• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Boston Celtics vs Washington Wizards

Who ya got

• Celtics in 4 or 5

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Celtics in 6 or 7

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • Wiz in 4 or 5

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Wiz in 6 or 7

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that was the second time he got him that quarter...lol

Don't forget he's the same guy that ripped Kevin Love's arm off the year before last.

So, evidence is mounting that he might be a little dirty.

In all fairness to Olynyk Love shouldn't have gotten in his way & he wouldn't have gotten injured. Love was just in the wrong place @ the wrong time.:heh:

CELTICS IN SEVEN! :hope:

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how Oubre isn't suspended.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was told there is talk of thomas's broken jaw in this thread, because it is a celtics game thread. i feel duped.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I still can't believe I had to defend the position that teams play much better at home than on the road, that's pretty much common knowledge. So far we have seen a Boston team that played very well at home, as was expected, but were not even competitive on the road. Washington on the other hand showed they could go toe to toe with the Celtics in Boston and destroyed them when playing at home.

That's why they say a series doesn't start until the road team wins and obviously the Wiz have to find a way to win in Boston. And their bench probably just lost a player for a game. But the conclusions drawn after the second game by some here were way too premature.
I don't remember anyone predicting an outcome just yet. We were commenting on what we've seen SO FAR. Is there something wrong with that or is that normal behavior on a sports forum?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 1. Wizards led 38-24 after Q1.
Game 2. Wizards led 42-29 after Q1.
Game 3. Wizards led 39-17 after Q1.

They've outscored Boston 119-70 in the 1st quarter. It's crazy that they're down in the series.
^^^^This^^^^

Boston was playing from behind in both games 1 & 2, so I think it's fair to say they weren't playing good at home. Playing good at home is what we've seen from GS so far this post season.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think Oubre will be suspended. Its not just the over-reaction and the shove on Olynyk... he hit a ref. League won't like that.

Also... looking at this angle... that screen really wasn't that bad. A foul for sure (he was moving), but nothing dirty or flagrant in my opinion. The angle they showed on the broadcast made it look worse, imo.

Couldn't agree more. I think he's forced to sit a game or two simply because the ref was right in the middle of them when he went in for the kill. LOL

mick7-1961

Commerce Comet
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just bet $20,980 on the Cavs....

All in......

That's the only way I bet...............

mick7-1961

Commerce Comet
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that was the second time he got him that quarter...lol

Don't forget he's the same guy that ripped Kevin Love's arm off the year before last.

So, evidence is mounting that he might be a little dirty.
upload_2017-5-5_16-26-8.png

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember anyone predicting an outcome just yet. We were commenting on what we've seen SO FAR. Is there something wrong with that or is that normal behavior on a sports forum?

While your comment below certainly had merit at the time it didn't take into account the fact that it's tough to stay on top of the home team for 4 quarters when you are playing on the road. You failed to give credence to the thought that things could very well change once they moved to DC, you made a number of posts that had a bit of "this is inevitable" tone to it. .

You also claimed that teams do not always play better at home than the do on the road which I debunked with a link showing every team in the league had a better home than road record.

It seems to me that based on those two games Washington is having trouble sustaining their level of play through 4 quarters. That doesn't usually bode well when the goal is to win the series.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't agree more. I think he's forced to sit a game or two simply because the ref was right in the middle of them when he went in for the kill. LOL

Or two? Please. Quite a difference in say going after a ref & just happening to make contact since the ref came in at the last minute to try to separate the players. Oubre may be suspended for a game, but I would be shocked if it went beyond that.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While your comment below certainly had merit at the time it didn't take into account the fact that it's tough to stay on top of the home team for 4 quarters when you are playing on the road. You failed to give credence to the thought that things could very well change once they moved to DC, you made a number of posts that had a bit of "this is inevitable" tone to it. .

You also claimed that teams do not always play better at home than the do on the road which I debunked with a link showing every team in the league had a better home than road record.
First off I think you were the only one who thought my posts had a "this is inevitable" tone to them. Clearly you're the only one arguing what "could" happen - which obviously goes without saying because in basketball things can change quickly. Furthermore I didn't realize I had to add the credence that things could change to posts that were related to what we were actually watching.

And I did say that not all teams play better at home - which Boston proved to be the case in both games 1 & 2. Both games they played from behind, which most would agree wasn't their "best" games. Some have even said they were "lucky" to have won them both rather than being 1-1 going into Washing for game 3.

My last post you provided clearly says in those TWO games that had already been played. Again, a discussion about what had happened SO FAR. And I don't think my comment was wrong because in both games Washington lost their lead and then the game.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or two? Please. Quite a difference in say going after a ref & just happening to make contact since the ref came in at the last minute to try to separate the players. Oubre may be suspended for a game, but I would be shocked if it went beyond that.
I'm not going to argue on how many games he should sit because it's subjective & based on league officials decisions. But the ref was already there when he went after Oubre.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to argue on how many games he should sit because it's subjective & based on league officials decisions. But the ref was already there when he went after Oubre.

Check out the 1:20 mark. We are talking a split second here & that is not the pt. The pt is that actually going after a ref intentionally is much different than making contact while the ref is playing peacemaker. In any case - if they suspend him for one game so be it. It was a stupid decision by Oubre but let's not turn this into something much worse. He has already admitted that he was wrong.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Check out the 1:20 mark. We are talking a split second here & that is not the pt. The pt is that actually going after a ref intentionally is much different than making contact while the ref is playing peacemaker. In any case - if they suspend him for one game so be it. It was a stupid decision by Oubre but let's not turn this into something much worse. He has already admitted that he was wrong.
Unfortunately for him the punishment won't be based on his intent- but rather that he made contact with the ref. What I said was the ref was already there because Olynik was already having a conversation with him for calling the offensive foul. Clearly the ref didn't run & get in the way like you have earlier stated.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Home court has been huge for sure, but I think coaching has had a larger impact on this series than usual.

Stevens kicked Brooks' butt in games 1 and 2, but Brooks made outstanding defensive adjustments for game 3, and the team was really ready to play.

The onus is back on Stevens in game 4 to get Isaiah and the offense flowing again. Thomas will of course be better in game 4, but the Wizards need to continue to force difficult looks as they did in game 3. Stevens and home court will be difficult to overcome.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off I think you were the only one who thought my posts had a "this is inevitable" tone to them. Clearly you're the only one arguing what "could" happen - which obviously goes without saying because in basketball things can change quickly. Furthermore I didn't realize I had to add the credence that things could change to posts that were related to what we were actually watching.

And I did say that not all teams play better at home - which Boston proved to be the case in both games 1 & 2. Both games they played from behind, which most would agree wasn't their "best" games. Some have even said they were "lucky" to have won them both rather than being 1-1 going into Washing for game 3.

My last post you provided clearly says in those TWO games that had already been played. Again, a discussion about what had happened SO FAR. And I don't think my comment was wrong because in both games Washington lost their lead and then the game.

I don't want to clutter up the board and argue with you, we'll just leave it at that.

Quick question: Your logos confuse me. Are you a Lakers fan or a Warriors fan? Or perhaps you were a Lakers fan during the good times but now felt the need to find a better team so you hopped on the Harlem Globetrotters. :D