• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Cleveland Cavs vs Toronto Raptors

Who wins? How many games?

• Cavs in 5 or less.

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Raptors in 5 or less.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Cavs in 6 or 7.

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Raptors in 6 or 7.

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Potato Salad.

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The summers are hellish though. If you ever go there that time of year & it's 110+ but a local tells you it's a...dry heat tell them to fuck off.

In my younger days, this basketball league I played in used to have a tournament in Vegas every summer. We'd walk out of the gym having just finished a game into that heat.

Every year I was sure I was going to walk out of the gym, turn to dust and blow away. lol

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need some coke

th

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very valid point.

Retort, Cavs fans?
what a sweep isnt enough?

If i am not mistaken- I think i read that was the first time EVER the Pacers had been swept in a 4 game series.

I mean- thats not enough? sweeping a team? you need style points now? lol. gmafb....its the playoffs.

Reactions: TJL

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Kyrie can score on anybody he wants,” James told ESPN. “ANYBODY. On a consistent level. His next growth, which I believe is going to make him a great, an all-time great, is when he can also consistently make other guys around him better. Which he is doing now. This is great to see. It’s always great to be a part of somebody’s maturation process. You know what I’m saying? I love it.”

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a sweep isnt enough?

If i am not mistaken- I think i read that was the first time EVER the Pacers had been swept in a 4 game series.

I mean- thats not enough? sweeping a team? you need style points now? lol. gmafb....its the playoffs.
Not trying to call anyone out, but a few posters said this Raptors team was better than last year's team.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8-0

The Warriors are one of the Best teams ever.
The Eastern conference sucks.

This is exactly right. This seems to be the general consensus. Every dominant performance by the Warriors is more proof that they are a great team. Every dominant performance by the Cavs is just proof that the Eastern Conference sucks.

Jazz are being praised for their toughness and competitive spirit, Raptors are being ridiculed for a supposed lack thereof.

I get that part of this is because of the reputation the Warriors and Cavs respectively earned for themselves over the course of the regular season. In the end it doesn't matter. We'll see the reality when it plays out on the court.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to call anyone out, but a few posters said this Raptors team was better than last year's team.

I was one of the few that said this Raptors team looked worst than last year.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly right. This seems to be the general consensus. Every dominant performance by the Warriors is more proof that they are a great team. Every dominant performance by the Cavs is just proof that the Eastern Conference sucks.

Jazz are being praised for their toughness and competitive spirit, Raptors are being ridiculed for a supposed lack thereof.

I get that part of this is because of the reputation the Warriors and Cavs respectively earned for themselves over the course of the regular season. In the end it doesn't matter. We'll see the reality when it plays out on the court.

The Raptors suck. But Cleveland is playing really good basketball right now. The collective opponents that the Cavs and Warriors have faced thus far are not far in disparity with one another. It's just the way it is.

Personally, I think what separates the Jazz and Raptors is a mentality - the Raps are a weak mental team. But Cleveland did what they needed and should've done - just flat out dominate them - which is impressive in its own right.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raptors suck. But Cleveland is playing really good basketball right now. The collective opponents that the Cavs and Warriors have faced thus far are not far in disparity with one another. It's just the way it is.

Personally, I think what separates the Jazz and Raptors is a mentality - the Raps are a weak mental team. But Cleveland did what they needed and should've done - which is just flat out dominate them - which is impressive in its own right.

it was like the Raps simply laid down and died. they punked themselves from the way it looked...

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Personally, I think what separates the Jazz and Raptors is a mentality - the Raps are a weak mental team. But Cleveland did what they needed and should've done - which is just flat out dominate them - which is impressive in its own right.

I agree. Not a big difference between Blazers/Jazz vs Pacers/Raptors.

The bigger difference will come in the next round, although recent injuries have narrowed the gap a little.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was like the Raps simply laid down and died. they punked themselves from the way it looked...

What is the difference between what the Raptors did and what the Jazz did?

The Raptors were actually more competitive from my viewpoint.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went and looked at the prediction thread, not one person had the Cavs sweeping the first or second round.

While 5 people had GS sweeping the first or second round.

5 people had the Cavs winning round 1 or 2 in 7 games, and 5 people had the Cavs winning round 1 or 2 in 6 games.

So it seems like absolutely none of you expected the Cavs to sweep the Pacers or the Raps, so I don't know why everyone is acting like they knew the Cavs were going to go 8-0.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup. Derozan literally symbolized their weak mindset mentioning that if they had Lebron, they would've won. Caron Butler said the same thing about it on FS1. Paraphrasing here - "We all were thinking it, and it's okay for you to think it. But don't go and tell everyone what you're thinking."