• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Cleveland Cavs vs Toronto Raptors

Who wins? How many games?

• Cavs in 5 or less.

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Raptors in 5 or less.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Cavs in 6 or 7.

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Raptors in 6 or 7.

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Potato Salad.

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went and looked at the prediction thread, not one person had the Cavs sweeping the first or second round.

While 5 people had GS sweeping the first or second round.

5 people had the Cavs winning round 1 or 2 in 7 games, and 5 people had the Cavs winning round 1 or 2 in 6 games.

So it seems like absolutely none of you expected the Cavs to sweep the Pacers or the Raps, so I don't know why everyone is acting like they knew the Cavs were going to go 8-0.

I never said that, though i DID expect them to face tougher sledding...

still, i like pretty much everyone else does expect them to come outta the East...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went and looked at the prediction thread, not one person had the Cavs sweeping the first or second round.

While 5 people had GS sweeping the first or second round.

5 people had the Cavs winning round 1 or 2 in 7 games, and 5 people had the Cavs winning round 1 or 2 in 6 games.

So it seems like absolutely none of you expected the Cavs to sweep the Pacers or the Raps, so I don't know why everyone is acting like they knew the Cavs were going to go 8-0.

Something about predicting sweeps, especially with the way the Cavs looked to close the season out. I had them winning in 5 each time, but did mention that the sweep would be likely in the 1st and possible it goes 6 in the 2nd (but was doubtful about it). Jerk. :D

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Derozan literally symbolized their weak mindset mentioning that if they had Lebron, they would've won. Caron Butler said the same thing about it on FS1. Paraphrasing here - "We all were thinking it, and it's okay for you to think it. But don't go and tell everyone what you're thinking."
Loser's mentality.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said that, though i DID expect them to face tougher sledding...

still, i like pretty much everyone else does expect them to come outta the East...

You keep saying that, yet what we're talking about here is why everyone is talking about how impressive GS looks, even though the Cavs have looked just as impressive, when apparently everyone thought GS would sweep, while no one thought the Cavs would.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raptors are also a better team than the Jazz, imo.

Yet, the Jazz are so impressive, they're trying soooo hard.

Their best player has been 68 year old Joe Johnson.

Yet the Raps are pushovers, they suck, and everyone knew the Cavs would beat them easily.****

*= Even though no one predicted a sweep, and most of you thought it would take 6 or 7 against the Raps.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to call anyone out, but a few posters said this Raptors team was better than last year's team.
they were- at least before the Lowry injury.

They added Ibaka and Tucker. Tucker played a pretty solid series. Ibaka was solid at times as well. This Raptors team was definitely better talent-wise than last years.

LeBron just crushed them mentally though. They didnt see any hope.

Its funny how thus far the CAvs and Warriors have probably gotten the most breaks injurywise.

Raptors losing Lowry, Spurs losing Parker, Jazz sustaining injuries to Hill and Gobert, Blazers sustaining injuries to Nurkic, Bulls with Rondo, Clips with Griffin, etc.........

knock on wood- I hope it continues.

Last edited:
Reactions: TJL

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep saying that, yet what we're talking about here is why everyone is talking about how impressive GS looks, even though the Cavs have looked just as impressive, when apparently everyone thought GS would sweep, while no one thought the Cavs would.

k, i see where you're comin' from...

but let's face it. coming into these playoffs you DO remember how the Cavs looked before they started. thinking that has quite a bit to do with it...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raptors are also a better team than the Jazz, imo.

Yet, the Jazz are so impressive, they're trying soooo hard.

Their best player has been 68 year old Joe Johnson.

Yet the Raps are pushovers, they suck, and everyone knew the Cavs would beat them easily.****

*= Even though no one predicted a sweep, and most of you thought it would take 6 or 7 against the Raps.
I didnt even predict a sweep- I predicted the Cavs in 5---- however- i also said- its more likely a sweep than it is that it goes to 6 games.

I think its hard to pick a sweep against ANYONE in the playoffs to a certain extent. I mean- everyteam that makes the playoffs gets there for some reason- and winning 4 in a row- in cluding 2 on the road- is never easy no matter who you are.

