• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Boston Celtics vs Washington Wizards

Who ya got

• Celtics in 4 or 5

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Celtics in 6 or 7

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • Wiz in 4 or 5

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Wiz in 6 or 7

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take everything you say in a joking manner.

Dude, I was a Jailer for 13 years.

There is nothing that you can say to offend me.

Inmates are waaaaaay more creative with their barbs than us normal folk.

Might have to do with all that free time they have on their hands.
I know lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more worried about playing the Wiz than the Celtics honestly, if the Cavs can finish out the Raptors. If the Wiz didnt get give up two huge leads they could legitimately be up 3-0. Both teams are dangerous but the Wiz seem more dangerous IMO

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the post game comments, the fireworks could just be starting in this series.

Hopefully none of the key players do anything to mar the outcome. No more fights fellas.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was all set with a "White Guys Can't Flop" comment.

Then I remembered Vlade. :L
Olynyk is a ........finesse guy.

So, it's quite possible that he didn't flop...lol

But, the way he went down like a ton of bricks made it look like Oubre straight Rock Bottomed his ass.

rock-bottom-o.gif

Reactions: TJL

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of you guys got Xbox one?

My gamertag is,. Prime Ang

Add me

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the post game comments, the fireworks could just be starting in this series.

Hopefully none of the key players do anything to mar the outcome. No more fights fellas.

That shit happens to Patrick Beverly all the time.

Steven Adams punched his ticket, twice, in the first round.

Beverly just gets up and tries to cripple * cough* vigorously defends a different opposing player.

Young Mr. Oubre needs to maintain his composure.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also shows how people forget how the playoffs work. A team wins at home and the hot takes are 'it's over'. Then on the road it's a different story. Wizards are good, and they almost won game 2. Feels like a 7 game series. Same with Houston - San Antonio.

Yeah I still can't believe I had to defend the position that teams play much better at home than on the road, that's pretty much common knowledge. So far we have seen a Boston team that played very well at home, as was expected, but were not even competitive on the road. Washington on the other hand showed they could go toe to toe with the Celtics in Boston and destroyed them when playing at home.

That's why they say a series doesn't start until the road team wins and obviously the Wiz have to find a way to win in Boston. And their bench probably just lost a player for a game. But the conclusions drawn after the second game by some here were way too premature.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That shit happens to Patrick Beverly all the time.

Steven Adams punched his ticket, twice, in the first round.

Beverly just gets up and tries to cripple * cough* vigorously defends a different opposing player.

Young Mr. Oubre needs to maintain his composure.

Agreed. He should not have done what he did. At the same time, physical play was obviously a point of emphasis for the Wizards.

I would have preferred to see him stand up to somebody like Smart or Crowder, but the fact that he went at a Celtic player could be a rallying cry for the team.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting take here. I had noticed Isaih stepping into the lane on free throws and always wondered why it wasn't a violation. Clearly it is a violation but I kind of agree to apply common sense. The purpose of the rule is to eliminate an advantage on rebounds. Thomas is not doing it to gain an advantage so I'm cool with letting it go. But I can see the other side of it.

Yes, Celtics’ Isaiah Thomas always commits free throw violations that aren’t called

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 1. Wizards led 38-24 after Q1.
Game 2. Wizards led 42-29 after Q1.
Game 3. Wizards led 39-17 after Q1.

They've outscored Boston 119-70 in the 1st quarter. It's crazy that they're down in the series.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think Oubre will be suspended. Its not just the over-reaction and the shove on Olynyk... he hit a ref. League won't like that.

Also... looking at this angle... that screen really wasn't that bad. A foul for sure (he was moving), but nothing dirty or flagrant in my opinion. The angle they showed on the broadcast made it look worse, imo.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think Oubre will be suspended. Its not just the over-reaction and the shove on Olynyk... he hit a ref. League won't like that.

Also... looking at this angle... that screen really wasn't that bad. A foul for sure (he was moving), but nothing dirty or flagrant in my opinion. The angle they showed on the broadcast made it look worse, imo.

Lowkey Olynyk is a dirty player. Props to Oubre for not taking his shit.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Olynyk hit him pretty good. It was a nice block actually. Belichik will probably be offering him a contract.

But Oubre definitely needs to be suspended. That was just stupid. You can't lose your cool like that in the playoffs.

Not to mention, as you point out, he damn near took down the ref too.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think that was a hard and borderline dirty foul by Olynyk and it's not like it's his first such play. He hit him like a tight end going into a linebacker, that is not how you set a pick.

The reaction was more of a build up over the course of the series. The ruling will be interesting. He didn't throw a punch which is the automatic suspension, and he didn't go after the ref and make contact, the ref was kind of collateral damage. But he still went after the player and clearly bumped the ref so I can see a game.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think that was a hard and borderline dirty foul by Olynyk and it's not like it's his first such play. He hit him like a tight end going into a linebacker, that is not how you set a pick.

The reaction was more of a build up over the course of the series. The ruling will be interesting. He didn't throw a punch which is the automatic suspension, and he didn't go after the ref and make contact, the ref was kind of collateral damage. But he still went after the player and clearly bumped the ref so I can see a game.

I can live with a one game suspension for Oubre. He barely played yesterday & they blew out the Celtics. They can survive his absence for one game. Mahinmi also played for the first time in a while yesterday so perhaps he can help offset this somewhat.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics can't hide Thomas defensively. For the first time in the series, the Wizards exploited this. I hope they continue attacking him. It doesn't matter if they put him on Wall, Beal or Porter. Make Thomas work hard on every defensive trip and make him feel like a liability (get in his head). If they do this, Celts won't win another game.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, that was the second time he got him that quarter...lol

Don't forget he's the same guy that ripped Kevin Love's arm off the year before last.

So, evidence is mounting that he might be a little dirty.