• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2nd committee poll

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure how UGA is 4. Bama 5 and PSU 9. Penn St has a better resume than either of the first 2 so it could only be "eyr test" as the difference but Bama has clearky been better there than UGA. Pretty weird

How does Penn State have a better resume?

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UGA and PSU are a tossup for me WRT resume, but it doesn’t matter. PSU has a 20+ point loss to tOSU coming up soon. If UGA beats AU, they are 11-1 with an SECCG play-in to the CFP.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UGA and PSU are a tossup for me WRT resume, but it doesn’t matter. PSU has a 20+ point loss to tOSU coming up soon. If UGA beats AU, they are 11-1 with an SECCG play-in to the CFP.

You know I've always liked you.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Penn State has a better loss than Georgia, and better wins than Alabama.

Penn State and UGA wins are pretty similar.
Michigan and Iowa
Florida and Notre Dame

The losses aren’t relatively similar.
Minnesota is an undefeated playoff contenders.
South Carolina isn’t even going to a bowl game.

So, similar wins and a better loss makes for a better resume in my opinion.

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do people still not understand. These weeks are pretty impossible to rank week to week...but in the end they got it right every time. Let it play out and stop bitching about a meaningless poll with still a lot of football to play. They will get it right

What does getting it right mean? There is no universally correct foursome.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok.

People have mentioned "not to worry" for some of the teams out there trying to climb back in - it will sort itself out..... problem that can be hard to do if everyone wins ahead of you. Sure, its much easier to "climb" if you are ranked 20-25, but if you are 5-10, much much harder. I'm not completely anti committee, but think some of the formulas from the BCS should be used.

Imo, Minn. should be ranked at least 1 position higher ahead of utah. #7.

Alabama and Oregon have a good shot at winning out.

about the NCG. I already know the game I want to see........

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10-2 Auburn or 12-1 Oregon/Utah/OU

Who you taking?

My guess is the committee takes the winner of Oregon/Utah if they win out til the Pac 12 CG. Not sure that the right choice though.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok.

People have mentioned "not to worry" for some of the teams out there trying to climb back in - it will sort itself out..... problem that can be hard to do if everyone wins ahead of you. Sure, its much easier to "climb" if you are ranked 20-25, but if you are 5-10, much much harder. I'm not completely anti committee, but think some of the formulas from the BCS should be used.

Minnesota just moved up 9 spots and jumped several teams ahead of them that won.

Ohio State won last week and LSU still jumped them in the rankings.

In 2014 when the rankings came out Baylor was 13th and Ohio State was 16th. Both teams won out and Ohio State got in.

Teams with the best resume at the end of the season will get in

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota just moved up 9 spots and jumped several teams ahead of them that won.

Ohio State won last week and LSU still jumped them in the rankings.

In 2014 when the rankings came out Baylor was 13th and Ohio State was 16th. Both teams won out and Ohio State got in.

Teams with the best resume at the end of the season will get in

1. Yes, I understand they moved up 9 spots. and before the game thought that 9 or 10 would be appropriate if they won. What I didn't take into consideration is the resume of teams around them between 6-10.
2. Yes. lsu jumped OSU. thats fine. Although I think a reasonable argument could be made to leave them where they were - but whatever......
3. yes sir. that happened. Good thing OSU proved that the committee made the correct decision.... :nod::thumb:
4. I know.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because their wins are almost as good as UGA but their loss is far better. Both teams have better resumes than Bama

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because their wins are almost as good as UGA but their loss is far better. Both teams have better resumes than Bama
I'd say their wins are undoubtedly as good. Florida is probably better than Iowa, but as we saw on the field, michigan is clearly much better than ND.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does getting it right mean? There is no universally correct foursome.

They got the 4 best teams every time. The couple that were the outside looking in we found out weren't top 4 teams. They've done as good of a job as they could have to this point, I think most can agree

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok.

Problem with Alabama is they cant climb they have to hope several teams lose another game.

Oregon needs Utah to win out and they need to beat them in CCG. Same for Utah. Looks like they also need UGA to lose one more.

UGA would need to win out, that includes beating the #1 team.

Minnesota, the verdict is still out, but they still have games to climb up before the CCG (Wisconsin and Iowa). If they beat Wisconsin or Iowa, I expect would expect them to jump those PAC teams. They jumped freaking 9 spots in one week (biggest jump in CFP history). Their ranking won't matter much if they lose one of those games.

The Big 12 is the weak spot right now, they will likely need chaos for Oklahoma to get in, but their best spot is Baylor going undefeated.

The point is, there are always teams that lose, we see it every year. Let it play out, it's one week...every year it seems to sort itself out and I don't expect this year to be any different.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with Alabama is they cant climb they have to hope several teams lose another game.

Oregon needs Utah to win out and they need to beat them in CCG. Same for Utah. Looks like they also need UGA to lose one more.

UGA would need to win out, that includes beating the #1 team.

Minnesota, the verdict is still out, but they still have games to climb up before the CCG (Wisconsin and Iowa). If they beat Wisconsin or Iowa, I expect would expect them to jump those PAC teams. They jumped freaking 9 spots in one week (biggest jump in CFP history). Their ranking won't matter much if they lose one of those games.

The Big 12 is the weak spot right now, they will likely need chaos for Oklahoma to get in, but their best spot is Baylor going undefeated.

The point is, there are always teams that lose, we see it every year. Let it play out, it's one week...every year it seems to sort itself out and I don't expect this year to be any different.
Oklahoma will have ranked opponents for 3 of their last 4 weeks. If they can make a few statements, they're going to be right there at the end.