Like picking the Warriors to sleep the Blazers without Nurkic etc. - that was one i felt comfortable predicting a sweep---- but with PG and how hot the Pacers were- i didnt even feel comfortable predicting the CAvs sweep them--- i said 5 (though - like against hte Raptors- i figured it was a lot more likely they sweep then it going 6) just because you gotta give the other guy some respect.

If not for LeBron, and Korver going nuts in that comeback, it wouldve been 5 too.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
k, i see where you're comin' from...

but let's face it. coming into these playoffs you DO remember how the Cavs looked before they started. thinking that has quite a bit to do with it...
All I'm saying is even if you think what the Warriors are doing, is more impressive, you can still say the Cavs are impressive.

All I see here is people trying to tear down the Pacers/Raps and act like what the Cavs have done was easy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs were 12-2 in the east last year, 12-2 the year before......

I think they will prob win the ECF in 5 this year---- but i have to admit- i think its more likely it goes 6 than it goes only 4 and is a sweep.

lets knock on wood- hope everyone stays healthy- and we get a fun ECF. If the Cavs do finish it off in 5, and go 12-1 in the East- i will laugh my ass off at all the panickers and alarmists who thought the Cavs would have a harder time getting through the East than in past years. lol.

i had been saying it for weeks- and of course it comes true- Cavs just needed A. to get healthy, and B. some practice time to gel.

the Cavs going 9-13 their last 22 games was just what i said it was- TOTALLY IRRELEVANT. Didnt matter one fucking iota once the playoffs started.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'm saying is even if you think what the Warriors are doing, is more impressive, you can still say the Cavs are impressive.

All I see here is people trying to tear down the Pacers/Raps and act like what the Cavs have done was easy.

ok, here goes...

the Cavs are impresseeerrr...

the Cavs are imprerrrie...

damn, i'm trying...

no, really...:lol:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i tried to tell people not to be fooled by some regular season games when the team had injuries, then resting guys, then trying to assimilate new guys, etc. etc. etc......but no one would listen.

i said- just give them A. health, and B. practice time to gel- and they would be fine.......as per usual.

Time Vindicates.

plus- gotta give some well-deserved credit to Ty Lue for not showing his hand down the stretch and devising some pretty impressive defensive strategies to limit some of the best, most prolific scorers in the league like DeRozan and PG.

maybe next year people will know better---- but, who am i kidding? lol, prob not.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i tried to tell people not to be fooled by some regular season games when the team had injuries, then resting guys, then trying to assimilate new guys, etc. etc. etc......but no one would listen.

i said- just give them A. health, and B. practice time to gel- and they would be fine.......as per usual.

Time Vindicates.

plus- gotta give some well-deserved credit to Ty Lue for not showing his hand down the stretch and devising some pretty impressive defensive strategies to limit some of the best, most prolific scorers in the league like DeRozan and PG.

maybe next year people will know better---- but, who am i kidding? lol, prob not.

channelling my inner MSGkings, all of this BS comes to an end this June...:lol:

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Time Vindicates.

oh, and now channelling my inner TurnUpTheHeat, you ready for that bet now, or are you STILL gonna be a pussy about it...?

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EXCUSE ME ???????????????????

CELTICS RULE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CELTICS IN SEVEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea, @Mecca is pretty wrong there, there's actually a few people in the prediction thread that have them not making the Finals.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly right. This seems to be the general consensus. Every dominant performance by the Warriors is more proof that they are a great team. Every dominant performance by the Cavs is just proof that the Eastern Conference sucks.

Jazz are being praised for their toughness and competitive spirit, Raptors are being ridiculed for a supposed lack thereof.

I get that part of this is because of the reputation the Warriors and Cavs respectively earned for themselves over the course of the regular season. In the end it doesn't matter. We'll see the reality when it plays out on the court.

Utah looked like shit, especially without Hill. Hayward is truly underrated though IMO, the dude can score and facilitate. Warriors play tough defense but Utah last night couldnt make uncontested layups.