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had our points thanks to our elite secondary, not Speight. Stop acting like he just handed the ball off to Hooker and Baker. Those were elite plays by elite defenders.

You were hardly doing any better going into the 4th quarter. You had 17 points. You put together two drive all game of 50 yards or more, 53 and 55. OSU had three drives all game that were longer, all of which 60+ yards, two of which ended in missed FG with the ball in the Red Zone.

It was an evenly fought, low-scoring game. Saying you "handed us our asses" is the most retarded thing I think I've ever seen you say. It was a defensive battle, no questions about it. That's why it was 17-17 at the end of regulation. OSU won the game because in the end, they were the better team.

He threw the ball directly into hooker's chest. He didn't have to move an inch. What was elite about that?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then, Speight decided to throw a crossing route to the OSU LB. UM went into survival mode and OSU used the momentum to control the 4th quarter. A missed FG gave UM hope, but it is UM's own fault it even got to that point.

Yep. That's when tOSU was handing UofM it's ass and pussy.

I congratulate you on seeing the light.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ATF. For 3 quarters, UM handed OSU their ass. THAT is why u see national websites saying UM outplayed OSU and why an AP voter from Arkansas actually put UM ahead of OSU, even after OSU won.

Before Speight's 2nd interception. UM had 280 yards of offense, while OSU had 120 (with 70 coming on 1 drive). OSU had 7 points thanks to a ball thrown directly into the chest of Hooker who didn't even have to move. UM had 17 points and another drive they had fumbled at the 1 yard line.

Did OSU own the 4th quarter? Yes. They needed to score or the game is over. OSU seemed to feed off the 2nd interception. The crowd got going and OSU took advantage of it. Barrett broke a long run, the offense started moving the ball.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATF. For 3 quarters, UM handed OSU their ass. THAT is why u see national websites saying UM outplayed OSU and why an AP voter from Arkansas actually put UM ahead of OSU, even after OSU won.

Before Speight's 2nd interception. UM had 280 yards of offense, while OSU had 120 (with 70 coming on 1 drive). OSU had 7 points thanks to a ball thrown directly into the chest of Hooker who didn't even have to move. UM had 17 points and another drive they had fumbled at the 1 yard line.

Did OSU own the 4th quarter? Yes. They needed to score or the game is over. OSU seemed to feed off the 2nd interception. The crowd got going and OSU took advantage of it. Barrett broke a long run, the offense started moving the ball.

Just shut the fuck up & stop your :bawling:. Nobody cares if meeeechegan had the upper hand for the 3 quarters. Football games are 4 quarters. The bottom line is they didn't take care of business when it matter most. Are you gonna be bitching about the game until next years match up? None of your overly biased rationalizations will change the outcome.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you actually even watch the game?? Hooker's INT wasn't thrown directly into his chest, the ball was tipped by McMillan at the line of scrimmage. Seriously?? You didn't know that??

They outplayed OSU for the first 2.5 quarters and we outplayed you for the second half of the 3rd, the 4th and OT. As I said, it was an evenly fought game. Hooker caught a deflected pass by Raekwon McMillan and scored. That's what we do. I thought you were talking about Baker when you said the ball was thrown right into his chest because I can't believe you didn't know Hooker's INT came on a deflected pass.

UM had a drive where they fumbled at the 1 yard line because OSU gifted them an INT because our WR can't catch a ball thrown right into his hands. Had he caught it like he should, it likely would've been a first down. Those two TOs essentially negated themselves because neither was forced by the defense. The two Speight INTs were caused by elite defense by the Buckeyes LBs and secondary.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell -- read the headline of your own video. If OSU wasn't getting their ass handed to them. Why would they call his interception a game saver?
It's the title of a news story. They kinda tend to have a flair for the dramatic.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you actually even watch the game?? Hooker's INT wasn't thrown directly into his chest, the ball was tipped by McMillan at the line of scrimmage. Seriously?? You didn't know that??

They outplayed OSU for the first 2.5 quarters and we outplayed you for the second half of the 3rd, the 4th and OT. As I said, it was an evenly fought game. Hooker caught a deflected pass by Raekwon McMillan and scored. That's what we do. I thought you were talking about Baker when you said the ball was thrown right into his chest because I can't believe you didn't know Hooker's INT came on a deflected pass.

UM had a drive where they fumbled at the 1 yard line because OSU gifted them an INT because our WR can't catch a ball thrown right into his hands. Had he caught it like he should, it likely would've been a first down. Those two TOs essentially negated themselves because neither was forced by the defense. The two Speight INTs were caused by elite defense by the Buckeyes LBs and secondary.

The 2nd half of the 3rd quarter? You do know that OSU threw an INT, was stopped on a fake punt and punted on their 3 possessions in the 3rd quarter. UM fumbled at the 1 yard line of OSU, scored a TD and then the INT happened.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the title of a news story. They kinda tend to have a flair for the dramatic.

:L I'm sure it had nothing to do with an offense with zero points with a minute to go in the 3rd quarter and OSU trailing by 10.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2nd half of the 3rd quarter? You do know that OSU threw an INT, was stopped on a fake punt and punted on their 3 possessions in the 3rd quarter. UM fumbled at the 1 yard line of OSU, scored a TD and then the INT happened.
You do know that OSU scored a TD in the second half of the 3rd quarter? The 3rd quarter was a draw as each team scored a TD. We had 81 yards, you had 76.