• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Boston Celtics vs Washington Wizards

Who ya got

• Celtics in 4 or 5

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Celtics in 6 or 7

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • Wiz in 4 or 5

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Wiz in 6 or 7

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to clutter up the board and argue with you, we'll just leave it at that.

Quick question: Your logos confuse me. Are you a Lakers fan or a Warriors fan? Or perhaps you were a Lakers fan during the good times but now felt the need to find a better team so you hopped on the Harlem Globetrotters. :D
There should be no clutter because what I said & then later explained again was pretty clear.

I'm a Laker fan AND a Warrior fan. Is that also illegal here too? :D

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He charged into the ref as well....Whether intentional or not, he made hard contact with an official....The NBA has no choice..

They do have a choice.

They can suspend him for 1 game. Silver has been a bit soft on player discipline. David Stern he ain't. I would be shocked if he gets more than a game, but equally surprised if he is not suspended.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do have a choice.

They can suspend him for 1 game. Silver has been a bit soft on player discipline. David Stern he ain't. I would be shocked if he gets more than a game, but equally surprised if he is not suspended.
I agree I would be surprised if he doesn't get suspended. I thought contact w/ the refs is a no, no. Especially in that type of situation.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There should be no clutter because what I said & then later explained again was pretty clear.

Yeah to a lot of us having two teams ain't right. I never got it, it's like having two wives or girlfriend. Who do you root for when they play? I argued this with my brother in law who was a lifelong Lions fan, then when that wasn't working out so well he conveniently jumped on the Giants around LT time. When he tried to talk trash about the Giants I stopped him in his tracks with full support from the rest of the family.

When you have two teams you have just doubled your chance at success. Having two teams, then picking out the better one to brag about is no different then me playing a round of golf, taking a do- over on every shot, picking the best of the two, then going into the clubhouse bragging about the 74 I just shot.

You appear to be doing the same thing.

Last edited:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone have an update on Thomas? Surprised more hasn't been said about him not returning to the court to start the second half. Is he OK?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do have a choice.

Exactly, I would understand a game, I could also see no more than the disqualification and a fine. But the poster said they have no choice other than 3 games and I disagree, that would be too much IMO.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone have an update on Thomas? Surprised more hasn't been said about him not returning to the court to start the second half. Is he OK?

Check the Isaiah Thomas broken jaw thread. If those reports are true, then my respect for the man went up even further, if possible. Dude is a warrior.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check the Isaiah Thomas broken jaw thread. If those reports are true, then my respect for the man went up even further, if possible. Dude is a warrior.

Thanks, I had heard a rumor that he had a broken jaw. I'll look into that thread.

Really sorry to hear this, I don't think I could have any more respect for the man. Long before this injury and his sister's tragedy I have always loved Isaih. How can you not? What he does is Tiny Archibald territory and it's simply amazing. I hope he can somehow overcome this and plays well. Just not too well.

Here since some of you are like 9 years old and never saw Tiny play let me help you out. He was the Jackie Robinson of short guys. Before him little guys never got a chance. Coaches and GMs when asked about Archibald said "who is he going to be able to guard?". Finally one smart one asked "who is going to be able to guard him?"

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK found the broken jaw thread. I'd like the last 2 minutes of my life back please. Nothing but a whiny poster starting an unnecessarily thread when it could have been posted here, you know where the series is being discussed. It also contained conflicting info. Does he have a broken jaw or doesn't he?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah to a lot of us having two teams ain't right. I never got it, it's like having two wives or girlfriend. Who do you root for when they play? I argued this with my brother in law who was a lifelong Lions fan, then when that wasn't working out so well he conveniently jumped on the Giants around LT time. When he tried to talk trash about the Giants I stopped him in his tracks with full support from the rest of the family.

When you have two teams you have just doubled your chance at success. Having two teams, then picking out the better one to brag about is no different then me playing a round of golf, taking a do- over on every shot, picking the best of the two, then going into the clubhouse bragging about the 74 I just shot.

You appear to be doing the same thing.

Meh, not sure having 2 teams is so bad as long as you support both teams no matter what. I don't necessarily have 2 teams but I do have 2nd favorite teams.

In the NBA the Lakers are my favorite team, the Suns are my 2nd favorite team. When I was a kid, my aunts had Suns season tickets and when I was 8 they took me to my first NBA game figuring I'd become a Suns fan. Unfortunately, the first Suns game they took me to was vs. the Lakers. The Lakers came out with The Logo, Wilt and Gail Goodrich (it was 1970) and as soon as I saw them, that was my team.

They continued to take me to Suns games as I was growing up, so the Suns became my 2nd favorite. When they play each other, I pull for the Lakers, in every other game they play, I pull for the Suns.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, not sure having 2 teams is so bad as long as you support both teams no matter what. I don't necessarily have 2 teams but I do have 2nd favorite teams.

In the NBA the Lakers are my favorite team, the Suns are my 2nd favorite team. When I was a kid, my aunts had Suns season tickets and when I was 8 they took me to my first NBA game figuring I'd become a Suns fan. Unfortunately, the first Suns game they took me to was vs. the Lakers. The Lakers came out with The Logo, Wilt and Gail Goodrich (it was 1970) and as soon as I saw them, that was my team.

They continued to take me to Suns games as I was growing up, so the Suns became my 2nd favorite. When they play each other, I pull for the Lakers, in every other game they play, I pull for the Suns.

Yeah I get it my rule is not followed by everyone but I still subscribe to it stroingly. Most of us have other teams they kind of root for but that's not the same as claiming multiple teams as your teams.. To me a real fan is a guy who picks up a team at the age of 10 and that is his team, through good times or bad, for life. You can like other teams sure but I don't think it's right to claim more than one as your team for the reason I posted.

A guy who is a Laker fan and a Warriors fan kind of wreaks of my brother in law who searched out the best option he could find when his main team just wasn't good enough. Not much different than all the Miami fans who magically appeared across the country when LeBron went to South Beach. How many people do you see wearing Heat shirts and hats these days? It's in the back of the closet, probably replaced with Warriors gear. LOL.

Last edited:

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to pick up my lady today and bringing her back to the new place......ordering the fight tonight and we're gonna have fun.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Illegal? No. But any Laker fandom should at least be frowned upon. :suds::D

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oubre is officially out for game 4. 1 game suspension. No surprise here.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oubre's young. He overreacted. Running through the official was the dumbest part... O'lynyk O'flopped.

I think the 1 game suspension is just about right, too.

Hopefully, the Wiz learned a lesson about calling out picks. Oubre should have charged at his own teammate.