• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

3 crazy things so far on Total D this year + 1 bold prediction

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looking at teams that have played 3 games or more:

1. Georgia is the best team in Total Defense right now. Also some teams honorably mentioned in the top ten are Army, West Virginia, Ok. St. (2 from the Big 12 ??? we may have to look at the Big12 Defense this year.

2. Alabama is 65th in the Nation in Total D with Florida at 72nd... Which sounds middle of the road .. but there are only 76 teams playing right now ... which puts Florida and Alabama close to the bottom (Ole Miss is the worse in Total D right now)

3. Odd thing Texas and a$m are tied at 38th in the Nation (to tell the truth neither of us are that good)

I prediction that both Texas and OU will not lose this week end (lol)

Collegefbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, remember a lot of people saying the BIG XII didn't play defense. Seems that way with other conferences also. I just wonder if the B1G and PAC 12 will follow suit. A poster mentioned here the other day that it seems like the Covid thing along with other factors has really had its effect on the defensive part of the game.

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, remember a lot of people saying the BIG XII didn't play defense. Seems that way with other conferences also. I just wonder if the B1G and PAC 12 will follow suit. A poster mentioned here the other day that it seems like the Covid thing along with other factors has really had its effect on the defensive part of the game.

They don't. The Big 12 usually has good offenses and terrible defenses. This year, the offenses are bad too. The Big 12 has 2 offenses in the top 25. The ACC has 6 and the SEC 5. The ACC definitely plays defense, with 8 teams in the top half of the FBS defensively. Comparatively, the Big 12 and SEC both have 5.

Also, UGA is #2 in total defense and #6 in points allowed. Keep in mind that while UGA's defense is good, they've faced the #66 (Arkansas), #67 (Auburn), and #62 (Tennessee) total offenses thus far. All three of their offenses are in the bottom 15 in total yards. It's not much better in points scored, #68, #62, and #49. Let's see how they do against Bama's before we anoint them. I'd take Clemson's right now. They're #9 in points, and #10 in yards. But they've played two top 20 scoring offenses (Wake and Miami) and the #33 offense (UVA).