• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Cleveland Cavs vs Toronto Raptors

Who wins? How many games?

• Cavs in 5 or less.

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Raptors in 5 or less.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Cavs in 6 or 7.

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Raptors in 6 or 7.

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Potato Salad.

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course has to do with the Browns and not the CAvs---

but with the Browns trading down from 12 to 25 with the Texans- they got a 1st rounder next year.

right now NEXT NFL draft they have 5 picks in the first 2 rounds...2 1st's and 3 2nd's.........thats in addition to 2 1st's and 2 2nd's THIS year......

total of 9 picks in the first two rounds between next year and this year......between these 2 drafts- if the Browns dont shit on themselves- they will have a chance to pick themselves up out of the shit.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course has to do with the Browns and not the CAvs---

but with the Browns trading down from 12 to 25 with the Texans- they got a 1st rounder next year.

right now NEXT NFL draft they have 5 picks in the first 2 rounds...2 1st's and 3 2nd's.........thats in addition to 2 1st's and 2 2nd's THIS year......

total of 9 picks in the first two rounds between next year and this year......between these 2 drafts- if the Browns dont shit on themselves- they will have a chance to pick themselves up out of the shit.

Browns had a fucking amazing 1st round. Did you guys totally swap out your front office?

With Njoku going to the Browns and Duke already there, I might have to start paying attention to the Browns.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns had a fucking amazing 1st round. Did you guys totally swap out your front office?

With Njoku going to the Browns and Duke already there, I might have to start paying attention to the Browns.
last year they swapped it out.

They brought in DePodesta. He was the assistant to Billy Beane in Oakland was Jonah Hills character in the MoneyBall movie.

They are doing more analytics driven stuff than any team in the league.

I have mixed feelings about trading down from 12 to 25.

I thought Peppers was a really nice pick at 25. He will bring an attitude that the Browns need. I really liked Malik Hooker --- and think Watson has some nice potential as well- and they were both avaliable at #12.

Moving back and getting the Texans first rounder next year is nice though.

So- the Browns get 3 first rounders this year---- and have 2 1st's and 3 2nd's next year......thats ammo to go and get the QB they really want.

its STARTING to come together a little bit.

Njoku looks like a freak athlete...they are gonna have to coach him up plenty though-- but he has some nice potential.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last year they swapped it out.

They brought in DePodesta. He was the assistant to Billy Beane in Oakland was Jonah Hills character in the MoneyBall movie.

They are doing more analytics driven stuff than any team in the league.

I have mixed feelings about trading down from 12 to 25.

I thought Peppers was a really nice pick at 25. He will bring an attitude that the Browns need. I really liked Malik Hooker --- and think Watson has some nice potential as well- and they were both avaliable at #12.

Moving back and getting the Texans first rounder next year is nice though.

So- the Browns get 3 first rounders this year---- and have 2 1st's and 3 2nd's next year......thats ammo to go and get the QB they really want.

its STARTING to come together a little bit.

Njoku looks like a freak athlete...they are gonna have to coach him up plenty though-- but he has some nice potential.

Njoku's potential is through the roof. It's funny because when Golden was coaching Miami, some fans criticized accepting his commitment. His first year he was red-shirted I believe and we tried him out at LB - then he blew up and was our best TE. The things he needs to work on is consistency with catching as he'll have an occasional drop as well as blocking. That's one thing he should've been much better at given his size.

But yeah, I like the Peppers pick up as well - that kid's a beast. Not sure about the Garrett pick given his effort on some plays. Some of the best defensive lineman have endless motors which Garrett through college didn't have.

Overall, not a bad 1st round for the Browns.

Reactions: TJL

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TJL what's up with your boy Dalvin?
So much talent fell because of the QB tradeups and fournette/McCaffrey/Ross/Williams/Davis

Going early, the teams that needed a RB couldn't pass it up.

Bucs wanted Cook but they couldn't pull the trigger with Howard there, they got a top 5 player at 19, and the 49ers got Foster at 31, another top 5 player lmfao

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Njoku's potential is through the roof. It's funny because when Golden was coaching Miami, some fans criticized accepting his commitment. His first year he was red-shirted I believe and we tried him out at LB - then he blew up and was our best TE. The things he needs to work on is consistency with catching as he'll have an occasional drop as well as blocking. That's one thing he should've been much better at given his size.

But yeah, I like the Peppers pick up as well - that kid's a beast. Not sure about the Garrett pick given his effort on some plays. Some of the best defensive lineman have endless motors which Garrett through college didn't have.

Overall, not a bad 1st round for the Browns.
I wanted Bucs to get Cook at 19, then go for Njodku in the 2nd

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Bucs to get Cook at 19, then go for Njodku in the 2nd

I'm surprised Cook didn't go in the 1st. I laughed my ass off when Mcaffery went 8th. I don't get it. I honestly don't get it. I hope my Phins get Cook at 52/54 (I forget what our pick is in the 2nd).

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much talent fell because of the QB tradeups and fournette/McCaffrey/Ross/Williams/Davis

Going early, the teams that needed a RB couldn't pass it up.

Bucs wanted Cook but they couldn't pull the trigger with Howard there, they got a top 5 player at 19, and the 49ers got Foster at 31, another top 5 player lmfao

I think Howard's overrated IMO. His numbers at Bama suck. And before I hear it's Bama - they highlight one receiver in their offense and run it with 2 RBs primarily. If he was so good he would've been utilized more. I think Njoku will end up having the better career.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised Cook didn't go in the 1st. I laughed my ass off when Mcaffery went 8th. I don't get it. I honestly don't get it. I hope my Phins get Cook at 52/54 (I forget what our pick is in the 2nd).
You mean MY Phins, I liked our first round pick, that was another steal.

So many dumb moves in the first 15 picks, left a TON of good players left for already good teams.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TJL I know you're laughing your ass off with Wilson and Tabor not getting picked in the 1st. Especially since UF fans keep spouting off DBU.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Howard's overrated IMO. His numbers at Bama suck. And before I hear it's Bama - they highlight one receiver in their offense and run it with 2 RBs primarily. If he was so good he would've been utilized more. I think Njoku will end up having the better career.
I agree

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean MY Phins, I liked our first round pick, that was another steal.

So many dumb moves in the first 15 picks, left a TON of good players left for already good teams.

I thought you were a Bucs fan.